Best Golf Schools or Instructors

There are a ton of golf schools and instructors out there such as the Pelz Golf short game program and PGA recommended instructors.  But what are the best schools or instructors that you would recommend for the average golfer who wants to improve their game at a reasonable cost?

Retired Admiral, Sailing Skipper, Avid Golfer

A596A47D-07ED-4D59-B890-2053D6903A9C.jpeg

While some like golf schools or golf clinics and there are some good ones it wouldn’t be my choice to improve. I prefer dedicated time and want full attention on my swing and what is being proposed to change.

With that said the best golf school imo are the ones from Martin Chuck, if Eric Cogorno offers them annd Andrew Rice.

multi day clinics i would go with Martin Chuck, Monte Scheinblum and Eric Cogonro if he still does them periodically.

Best instructors whether online or in person can be somewhat hard as personality and approach may not work for everyone. I am not familiar with any pros in/around Philly. So only going to give my online recommendations.

These will have instructors in multiple price ranges and not in any particular order after the first two.

Monte Scheinblum 

Dan Carraher

Alex Riggs

Shauheen Nakhjavani

TJ Yeaton

Dana Dahlquist

Eric Cogornos and/or his membership site 

Jake Hutt if he’s still doing lessons in skillest

Thanks for the detailed recommendations.  While I agree that dedicated practice is essential, there comes a time when you need a fresh set of eyes such that you don't continue to reinforce bad habits. 

Retired Admiral, Sailing Skipper, Avid Golfer

A596A47D-07ED-4D59-B890-2053D6903A9C.jpeg

12 minutes ago, Ceccapt said:

Thanks for the detailed recommendations.  While I agree that dedicated practice is essential, there comes a time when you need a fresh set of eyes such that you don't continue to reinforce bad habits. 

The dedicated time I was referring to is from the instructor while I’m there. You don’t get as much in a good school or clinic as you do from a 1 on 1 lesson. I agree it’s best to have a set of eyes on the swing to ensure not creating bad habits and to be able to have periodic check ins with the instructor to ensure you are doing the drills correctly.

I can also recommend Monte Scheinblum - I've been to his in person clinics four years in a row and have gotten a LOT out of them!!

He is comfortable teaching golfers of any level .. I call myself an average bogey recreational golfer .. and I've seen both lesser skilled and more skilled players vs me at his clinics. 

The group sizes are 8 to 10 so there is plenty of time for plenty of one on one with him. He also does video / online coaching.

He runs the clinics all around the country - check rebelliongolf.com for more info.

WITB of an "aspiring"   play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Max (
Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue 45/A*)
3W...Callaway Bertha Mini 1.5 (ProForce V2 HL 5F3)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha '19 (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
SW, LW...Mizuno ES21 54-08, 60-06 (KBS Hi Rev 2.0)
Putter...
MLA Tour XDream or EvnRoll ER5
...all in a Bag Boy hybrid bag on an MGI Zip Navigator.
..ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour/Tour S. Or a found Pro V1/x.

* (current) Forum tester for the Newton Motion driver shaft (2024)
Forum tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)
Other tests: MLA putter; Cleveland Hi Bore driver; Ben Hogan hybrids.

20231223_133657.jpg.960669f48157ee1fbafde043ef7f132a.jpg

For Sale in Classifieds: SkyTrak home launch monitor in excellent condition

@Ceccapt I went to a four (or maybe five) day golf school at John Jacobs in Arizona. Personally, I think that if you can get into a completely immersive experience for a few days you gain so much more than weekly lessons etc.  I had a great time, learned a lot from different instructors, and covered each area I’d the game. Classes were held in the morning, and we could play the course in the afternoon if we wanted to. 

I’ve also heard people like going to GolfTec but haven’t done this one myself. 

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth2

3W: :taylormade-small: Stealth2

4H: :taylormade-small: Stealth 2

Irons 4I-9I:  :titleist-small: T200

Wedges P, 48: :titleist-small: T200

Wedges 54, 58: :titleist-small: Vokey SM9

Putter:  :odyssey-small: O Works #1 Black

Look up ShortGameChef. He teaches a more Mike Bender style short game that simplifies the move and helps with consistency. I think he runs $100 for a move subscription. I did it for just a month and it has enough information to fix any short game yips I had. He runs it on discord now I think. 

Driver:   Srixon ZX7 w/GD Tour VR X 60g w/ Midsize ZCord

5W: TM Rocketballz RBZ with kai'li White X 60g w/ White VTC Cords

3-6 : PING iBlades DG X100 w/ White VTC Cords

7-PW: PING Blueprints DG X100 w/ White VTC Cords 

Wedges: TM MG3 52, 56, 58 DG S300 w/ White VTC Cords

Putter: Scotty Cameron Del-Mar 35" w/ Dancing Scotty Golf Pride Grip