Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

DW Quail Golf Mat Review

skihippy

DW Quail Golf Hitting Mat Review

Break Down

To all my other spyers I am writing this to let you know about a product that could help your game.

The reason for me looking at purchasing this item was to help with my ball striking and to help with hitting the ball flush on the face. With this product I also use impact tape to ensure that I am not catching the ball fat or thin. I tend to believe that we all can feel a fat shot on hitting mats but most of the time if I am a two grooves fat I can't really tell and that is the point behind the impact tape. Now the big reason that I decided to take up half of my garage, right now I am 31 and have aspirations of when I turn 50 to be on the Champions tour. I know that is a big dream for a boy from WV but I can't think of a better way to retire.

So since you know that background here is the review....

Cost (and what's included)

I purchased the golf mat from the dwquailgolf.com website and it came with:

4x5 golf mat

3 David Pelz rubber hitting tee's

1 golf ball tray

And impact tape

All of this for $84

They also have free shipping right now. I can't remember if they did when I bought it or not because I wanted to hit at least 500-600 balls off this mat before I could give it a review.

Shipping

DWquailgolf did a good job with shipping it only took them two days to get it cut and sent to me. When I received the box it was packed nicely and all the extra goodies was set in the middle of the mat which was rolled in box. I know your first thought "Now he has a mat that won't lay flat" trust me this is what I thought too. But I was wrong, I got the mat out and laid it on my deck and within 5 minutes it was laying perfectly flat.

Durability

Now as I stated previously I waited to write this review so I could hit 500-600 shots off of it to see how durable it will be in the long run. Now think about the hitting mats at the local driving range you can see where players have worn them down to nothing (at least that is how they are here) even when my local range put in some new mats that where supposed to be more like grass after about two weeks they where hit down to nothing and I still had to come home and clean my clubs due to all the green nylon left all over them. I was very impressed to say this NOT with this mat. I have hit all these shot's with the mat and not one blemish green spec has ever been on my club and it's not showing any wear.

So for Durability I would rate it: Very Very Good (haven't seen better)

photo (3).JPG

This is the mat as it sits today and as you can see there is no wear on it even after all those shots.

Sorry I can't find the original pics that I took when it first came in.

Feel

Alright I put it through the test on this one. I did what you should never due with a hitting mat and expect to keep your wrist intact. I found that my garage ceiling height was 10 feet. So instead of enduring the cold I would put it in the garage on the concrete.

The company pushes for a no shock solution so you can hit the ball down and through. Now I got to say they do a great job with this, I couldn't even tell that I was hitting off of concrete till I hit around 150 balls one day. And no I don't have soft grips I use GP New decade. My hands don't hurt afterwards and my wrist are still usable.

So for Feel I am rating this: Excellent

Conclusion:

All in all Spyers if your looking for a good hitting mat dwquailgolf.com is defiantly worth a look. Having a great product like this will help my game and it has spurred me to find a launch monitor. Ohhh they joy of drinking inside while playing golf on a cold day.

Thanks for reading

Ohh and be gentle it's my first time....

Whats in the bag:

Titleist 910D2 10.5 Graphite Design Y7-S

Adams 1600 proto 14.5 Graphite Design AD DJ

Titleist 910F 17 Ust Tour Black

Titleist 910H 22 Diamana Kali

Adams Idea Pro A12 4-9 KBS C Taper

Titleist Vokey SM4 46 degree w/ DG Spinner

Mizuno MP R12 50-54-58 DG spinner

Ping Redwood ZB

Ball Nike 20XI-X

I tend to believe that we all can feel a fat shot on hitting mats but most of the time if I am a two grooves fat I can't really tell and that is the point behind the impact tape

Quoted for emphasis. I don't know anyone who can actually feel they hit it slightly fat at the range.

Very nice review skihippy!

I've been using an All-Turf mat in my backyard and it's been great, except for the lying flat issue.

Two questions: Does your club sink into the mat when you hit it fat? Does the mat leave the green plastic residue on your clubs?

Two questions: Does your club sink into the mat when you hit it fat? Does the mat leave the green plastic residue on your clubs?

To answer your two questions

1. My club does seem to sink into the mat on fat shots and I can see on the impact tape where I hit it higher on the clubs face.

2. No no residue at all (trust me that makes me happy)

Whats in the bag:

Ping Redwood ZB

Ball Nike 20XI-X

To answer your two questions

1. My club does seem to sink into the mat on fat shots and I can see on the impact tape where I hit it higher on the clubs face.

2. No no residue at all (trust me that makes me happy)

Thanks for the answers, one more question though :)

Can you stick a tee directly into the mat?

Great write up!! That might have to make it onto my christmas list.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

WD, I tried to put a tee in mat today and it did not work. I am sure that I could poke it through the bottom of the mat but I would perfer not...

Whats in the bag:

Ping Redwood ZB

Ball Nike 20XI-X

• 2 months later...

Hi Skihippy,

Thanks for taking the time to review this. I have been waiting and waiting to buy a golf mat . I have read various company websites but never felt comfortable pulling the trigger. Until I read your review. Based on your opinions I have ordered a dura pro golf mat from them. I should have it hand early next week.

Thanks again!

God Bless

Bart

Archived