Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
4,084 signups
Equipment Type: Irons
Vendor: Takomo

Takomo Golf is a Finland based Direct To Consumer Golf Club manufacturer who produces a wide range of irons for golfers of all levels.

Screenshot 2023-03-08 22.27.59.png

The Scandinavian Mindset
Originating from the country of timeless design Takomo brings the Scandinavian mindset to golf – quality, and durability without compromising on style, for everyone. Takomo’s way of operating seeks to combine functionality and accessibility. Uniting this mindset with clean design has its roots deep in the Scandinavian way of thinking.

Streamlined and ageless design is at the heart of everything we do. We create a design that boosts your confidence and elegance that’s easy on your eyes. Our products combine the perfect balance of beauty and performance, to deliver the timeless experience for every golfer.

We are super excited to have them as part of our Member Testing Platform for the first time this year! For this test we are looking for 4 MGS Forum Members to test their range of irons. 

Takomo 101t - 2 Testers
Takomo 301 CB - 1 Tester
Takomo 301 MB - 1 Tester

This Test is open to Forum Members worldwide, however Right Hand Only!

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

New to the Forum? Interested in how we select our testers and want to increase your opportunity at being selected in this or future tests? READ MORE HERE!

304 Comments

The more I see Takomo the more I put them right there with Mizuno and Srixon for being some of cleanest, best looking irons on the market. Any chance to see if the performance matches the look would be great.

I am interested in trying out new sets of irons, really get a feel for what different brands offer in their sets. 

I’ve only had a set of TaylorMade Sim2’s as my starter set and now I’m on PXG gen 5.

very interested in trying these out!

I've only owned two sets of irons and they were both Titleist, with my current setup being the original AP2 irons. I'd love a chance to try these irons and see how they compare to the big boy brands. These irons are every bit as good looking as the major brands. 

On 4/27/2023 at 4:08 AM, Paxarin said:

I wish I had heard about Takomo last year when I was in the market for new irons. The 101t look really good

On 4/27/2023 at 4:07 AM, DStar said:

Ah, damn it!! Saw this pop up thinking these could be great to test as I'm looking to get some new irons for my 50th this year 🙂 

Worldwide - 😁

RH only - 😭

Another awesome opportunity guys! Good work Takomo & MGS

It's tough to be a southpaw- we can't find so many brands and even for hybrids and drivers we cannot get some of the lofts righties have access to. 

7 minutes ago, Bob M said:

It's tough to be a southpaw- we can't find so many brands and even for hybrids and drivers we cannot get some of the lofts righties have access to. 

Thankfully Takomo along with several other of the DTC brands do have LH options. In the case of this member test not for these sets. However their 101 and 201 are both offered in LH!

I do know what you mean though. It is particularly hard her in europe. Canada had so many more options overall.  

On 5/2/2023 at 4:01 PM, GolfSpy_APH said:

Thankfully Takomo along with several other of the DTC brands do have LH options. In the case of this member test not for these sets. However their 101 and 201 are both offered in LH!

I do know what you mean though. It is particularly hard her in europe. Canada had so many more options overall.  

I know that when I first started out- there was virtually NOTHING for lefties. So, after my dad and I tried to piece together a decent lefty set, we(he) decided to just teach me right-handed for 2 reasons (according to him). Firstly- obviously there were more clubs available for righties, and secondly, that would allow my "dominant hand" to be my "lead hand" which would theoretically be an advantage. FWIW- Stenson is also a lefty that plays right-handed.

1 hour ago, Merlin1313 said:

I know that when I first started out- there was virtually NOTHING for lefties. So, after my dad and I tried to piece together a decent lefty set, we(he) decided to just teach me right-handed for 2 reasons (according to him). Firstly- obviously there were more clubs available for righties, and secondly, that would allow my "dominant hand" to be my "lead hand" which would theoretically be an advantage. FWIW- Stenson is also a lefty that plays right-handed.

That’s why most Canadian hockey players are lefties as they actually teach you to play opposite so your dominant hand is the top hand. 

1 hour ago, ZackS said:

That’s why most Canadian hockey players are lefties as they actually teach you to play opposite so your dominant hand is the top hand. 

Having played fairly high level hockey, and most of those same people I played with are golfers and I have run into just a handful of lefties over my 21 years playing golf. A left handed golfer is also a left handed hockey player and vice versa. The two lefties I currently play with regularly have both never skated a day in their lives hahaha

2 hours ago, Merlin1313 said:

Yeah and I'm Right handed that's pays left. 

I've actually found for chipping and such the feel of getting my left hand to be more dominant to work wonders... For another thread though. 

Just now, GolfSpy_APH said:

Yeah and I'm Right handed that's pays left. 

I've actually found for chipping and such the feel of getting my left hand to be more dominant to work wonders... For another thread though. 

sounds like a plan!!!!!!

4 minutes ago, TylorJudd said:

Having played fairly high level hockey, and most of those same people I played with are golfers and I have run into just a handful of lefties over my 21 years playing golf. A left handed golfer is also a left handed hockey player and vice versa. The two lefties I currently play with regularly have both never skated a day in their lives hahaha

I could be mistaken. I have played multiple levels of travel hockey. Growing up in the Texas I will be the first to admit that is nowhere near the level of hockey played in Canada but did play on teams with with Canadian's during that time and was told that if you where right hand dominant in Canada they had you play left handed. It's also possible I am loosing my mind, haha. But if I am wrong I will take no offense to being corrected. 

17 minutes ago, TylorJudd said:

My dad told me about a hockey player friend of his (right-handed golfer) that was with him at a demo-day. The only driver that was available was left handed. Apparently, the friend played hockey left-handed. So, he took the driver, and after a few practice swings was hitting it 275+ left-handed.

15 hours ago, ZackS said:

I could be mistaken. I have played multiple levels of travel hockey. Growing up in the Texas I will be the first to admit that is nowhere near the level of hockey played in Canada but did play on teams with with Canadian's during that time and was told that if you where right hand dominant in Canada they had you play left handed. It's also possible I am loosing my mind, haha. But if I am wrong I will take no offense to being corrected. 

I could be an anomaly here as well, just stating stark differences but when I grab a stick, my hand positioning is the same from my gold clubs to a hockey stick. I do know that we are taught ambidexterity if you start at a young age, I was no different and you are correct about that. Assumptions of a 3 year olds handness is tough and can create issues playing down the road. 

Played interclub matchplay pennant against a guy I’ve never met today.He said he’s looking at getting some Takomo irons. (Unprompted conversation) Told him I’d signed up, he was amazed that the opportunity was available. Great to see new brands building awareness in untapped markets.

On 5/5/2023 at 12:04 AM, TylorJudd said:

It's a fact that there more left handed golfers here in Canada (in proportion). But is there a link with hockey. Probably. Dont know. But my brother is left handed but play hockey and golf right handed! And there is a guy at my Club playing golf left handed but he putts right handed?

2 hours ago, ZMendle10 said:

Fingers crossed that tomorrow is the day for the announcement🤞

Testers were announced already, unless I'm  reading this wrong?

@TylorJudd

I thought they would be by now but I never saw the announcement and I cant find the official review topic.  When were they announced because that would make sense since its been like 3 weeks. 

This Test is now closed to further comments.