Testers Wanted: Vice Golf Irons ×

Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
2,686 signups
Equipment Type: Shoe
Vendor: SQAIRZ

Testers Wanted!

TW-SV-Feature.jpg

Can shoes make a real impact on a golfer's ability to swing faster and increase their swing speed? This is what SQAIRZ has claimed with their previous models and built their platform on. This Testers Wanted opportunity from SQAIRZ golf shoes includes their new VELO golf shoe, the first-ever speed-rated golf shoe.

About SQAIRZ VELO

This shoe is packed with technology and some pretty bold claims. In SQAIRZ testing, they found golfers using the VELO averaged an increase of 2.9 MPH in swing speed and tighter dispersion. That alone is huge.

The other technology features that the SQAIRZ VELO incorporates are as follows:

• Proprietary SQAIRZ NRG-Direct Technology for a reduction in energy loss.
  • Patented SQAIRZ toe box.
  • Proprietary Sta-Put lacing system.
  • New LaceLock system.
  • Patented AI-generated “smart-traction” system.
  • 100% waterproof but breathable materials.
  • New lightweight-response SQAIRZ NFG-Foam for additional comfort.

As I said, a lot of technology in a shoe. With the claims of a significant increase in swing speed and a new style, these are a must-test for our forum members.

TW-SV-Course.jpg

What Is Being Tested?

Along with the technology, the SQAIRZ VELO has an all-new look and a choice of three colors. The new style is still bold but certainly more subtle than their previous models with a clean aesthetic. MyGolfSpy Forum is looking for four golfers to test, review, and keep a pair of the new SQAIRZ VELO golf shoes. Testers will receive a pair of VELO shoes in the color of their choosing.

We want to know if the speed claims are true, we want to know how waterproof the VELO really is, and how comfortable they really are!

Want to be our next tester?

TW-SV-BLUE.jpg

*Registration ends Mar. 28

*Testers will be announced on the forum on April 2.

*This testing opportunity is open to all golfers in the US.

TW-SV-Black.jpg

153 Comments

I’ve been curious about these, and the square toe would be great for my wider feet. It’s been hard to pull the trigger without seeing/trying them on. 

This is an outstanding opportunity to evaluate them for everyone!

Very, very interested in this test.

I have a pair of the Speed Fire model currently and I do like them.  Very stable, waterproof, and mostly comfortable.  I'm not sure I've really seen the "faster" benefit as they've always claimed.  Definitely a bit heavier than other shoes I've had for sure.  Along with the other claims of how these are better, they seem to indicate all of the new models are lighter, which would be even greater. 

Would love to be chosen to compare these to the original model and other shoes completely.  Actually been checking their website lately and considering picking up another pair, possibly a deal on a previous model, but why not try the latest and greatest if the opportunity arises !!!!

Good luck to all that enter !

@GolfSpy_APHSomehow I signed up without completing the form (I think). I accidentally hit the Go button instead of the backspace button on my phone when I was typing in my (favorite) current shoe which is the Adidas Code Chaos BOA. I’m interested in how Sta-Put compares to BOA. Plus, if the speed claims are true, I could use it after a hip replacement last fall.

This sounds like a really fun test to be a part of. I have a pair of Sqairz I got on sale around Christmas time. Haven’t had a chance to get them on the course yet but I’ve been impressed with their interaction with turf mats. This design looks even better. Will be following along closely. Good luck to those that apply. 

I have foot issues and have been intrigued by these shoes for a while, but have not been able to try them on and cannot buy shoes online due to those foot issues.  I would love to test these since the wider toe box might work very well for me.  I've heard they are relatively heavy, which might be a dealbreaker since I walk most of the time, but if the fit is right, bring 'em on!

I've seen the TV commercials with Nick faldo about how these shoes are supposed to increase swing speed and distance, I never really believed the hype. So maybe I'll be able to find out if it really is true or not if I am selected for this opportunity. Good luck to all who signed up. 

6 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Anyone else ready to see if a simple change of shoe can boost your swing speed?

Honestly, I could see it more realistically in the back 9. As someone with a very rough foot and knee history and very unique shoe needs (why I'm not signing up for this one), the right shoe helps so much with endurance and preventing even minor injury buildup throughout a round. If they really are that comfortable, then they might help your swing speed by helping it not fall off a cliff as you get tired later on in a round. 

Good luck to everyone.   I replied as being a cart rider but in actuality I do both, just a majority of courses I play you can’t walk.  I play in a 9 hole league and walk every week there.  

I’m always looking for more comfort. I play every other evening at my course and they put the carts up at 6pm so I tend to walk a lot. Looking forward to seeing the results! Good luck everyone!

I have been considering this shoe for about a year now and would love the opportunity to try out this new model!!

I was just saying to my wife I’m going to need a new pair of shoes, what’s a better way to get a pair than to be able to test these Sir Nick approved beauties?

I love good golf shoes!  I usually walk and foot comfort is especially important to me.  These golf shoes look terrific, and I would really like to evaluate them. 

7 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Anyone else ready to see if a simple change of shoe can boost your swing speed?

I have a wide foot so it's hard to find a comfortable wide golf shoe. These shoes look like there square at the tips. I would love to see if that's the case.

I really like the look. Looks comfortable and soft. Was surprised to see waterproof and breathable in the same description. I might need a pair for my outdoor track meets!!!! looking forward to seeing the testing of those 2 statements! Good luck testers!

This would be interesting. Been on a speed journey the past 6 months. Feels like I’ve plateaued, so an extra 2.9 mph would be amazing. 

Using a Swing Caddie SC4 at home to collect data and measure progress for each session and across time. 

This would be a great test during practice and out on the course. 

I have love my Footjoy shoes but I am in the market for a new pair. This tester is almost perfect timing. I am looking forward to the opportunity. 

I would love to test these new Squairz Velo shoes and see if they have improved over the three older pairs of Squairz shoes that I have (two of which are still in my regular golf shoe "rotation", but they are getting pretty beat-up after multiple years of use and multiple rounds per week).

I've had a pair of Sqairz for 5 years and they are durable and comfortable, especially for my funky toes. But I try to walk as much as possible these days and they are fairly heavy. So when I walk, I wear a pair of light weight Sketcher shoes, but I miss the Sqairz. The Velos are much lighter weight but claims to still have the same stable, speed enhancing characteristics of the original model. I'd like to try that out!

3 minutes ago, MIgregb said:

I've had a pair of Sqairz for 5 years and they are durable and comfortable, especially for my funky toes. But I try to walk as much as possible these days and they are fairly heavy. So when I walk, I wear a pair of light weight Sketcher shoes, but I miss the Sqairz. The Velos are much lighter weight but claims to still have the same stable, speed enhancing characteristics of the original model. I'd like to try that out!

The earlier generation Squairz golf shoes were very heavy and stiff (particularly the first generation ones), and never seemed to get broken-in no matter how often you wore them. Later generation Squairz have gotten better, although I think that the original Squairz Speed model took a slight step backwards in the comfort department (at least my black Squairz Speed shoes did). I still wear those black Squairz Speed shoes as one of the two pairs of Squairz that are in my regular shoe rotation. The other pair of Squairz that I wear regularly are a special-edition red, white, and blue “Nashville Americana” model with tiny guitars in the design along with little American flags. Those are the most comfortable pair of Squairz, and possibly the most comfortable overall pair of golf shoes, that I own and that I have owned in several decades of playing golf.

1 minute ago, funkyjudge said:

The earlier generation Squairz golf shoes were very heavy and stiff (particularly the first generation ones), and never seemed to get broken-in no matter how often you wore them. ......

Maybe because of my foot issues (hammer toe), the 1st gen model I have are far more comfortable than any other shoe I ever owned. And I don't remember having any trouble with break-in, but that could be because I was so pleased with their comfort. But they absolutely heavy!

This Test is now closed to further comments.