Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

I have not been driving the ball as well as I Would like the last few rounds. I wanted to upload a quick 5 second video and see if anyone could do a quick diagnosis and see what I can work on. 

Currently I feel like I’m a little to far away from the ball which is causing me to hunch over and come over the top a little bit but In reality I have no idea what I’m talking about. 

Any advice would be appreciated. 

Everyone stinks, yes even the pros. Have fun 

You have many of the classic swing faults for amateurs.

The camera angle isn’t in the right spot so the extent of how much you are taking it inside is hard to say for sure, but basically your issue starts with setup which leads to far out. From a camera angle the camera should be at hand height and pointed down the handline from down the line view and for face on at hand height in the middle of the body.

You whip the club inside and get the head of club behind the hands, which leads to a flat turn and too much arm lift. The other big fault which usually goes with the inside takeaway is the hips are working in the opposite direction they are supposed. Your left hip comes forward rather than the right hip moving back and arod aka false turn.

Everything after that isn’t a fault But a compensation. For some it’s going to be to fire the right and dump the trail side shallow but for most it’s what you do because it feels powerful is to move the throw the right shoulder and hip at the ball and  come over the top. This causes the standing up and late shallow to be able to hit the ball.

The inside take is probably made worse by what looks like a weak left hand and strong right hand. A face on view would help tell that.

A more neutral grip, learning proper setup, setting the wrist earlier and how to properly shift and turn the hips are all things that need to be addressed.

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

1 hour ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

You have many of the classic swing faults for amateurs.

The camera angle isn’t in the right spot so the extent of how much you are taking it inside is hard to say for sure, but basically your issue starts with setup which leads to far out. From a camera angle the camera should be at hand height and pointed down the handline from down the line view and for face on at hand height in the middle of the body.

You whip the club inside and get the head of club behind the hands, which leads to a flat turn and too much arm lift. The other big fault which usually goes with the inside takeaway is the hips are working in the opposite direction they are supposed. Your left hip comes forward rather than the right hip moving back and arod aka false turn.

Everything after that isn’t a fault But a compensation. For some it’s going to be to fire the right and dump the trail side shallow but for most it’s what you do because it feels powerful is to move the throw the right shoulder and hip at the ball and  come over the top. This causes the standing up and late shallow to be able to hit the ball.

The inside take is probably made worse by what looks like a weak left hand and strong right hand. A face on view would help tell that.

A more neutral grip, learning proper setup, setting the wrist earlier and how to properly shift and turn the hips are all things that need to be addressed.

That’s good advice, @RickyBobby_PRCan you upload a video of yourself demonstrating a proper turn and swing, so that our members have a better understanding what that looks like? Thanks in advance!

WITB:

D: :taylormade-small: QI-10 core 9* Ventus Blue TR Velocore 6x

3w: :taylormade-small: Brnr mini driver 13.5 S

3h: :ping-small: G430 19° Tour 2/Stiff

7W: :callaway-small: 21° Rogue ST Max LinQ 7X

5i-6i:  :srixon-small: ZX5 MKII Project X 6.0

7i-PW: :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII Project X 6.0

50°, 54° & 58°:   :ping-small: Glide Forged Pro

P:   :odyssey-small: White Hot Versa DW

Ball:  :bridgestone-small: Tour BX mindset

Bag:  Ghost MGS Anyday 14 way

"And so, we beat on, boats against the current, borne ceaselessly into the past." - Fitzgerald

” The woods are lovely, dark and deep,   

But I have promises to keep,   

And miles to go before I sleep,   

And miles to go before I sleep. - Frost

"That you are here—that life exists and identity,

That the powerful play goes on, and you may contribute a verse." - Whitman

1 hour ago, BringerofRain said:

I appreciate the through analysis from my quick video. Any suggestions or drills to work on next time I am at the range 

My recommendation is to find an instructor to work with either in person or online. It’s going to make things easier and faster to inprove, but if you want to go about solo I’ll link a bunch of videos.

here’s a grip video

here’s a takeaway drill 

Here’s a backswing drill

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

12 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

My recommendation is to find an instructor to work with either in person or online. It’s going to make things easier and faster to inprove, but if you want to go about solo I’ll link a bunch of videos.

here’s a grip video

here’s a takeaway drill 

Here’s a backswing drill

Thank you for the videos. I however have watched thousands of videos (small exaggeration) and with your in depth analysis I would like guidance specifically from you. 

I am aware getting a lesson or coach would obviously help but was looking for a drill you could provide to help with a small change. 

as @GolfSpy_BENindicated above, if you could submit a swing video of yourself talking me through it that would be awesome. 

Everyone stinks, yes even the pros. Have fun 

Good opportunity for alot of members to learn from.  Thanks for sharing your video!

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

25 minutes ago, Rob Person said:

Good opportunity for alot of members to learn from.  Thanks for sharing your video!

I fully 2nd this. Great topic. 

WITB

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Qi10 Max

Hybrid: 🐏 FX Max 5h

5i-9i: 🐏 FX Max 10

Wedges: :titleist-small: 48°, 52°, 56°

Putter:  :cleveland-small: HB Soft 14

Ball: :odin: