Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Hi everyone, 

I recently commented on another thread and thought it may be a good idea to start a new one specific to practice games/drills etc. My focus tends to be on working with my own kids and players. 

Here are a couple of putting games that I like to do with my kids. 

3, 10 putt rounds each of 3',4'.....8'  The most makes each round wins a quarter. The overall winner of the 3 rounds gets a dollar. Ties are pushed. It is fun and adds a lot pressure. My 3 girls get into some heated battles!

Horse: I place alignment stick in the green at 3' intervals and then slide a pool noodle over the stick. I generally make 4 -5 three foot spaces. Starting at 6' from the first noodle, the kids call their space. Standard "HORSE" rules apply.

Wagon wheel:  We set up tees in a 4' -6' circle around a hole. Player 1 attempts the first putt. If they make it they get to keep going. (Go till you miss.) If you miss you must make the comebacker to stay in your spot. If you 3 putt, you move back. It is now the next person's turn.  The first person to complete the circle wins.

Driver: Tour Edge Exotics EXS 9.5 degree (S flex Mitsubishi Tensi Blue)

Fairway: Tour Edge Exotics EXS 15 degree (S flex Mitsubishi Tensi Blue)

Hybrid: Tour Edge Exotics EXS 3i (S flex Mitsubishi Tensi Blue)

Irons: Callaway X Hot Pro 4 - AW (Rifle 6.0)

Wedges: Ben Hogan 54, 58 (DG S300)

Dr. Jeckyll and Mr. Hyde White Hot Pro #9 (Golf pride tour SNSR)

• 1 month later...

A great spot to find new drills/practice games is golfinsideruk.com. The staff on Golf Insider have incredible articles regarding practice plans and tips for all facets of the game and even more technical articles if that suits you. I highly recommend checking out their article on Long Game practice as it helps me from just lazily hitting balls at the range and helps me improve even when I don't have a ton of time in the day!

Edited by JMorad23

Driver: TaylorMade SIM2

3 Wood: Srixon MkII

Irons: Srixon Zx5 MkII

Wedges: Vokey 52F, TaylorMade MG, Vokey 60S

Putter: Odyssey O-Works Black #1

One fun game that I have used a lot to help with my short game is called Par 3.  I pick a spot anywhere around a practice green and choose a hole and then try to make it within 3 strokes. I practice from 9 different spots and pretend its a quick round of golf. 

Driver: Ping G425 Max driver with Atlas Stiff shaft

Woods: Mizuno JPX 5 wood

hybrid: Ping G410 

Irons: Ping G425 black dot 

Wedges: Clevland RTX 6 50, 54, 60

Putter: Ping Anser 2 

58 minutes ago, Tmitchell1 said:

One fun game that I have used a lot to help with my short game is called Par 3.  I pick a spot anywhere around a practice green and choose a hole and then try to make it within 3 strokes. I practice from 9 different spots and pretend its a quick round of golf. 

why 3 and not 2?   short game around the green is usually the result of a missed green and you want to get up and down.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG