Rapsodo MLM2Pro - 2024 Forum Review

A little later than I hoped but I took the Rapsodo out to the range on Thursday night to give it a test out in the wild instead of the friendly confines of my yard.

Unfortunately I did not know that the range I go to made some adjustments so now the matted area that they have you use most of the time is now raised from the area behind. This made getting things lined up tricky and I needed to use the case of the Rapsodo and my Stack System weights to rigs things up to help line it all up. This led to the device leaning back a bit so it inflated some numbers it felt like.

Overall though seeing the flight matched the what Rapsodo was putting out there, though there was one big exception. I had one shot that was a bit of a toe hook, but Rapsodo thought it stayed out straight to the right I had a video of the shot, but it does not seem to want to load this morning. But, otherwise no major issues. The device was easy to set up on the range and got set up easily and worked without any connection issues through out.

The only other minor data concern is that it seemed to underestimate the driver numbers as I could not get carry much past 245 even when I caught one with 157 ball speed, which I would expect to get closer to 260 to 245 in carry, and I was able to get my 5W very close to Driver carry. Of course I could be over inflating what I think I should get out of the driver.

IMG_3179.jpg

IMG_3181.jpg

Edited by ejgaudette

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

2 hours ago, ejgaudette said:

A little later than I hoped but I took the Rapsodo out to the range on Thursday night to give it a test out in the wild instead of the friendly confines of my yard.

Unfortunately I did not know that the range I go to made some adjustments so now the matted area that they have you use most of the time is now raised from the area behind. This made getting things lined up tricky and I needed to use the case of the Rapsodo and my Stack System weights to rigs things up to help line it all up. This led to the device leaning back a bit so it inflated some numbers it felt like.

Overall though seeing the flight matched the what Rapsodo was putting out there, though there was one big exception. I had one shot that was a bit of a toe hook, but Rapsodo thought it stayed out straight to the right I had a video of the shot, but it does not seem to want to load this morning. But, otherwise no major issues. The device was easy to set up on the range and got set up easily and worked without any connection issues through out.

The only other minor data concern is that it seemed to underestimate the driver numbers as I could not get carry much past 245 even when I caught one with 157 ball speed, which I would expect to get closer to 260 to 245 in carry, and I was able to get my 5W very close to Driver carry. Of course I could be over inflating what I think I should get out of the driver.

IMG_3179.jpg

IMG_3181.jpg

Great post

🙃

Took a picture of the range I typically go to…

IMG_5377.jpeg.f13152479ed65a8cfa69ded004748006.jpeg

You can see that the grass is lower than the mat and the dirt area is a depression that exists behind almost all of the mats.

This drive the need for the stand/leveling base.

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Driver

TaylorMade Stealth 3 wood

Titleist U510 Hybrid (3H)

TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Irons

Vokey SM8 Wedges (52/56/60)

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

4 minutes ago, TJ Hall said:

I know where that range is located 🙂

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Paradym AI Smoke Max HL  16.5* w/MCA TENSEI AV Series Blue
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   more-golf-logo.png Render w/VA Composites Baddazz 

Backup Putters:  Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe,  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

12 minutes ago, cnosil said:

I know where that range is located 🙂

It’s convenient and not expensive…unfortunately the balls are crap!

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

32 minutes ago, TJ Hall said:

It’s convenient and not expensive…unfortunately the balls are crap!

I was thinking of Purchasing a leveling base.  Maybe you could get away with just a 5” square x 1” thick board just to get it level with the mat.  

Edited by Fiveslow

Phantom 5.5 

Stealth 9* w/ Ventus Black 7X

Stealth 2 Plus 3W w/ Hzrdus Green

TM Sim2 19* w/ Hzrdus RDX Black

P770 Irons w/ KBS 120 tour S

Vokey wedges (50*, 56*, 60*)

25 minutes ago, Fiveslow said:

I was thinking of Purchasing a leveling base.  Maybe you could get away with just a 5” square x 1” thick board just to get it level with the mat.  

That’s what I did the first time at home, just had a scrap piece of wood around that was about the same height as the mat.

The problem I had at the range was one leg was on grass and the others were in the dirt, meaning the unit wanted to lean over.  A wood piece would make it level with the mat but wouldn’t help much with the uneven terrain.

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

6 hours ago, TJ Hall said:

That’s what I did the first time at home, just had a scrap piece of wood around that was about the same height as the mat.

The problem I had at the range was one leg was on grass and the others were in the dirt, meaning the unit wanted to lean over.  A wood piece would make it level with the mat but wouldn’t help much with the uneven terrain.

I’m guessing im gonna have to purchase the leveling base.  My setup is on a perfectly level paver block patio..but the mat is about .5” thick.   Today i made the mlm2 level using a piece of wood, but i really didn’t notice any differences in the numbers. 

Phantom 5.5 

Question for current testers…..i am just discovering that in “range” mode as you select which club you are using the Rapsodo adjusts its camera view.
  For example, when i hit a 7i I can see both of my hands and my club head during my  backswing.  But when I select and use my driver, i cant even see my backhand. The camera noticeably zooms in exposing much more background with the smaller club selection.
   Anyone else having this issue.  It took me 2 months to notice this.  
** i do have “left handed” selected under “settings”. 

Edited by Fiveslow

Phantom 5.5 

8 hours ago, Fiveslow said:

Question for current testers…..i am just discovering that in “range” mode as you select which club you are using the Rapsodo adjusts its camera view.
  For example, when i hit a 7i I can see both of my hands and my club head during my  backswing.  But when I select and use my driver, i cant even see my backhand. The camera noticeably zooms in exposing much more background with the smaller club selection.

It might be a bug. Worth dropping them an email.

If you go into R-Cloud and export the videos, is the zoom level different?

Ping G430 Max 10K (10.5º) Review Post - Ping G425 Max 3W (14.5º) - Ping G425 Max 5W (18.5º)  -  Ping G425 Max 4 Hybrid - Ping G430 Max 9W - Ping i230 6-UW - s159 54º (S-grind) and 58º (B-grind) - LAB Golf DF3

15 hours ago, Fiveslow said:

Interesting, I haven’t noticed that.  I’ll try and take a look at that this week.

🙃

16 hours ago, Fiveslow said:

Went back and looked at some of my videos, I can see my entire swing for all clubs (no difference between a wedges to the driver).

Edited by TJ Hall

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

43 minutes ago, Owengeorge13 said:

After playing yesterday, I’ve found I don’t really know my pitching distances .  I’m going to spend this week really dialing in practicing ce rounds with some pitching.

IMG_4206.jpeg

It’s funny you mention this, I had very similar thoughts after playing today.

While I “can” hit the ball much farther, today focused on taking more club and an easier swing, hit all greens on the front nine.

Will say this…as much as I’ve complained or had issues with distance on here, the distances here actually align with what I was seeing today.

Might be a pride thing in me thinking I actually hit the ball farther!

Went back and reviewed some videos and it helped with my swing today.

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

11 hours ago, Rearviewmirror said:

It might be a bug. Worth dropping them an email.

If you go into R-Cloud and export the videos, is the zoom level different?

Good idea..I just exported a driver video. It DID show my hands and club head.  Club head only got cut off as I was half way back.  So, much improved by exporting.  
   For reference I have been using an ipad and it cuts off my hands.  Today i viewed it from my phone and exported it viewing it on my iphone and that is where I saw the improvement. 

Phantom 5.5 

Hope you all don't mind my butting in here. Due to your input. I'm highly likely to purchase one of these.

I do want to add. The educational section of their website. Has some great info. Many videos talking about different values. How they are subjective and to be taken accordingly.

To be candid.... I would rather walk a field with a good Bird Dog, than to walk a golf course with people. Only problem is, I can't walk.

41 minutes ago, Old New Golfer said:

Hope you all don't mind my butting in here. Due to your input. I'm highly likely to purchase one of these.

I do want to add. The educational section of their website. Has some great info. Many videos talking about different values. How they are subjective and to be taken accordingly.

You won’t be disappointed.  It’s a great launch monitor.  

🙃

1 hour ago, Old New Golfer said:

37 minutes ago, Owengeorge13 said:

You won’t be disappointed.  It’s a great launch monitor.  

I agree with @Owengeorge13 here…there are many features and data provided with the Rapsodo.  Have had my 2 best rounds of the year after this test has started, being able to view the data, video playback and shot shape while practicing at home has been fantastic!

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

13 minutes ago, TJ Hall said:

I agree with @Owengeorge13 here…there are many features and data provided with the Rapsodo.  Have had my 2 best rounds of the year after this test has started, being able to view the data, video playback and shot shape while practicing at home has been fantastic!

I pulled the trigger. Bought one. Will be a big big plus practicing at home. Thank You All for your input.

To be candid.... I would rather walk a field with a good Bird Dog, than to walk a golf course with people. Only problem is, I can't walk.

4 minutes ago, Old New Golfer said:

I pulled the trigger. Bought one. Will be a big big plus practicing at home. Thank You All for your input.

Awesome!  Let us know your thoughts when it arrives!

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

10 hours ago, Old New Golfer said:

Love hearing this I am sure you are going to love this!

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

On 9/7/2024 at 2:58 PM, TJ Hall said:

You can see that the grass is lower than the mat and the dirt area is a depression that exists behind almost all of the mats.

This drive the need for the stand/leveling base.

I agree with you if I use this more at the range, I will need to get one of those to get any consistent  numbers from the range, given what I am seeing.

18 hours ago, Owengeorge13 said:

After playing yesterday, I’ve found I don’t really know my pitching distances .  I’m going to spend this week really dialing in distances with some pitching.

IMG_4206.jpeg

I think this is something that I will be working on this week as well to help get everything dialed in. It really is such a big part of the game and can really save strokes. Getting dialed in from that short range can mean a punch out to 50 yards can still be a par instead of feeling like an automatic bogey. Of course still might only get up and down occasionally but if you get really good then should be saving par more than making double.

7 minutes ago, ejgaudette said:

I agree with you if I use this more at the range, I will need to get one of those to get any consistent  numbers from the range, given what I am seeing.

I think this is something that I will be working on this week as well to help get everything dialed in. It really is such a big part of the game and can really save strokes. Getting dialed in from that short range can mean a punch out to 50 yards can still be a par instead of feeling like an automatic bogey. Of course still might only get up and down occasionally but if you get really good then should be saving par more than making double.

Being able to understand club distances and hit a ball pin high (or to whatever distance is needed) is amazing.  Kept myself out of trouble on approach shots having this knowledge.

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

Practice session today.  
pitching with SW 54 degree, PW, 9i.

IMG_4217.jpeg.8b49221612792d5c38a93bd2f0d04b1f.jpeg

i also had a awesome range session while wearing my Prosendr.  Started with 7i.  Making some great compressing contact with 80% swings, practicing not flipping the club at impact.IMG_4218.jpeg.0c70f56462f9fe39d32287efcd2f3122.jpeg

Once again, just an all around great product.  Easy setup, easy take down.  I’m not going to be able to play a round this weekend, but I will be able to use the MLM2 both sat/sun.  I plan on playing the round @TJ Hallsuggested.  I’m going up to VT again the following weekend.  I’ll be making sure to play a virtual round there again this weekend.

🙃

I recently joined the ranks of those of you testing this thing - what a cool, cool piece of tech! 

Took it out to my net on my lunch break today and "played" the course I'm playing on Friday, just to reacquaint myself with the course.  Such a cool feature to be able to remember (or get to know if you've not played it) a course before a round.  

I'm still learning a bunch about camera placement and such.  After the first 7 or so holes I realized it was aimed left of my literal target (on the net, there's a HUGE target, lol, and I apparently had the camera aimed to the left side of it, so every shot that hit the middle of the target was heading right), so that adjustment helped (some, lol).  I notice that the wedge shots seem to have a propensity for going significantly further than they do in real life.  For instance, I have a stock 50-yard shot that I hit with my 56 - it's like a 1/2 swing, clip the ball, and it travels almost exactly 50 yards on-course.  EVERY time I hit that shot, it flew 55 and rolled to 65, so I missed a bunch of greens.  And the 10-20 yard chips took me the whole round to try and figure out, since I had to think in my head "hit it 5 yards" and then it worked pretty well.  But overall, a REALLY cool thing. I played the course I'm playing on Friday, and shot an 80 (though, to be fair, I did take a few mulligans on the first few chips because I couldn't understand what was happening).  I also found that, after adjusting the camera, I had to physically change my aim point on the app to be right-side of where I wanted to hit it - not that I was hitting a draw, but it was just registering everything as left - I'm guessing that's just going to be a reality until I really figure out the best place to put the camera.  But overall, a really fun lunch break. 

I just now realized that I must have overcompensated in re-aligning the camera, so first everything was WAY too right, and then everything too left (but only slightly).  I figure at some point I'll mark a little chalk outline or something and that way it'll be perfectly clear where to put it and I won't have to mess with it each and every time out. 

What's everyone's take so far on the shorter clubs?  Do you find that it translates to on-course, or not so much?  I'm VERY confident in my 50/75/100 shots, and the 100 shot was almost dead-on, but the 50/75 seemed to struggle a bit, and I'm not sure I want any video of me trying to play those nasty 10-20 yard shots (which I normally like quite a bit on-course).  🙂

Excited to dive deep into what you all have found in your testing!

Driver - Callaway Ai Smoke Max - 9* - Draw setting; Maltby UL (Otto Phlex)
5/7 Wood - Takomo Ignis
Utility - Caley X01 Driving Iron (3 = 18*) (currently benched)
Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T
Wedges (48, 52, 56, 60) - Indi Wedges FLX 48 / ATK 52, 56, 60
Putter - L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 - 65*/DF3 65*
Ball - Chrome Tour Triple-Track

I really like how many courses are available on this unit.  I'm fortunate enought to be able to play pretty much year round but for those that can't and having access to the courses is a great benefit. 

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

37 minutes ago, GolfSpy SAM said:

I recently joined the ranks of those of you testing this thing - what a cool, cool piece of tech! 

Took it out to my net on my lunch break today and "played" the course I'm playing on Friday, just to reacquaint myself with the course.  Such a cool feature to be able to remember (or get to know if you've not played it) a course before a round.  

I'm still learning a bunch about camera placement and such.  After the first 7 or so holes I realized it was aimed left of my literal target (on the net, there's a HUGE target, lol, and I apparently had the camera aimed to the left side of it, so every shot that hit the middle of the target was heading right), so that adjustment helped (some, lol).  I notice that the wedge shots seem to have a propensity for going significantly further than they do in real life.  For instance, I have a stock 50-yard shot that I hit with my 56 - it's like a 1/2 swing, clip the ball, and it travels almost exactly 50 yards on-course.  EVERY time I hit that shot, it flew 55 and rolled to 65, so I missed a bunch of greens.  And the 10-20 yard chips took me the whole round to try and figure out, since I had to think in my head "hit it 5 yards" and then it worked pretty well.  But overall, a REALLY cool thing. I played the course I'm playing on Friday, and shot an 80 (though, to be fair, I did take a few mulligans on the first few chips because I couldn't understand what was happening).  I also found that, after adjusting the camera, I had to physically change my aim point on the app to be right-side of where I wanted to hit it - not that I was hitting a draw, but it was just registering everything as left - I'm guessing that's just going to be a reality until I really figure out the best place to put the camera.  But overall, a really fun lunch break. 

I just now realized that I must have overcompensated in re-aligning the camera, so first everything was WAY too right, and then everything too left (but only slightly).  I figure at some point I'll mark a little chalk outline or something and that way it'll be perfectly clear where to put it and I won't have to mess with it each and every time out. 

What's everyone's take so far on the shorter clubs?  Do you find that it translates to on-course, or not so much?  I'm VERY confident in my 50/75/100 shots, and the 100 shot was almost dead-on, but the 50/75 seemed to struggle a bit, and I'm not sure I want any video of me trying to play those nasty 10-20 yard shots (which I normally like quite a bit on-course).  🙂

Welcome to the Rapsodo test @GolfSpy SAM!

I think I’m the opposite of what you are seeing…feel very confident in the shorter distances, but feel the longer clubs are a bit short.  Out at the range, the distances seemed more accurate.

I find I struggle a bit with alignment when hitting into a net, but this is also the first time doing this for me, so I think it is a me problem.

Overall, really enjoying this test.  This is a fun little device.  I have never really been one to practice much, but with the Rapsodo I really want to practice.  This week has been tough with kid activities in the evenings, and I miss practicing!

Try catching one off the toe and watch the impact video…it is quite humbling!

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

1 hour ago, TJ Hall said:

Welcome to the Rapsodo test @GolfSpy SAM!

I think I’m the opposite of what you are seeing…feel very confident in the shorter distances, but feel the longer clubs are a bit short.  Out at the range, the distances seemed more accurate.

I find I struggle a bit with alignment when hitting into a net, but this is also the first time doing this for me, so I think it is a me problem.

Overall, really enjoying this test.  This is a fun little device.  I have never really been one to practice much, but with the Rapsodo I really want to practice.  This week has been tough with kid activities in the evenings, and I miss practicing!

Try catching one off the toe and watch the impact video…it is quite humbling!

I've never. Ever. Hit one off the toe. 

How dare you?!?

Driver - Callaway Ai Smoke Max - 9* - Draw setting; Maltby UL (Otto Phlex)
5/7 Wood - Takomo Ignis
Utility - Caley X01 Driving Iron (3 = 18*) (currently benched)
Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T
Wedges (48, 52, 56, 60) - Indi Wedges FLX 48 / ATK 52, 56, 60
Putter - L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 - 65*/DF3 65*
Ball - Chrome Tour Triple-Track

10 hours ago, GolfSpy SAM said:

I have been seeing the same thing with shorter shots. I have hit my sand wedge full and it went like 115 when that is for sure my 100 yard club. So I am feeling that too. I am going to start working on a wedge matrix that I expect to be bit long and I will play from 5 to 10 yards closer once I build it until I dial those distances in. It gets a bit better as I go longer and that one SW might have been a misread, but it is something I am monitoring to be sure.

8 hours ago, GolfSpy SAM said:

I've never. Ever. Hit one off the toe. 

How dare you?!?

I don’t either, it was for the sole purpose of the test…needed to see how well the impact vision worked.

Hopefully you all believed that!!!

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter