Testers Wanted: Sun Mountain Stand Bag and Travel Bag ×

Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
3,997 signups
Equipment Type: Irons
Vendor: Edel

Edel Golf SMS and SMS Pro Irons

Presenting the first set of irons truly fit to your swing.  Edel golf has designed the SMS and SMS Pro irons to take your game to the next level.

LZ9_0072.jpg

edel_2022_by_lucas_botz_1496.jpg      edel_2022_by_lucas_botz_1439.jpg

Every Edel SMS and SMS Pro Iron comes complete with:

-  Swing Match Weight Technology

-  Forged Hollow Body Construction to Unlock Adjustability and Distance with Plasma Welded Maraging Steel Face Cup for Even More Distance (SMS)

-  Or a Precision Grain Forging for Incredible Sound and Feel (SMS Pro)

-  Players Sole Grind for Turf Interaction Versatility (SMS) or a Tour Inspired Tri-Stepped Sole Design for Enhanced Turf Interaction (SMS Pro)

Would you like to put the Edel SMS or SMS Pro Irons to the test? 

For this review opportunity we are looking for 4 MGS Forum Members to test and keep the Edel Irons!

Testers will be able to chose from in-stock shaft options currently listed on Edel's website and can choose from SMS Irons, SMS Pro Irons, or a blended combo set of irons! 

Testers will also be expected to get fit on their own within a week of selection or provide their known specs to the mod team for ordering.

This Test is open to right-hand golfers located in the United States.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Check out the Edel SMS reviews here

Be sure to check out the Forum Social Channels on Instagram & Twitter

309 Comments

3 hours ago, srooch2 said:

I’m in, just got back into golf after a hiatus with a back injury and swinging it great

Keep on fightin!

10 hours ago, Bucky CC said:

Just watched the TXG video of the SMS Pro irons.  Holy cow am I excited for the forum review of these irons.  

Great video from Mac and Ian a few months ago. MGS and TXG the best of the best

I am available and keen to test these new irons at The Golf Tailor in MK, UK.

I am a new senior, (55 years old) golfer playing off 4.4 at PGA Bowood.

I am currently playing the Apex Pro irons at this time with MMT TX shafts, able to write a detailed review and the findings as required. Previously played the MP18 MB blades.

I have been to Ping HQ, Taylormade Wentworth, and Callaway UK in Chessington for fittings over the years and have seen some best-in-class fitting centres as well as my last set of irons that were fitted at a regional Callaway center.

Happy to travel within the UK, let me know, be keen to try these new Edel irons as they look fantastic.

Steve. (TornadoSmith)

17 minutes ago, TornadoSmith said:

I am available and keen to test these new irons at The Golf Tailor in MK, UK.

I am a new senior, (55 years old) golfer playing off 4.4 at PGA Bowood.

I am currently playing the Apex Pro irons at this time with MMT TX shafts, able to write a detailed review and the findings as required. Previously played the MP18 MB blades.

I have been to Ping HQ, Taylormade Wentworth, and Callaway UK in Chessington for fittings over the years and have seen some best-in-class fitting centres as well as my last set of irons that were fitted at a regional Callaway center.

Happy to travel within the UK, let me know, be keen to try these new Edel irons as they look fantastic.

Steve. (TornadoSmith)

Thanks for your interest, sadly as noted in the application post this test is open to US based members only.  We do work to get as many international tests as possible though, so check out the How to Become a Tester thread and join in!

I had no idea that Edel was headquartered right here in Denver... literally right up the road.  Their custom fit program looks interesting.  I wonder how much it could improve my ball striking ability.

14 minutes ago, Swood1994 said:

2 days left for sign ups. Interesting that the Callaway Paradym Irons seem to have raised more Eyebrows than the Edel's 👀

Bigger name-brand appeal would be my gut instinct (and don't deny my gut  -  like Ron Burgundy, it's kind of a big deal), but also not everyone is in need/want of a fully customized set of irons.  I mean, I'M drooling at the prospect of hitting these one day, but ... I also have a library full of leather-bound books and mahogany, so...wait. I AM Ron Burgundy. Dammit.

1 minute ago, JWeir said:

I've wanted to test the SMS Pro irons since they were announced!  I live in Austin, and can get fitted at the old Edel HQ in Liberty Hill.  Hit me up!

Hey man! Welcome!  Be sure to check out the "How to be a Tester" thread - tons of super helpful insights on how we make our decisions on who gets to test - most of all, get involved!   And welcome (again)! 

(https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/49045-2023-want-to-be-a-mgs-forum-tester-read-here/)

Just now, GolfSpy_APH said:

Normal tests get between 2-5k for registrations and depending on the main site and their social push it can fluctuate. Good example is Red Rooster. We are at 1200 which is only from the forum Newsletter, social and such. Main site will do theirs Thursday for that test and we will see another 2k or so signups. 

Only 1% of sign ups have 50 or more posts and usually 90% or more have only ever applied to be testers or have fewer that 3 posts. 

Edel being smaller gets less attention then Callaway, but maybe we will do a competition between the two groups? Any ideas? 

Best irons only round?

I love me a 7-iron only challenge! like the great Roy McAvoy I never miss with my 7-iron 😉

5 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Normal tests get between 2-5k for registrations and depending on the main site and their social push it can fluctuate. Good example is Red Rooster. We are at 1200 which is only from the forum Newsletter, social and such. Main site will do theirs Thursday for that test and we will see another 2k or so signups. 

Only 1% of sign ups have 50 or more posts and usually 90% or more have only ever applied to be testers or have fewer that 3 posts. 

Edel being smaller gets less attention then Callaway, but maybe we will do a competition between the two groups? Any ideas? 

Best irons only round?

The numbers behind every registration round is a very interesting stat.

Edel wedges are awesome I would think that their irons are also really good, but I can seethe higher appeal for a brand like callaway, every golf shop you walk into will likely have some Callaway pruducts with some very well highlighted product display.

52 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Best irons only round?

That's a really good idea.  Make it an irons only version of the Cobra challenge.  I would think most people have some way to track their shots these days, and if they don't, bring along a pencil and a notebook!

2 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Best irons only round?

This sounds really cool.  Here's 1 vote Yes!

2 hours ago, GolfSpy_SAM said:

Bigger name-brand appeal would be my gut instinct (and don't deny my gut  -  like Ron Burgundy, it's kind of a big deal), but also not everyone is in need/want of a fully customized set of irons.  I mean, I'M drooling at the prospect of hitting these one day, but ... I also have a library full of leather-bound books and mahogany, so...wait. I AM Ron Burgundy. Dammit.

Yeah the custom piece is super important for me being 6'5" tall.  

I’ve been very interested in these irons since they came out.  I’ve always been a tinkerer and have had adjustable drivers, fairway woods, hybrids, and putters.  CAn’t wait to read about these from multiple perspectives!

Awesome opportunity here! Me thinks Edel is on to something that the other OEMs are going to be copying in the not too distant future… throwing my hat in the ring for this one!

What an interesting concept? This would be awesome to tinker around with the settings and test at the Toptracker range I go to every Monday and then test out on the course.  I go to the range every Monday and play 4 times per week. 

There are some designs built into these clubs that intrigue me. First off, the sole design is one that I’ve always liked. Second, my swing fault is a toe strike with closed face.  The weight in the toe, at least in theory, would neutralize this by slowing the toe and also putting more mass behind the impact. 

Cool opportunity. Big fan of Edel and have loved their innovative work with toe balancing putters. VERY interested in their new line of irons. Also, love the Texas connection.

This Test is now closed to further comments.