Unofficial tour bx mindset review

jbsap

I got the tour bx in the second round of sampling opportunities a few weeks back. The following are my thoughts about the ball. 

I game a left dash currently. I am a high speed, high launch, high spin player so I know pretty quickly if a ball just isn’t going to work for me. My first experience with the bx was on the chipping green. I found a similar performance with the bx to the left dash for me, albeit I am relatively inconsistent when chipping onto the green. The feel was different, I can’t say it was better or worse, just different. 

The next time out with the bx was specifically on the putting green. I believe that this testing opportunity was geared specifically towards the mindset technology, and not necessarily the ball. The ball felt fine putting, I did notice that my left dash tended to roll out a little further for me, but it was negligible. As for the mindset tech: I love the concept, the logo does not look bad to me, however I do find it a bit busy. 

On course, the ball is as advertised. It flies high, didn’t spin too much on an average strike, and went far. This is ultimately where I decided that the left dash was superior to me, only because of the feel. Again, not better or worse per se, just different. The left dash admittedly is tough to beat for me because when I hit a center strike, I can’t tell that I’m hitting a left dash. The Bridgestone I can’t say that for, as the sound and feel is just distinctly different even when struck pure. Not a knock on the ball itself, just my preference.

my big takeaway, I love the idea of mindset. I think the psychology in it is spot on. I just find the visual on the ball to be too busy for me. However, I have adapted the principal of it in my putting, and have since found myself closer to the hole more often. 
if anyone is interested, my alignment aid of choice is the same concept as triple track, however I use the stock alignment line, and 4 dots in the locations of the beginning and end of the two outer lines. It gives me a triple track effect, without the business of three full lines. 

D=Titleist GT2 - Hzrdus Black Gen 5 70 6.5, tipped 1/2 inch, 44.5 playing length
Mini Driver - Taylormade Brnr Mini 11.5, higher setting, ventus black tr 7x.
Ping g430 3 hybrid - ventus black hy 10x.
4-5 =Titleist T100 - Modus 120X - 2 Deg. Flat (D6)
6-P =Titleist 620CB - Modus 120x - 2 Deg. Flat, 1 Deg. Strong (D6)
50/54 =Callaway Jaws Raw - Modus 120X 2 Deg. Flat (D6, D7)
58= Callaway Jaws Raw Full Toe - Modus 120s - 2 Deg. Flat (D7)
Putter - Taylormade Spider Ghost (2024) 
Ball - Titleist ProV1X Left Dash
Bag - Vessel Players 3 Carbon Navy

Nice write up. Would you consider this a close contender with the left dash?

I found the greenside characteristics to be very good on the XS!  My swing speed is not fast enough to have the X and XS perform well for me.

WITB-

Driver  -Titleist 910D, 3w- Titleist 910F, 5hy/7hy- Titleist 910H, 6-PW - Stix , 52⁰, 56⁰, 60⁰ - Stix , Putter- AI-ONE DB / Lombardi Tour 34 custom

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.