Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Arccos: Is anyone using the caddy feature? Ideas to make more useful

I’m a bogey player. The caddy’s recommendation try to get me to par, so always driver off the tee and/or long approaches. I think it would be more useful if we could set a target score fore the round and let the AI do some magic across the complete course, based on my goal.

another useful feature would be to “save” a game plan. Use the caddy to plan your round at home, then save the strategy, maybe some notes (The Grint has this), then pull them in round.

Thoughts?

Edited by Drive2Survive
Added tech name to topic

ZX5 MK II DR | STZ230 32 | JPX850 3H 4H | MP18 6i-PW | JPX 919HM GW | S18 55 | SM8 60 | Phantom X11.5 | Q-Star Tour

13 minutes ago, Drive2Survive said:

I’m a bogey player. The caddy’s recommendation try to get me to par, so always driver off the tee and/or long approaches. I think it would be more useful if we could set a target score fore the round and let the AI do some magic across the complete course, based on my goal.

another useful feature would be to “save” a game plan. Use the caddy to plan your round at home, then save the strategy, maybe some notes (The Grint has this), then pull them in round.

Thoughts?

Are you talking about an App? Which one?

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth2

3W: :taylormade-small: Stealth2

4H: :taylormade-small: Stealth 2

Irons 4I-9I:  :titleist-small: T200

Wedges P, 48: :titleist-small: T200

Wedges 54, 58: :titleist-small: Vokey SM9

Putter:  :odyssey-small: O Works #1 Black

• Drive2Survive changed the title to Arccos: Is anyone using the caddy feature? Ideas to make more useful

I ditched arccos for... Reasons... The caddy feature I didn't mind but ultimately found a range finder to give me just as much benefit. 

Maybe the most useful feature within it was the ability to view the course prior to playing. However that still lacked elevation so I even found that to be less useful over time.

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

I played Arrcos for a season, and have also tried Garmin CT10. I’m now using ShotScope. Each has its own variation of a caddy feature but I’ve never found it helpful. I primarily use the data for keeping score and distance estimates. But to get good estimates I also have to scrub the data to take out positional shots etc. 

I think there’s enough data out there that justifies driver off the tee to maximize your chances for GIR. So that makes sense to me. But I really focus on my own course management in terms of approaching a lower overall score. 

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth2

3W: :taylormade-small: Stealth2

4H: :taylormade-small: Stealth 2

Irons 4I-9I:  :titleist-small: T200

Wedges P, 48: :titleist-small: T200

Wedges 54, 58: :titleist-small: Vokey SM9

Putter:  :odyssey-small: O Works #1 Black

I liked the caddy feature for pre round stuff and range work. I have a PRGR so I would go to the range and try and play a round using the PRGR ranges and the Caddy recommended clubs. Made it easy to switch between clubs without it being mindless.

Ian Lydon

Driver: Callaway Rogue 9.5

3W: Cobra LTDx

3H: Callaway XR 16 Pro

Irons: Titleist T100 (2023) PW-6, Titleist T200 (2023) 5-4

Wedges: Sub 70 (52 and 58 Tester)

Putter: Ping Anser G2

Lol their caddy feature is busted. I played 6100 yard course and it never recommended driver once. Not on par 5s I could reach in two (hit two 5i), the 2 400+ yard par 4s...tee of with a hybrid. dumb AF

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

1 hour ago, DiscipleofPenick said:

Lol their caddy feature is busted. I played 6100 yard course and it never recommended driver once. Not on par 5s I could reach in two (hit two 5i), the 2 400+ yard par 4s...tee of with a hybrid. dumb AF

My experience is that it picks what you are statistically more accurate with, but offers a couple of alternate strategies for each par 4/5 hole. As I’ve become more accurate with the driver, it has started recommending I take driver as most likely to get close to par. But it took a while to build up enough data for it to get close to how I would think of playing each hole. It’s all about the data it has from you, so for me and how I play, I understand why it doesn’t encourage me to go for the green in 2 on par 5s if my mid irons are more accurate and consistent than my 3 or 7 wood. 

Edited by Indy_Oz
Typos

2024 WITB:

:ping-small: G430 LST 9* (set at 10*) w. Mitsubishi Kai'Li White 60X

:titleist-small:TSR2 15* w. Mitsubishi Tensei White 75X

:taylormade-small:Stealth+ 3H (@18.5* flat) w. :projectx: Hzrdus Smoke RDX Red 80/6.5

:callaway-small:Rogue ST Max 21* 7-wood w. Mitsubishi Tensei Blue stiff/ or/ :taylormade-small:Stealth2+ 4H (@22* flat) w.Mitsubishi Kai'Li White 80X

:taylormade-small:Irons: 5i-9i: '19 P790; P- '23 P7MC w. :kbs: Tour C-Taper Lite 115X

:taylormade-small:Wedges 50/09 MG3; 56/12 MG3TW; 60/11 MG2TW

Putter- :odyssey-small: Toulon Design Memphis, 2019 model [Backup: Sik DW C 2.0]

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5x/ TP5xPix -or- :callaway-small: Chrome Tour [see ball test link below] (also testing :bridgestone-small: Tour BX Mindset)

Other: :Arccos:. Gogogo Sport V-Pro rangefinder. :taylormade-small: Select Plus stand bag. :BagBoy: Nitron push cart.

I generally find AI Caddy recommends driver even on holes where there is water if you hit it too far or the fairway narrows dramatically.  So not sure how good it is.  That being said I find it shows pre round what the course looks like and where you can hit it to keep in play and what it leaves you.  So while the AI caddy recommendations are iffy it’s still a good tool.

:titelist-small:  TSR 3   9.0  GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:titelist-small:  TSi 3  15.0 GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:titelist-small: TS3  21 Hybrid Tensei AV Blue 65 HY Stiff

:titelist-small: U-510 19 Utility Iron HZDUS Smoke Black 6.0 Stiff

:Takomo:  5-PW 101T Irons - KBS Tour Lite Stiff - Official Tester 2023

:vokey-small: Vokey SM9 52 F - 12 Nippon NS Pro 950 Stiff

:vokey-small: Vokey Forged 56 M - 10  DG S200

:taylormade-small: MG3 60 - 12 NS Modus3 Tour 105 Stiff

image.gif.2bc8a27613a423a3721fd3b955802132.gif  Scotty Special Select - Squareback 2 - 35”  / Super Stroke Slim 3.0

:srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

:titelist-small: Players 4 bag  image.png.939559f85230fe16347ecf2765438915.png    :redrooster:

:Arccos: Official Tester - 2021 & Loyal MCC Plus 4 Sensor User