Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
4,084 signups
Equipment Type: Irons
Vendor: Takomo

Takomo Golf is a Finland based Direct To Consumer Golf Club manufacturer who produces a wide range of irons for golfers of all levels.

Screenshot 2023-03-08 22.27.59.png

The Scandinavian Mindset
Originating from the country of timeless design Takomo brings the Scandinavian mindset to golf – quality, and durability without compromising on style, for everyone. Takomo’s way of operating seeks to combine functionality and accessibility. Uniting this mindset with clean design has its roots deep in the Scandinavian way of thinking.

Streamlined and ageless design is at the heart of everything we do. We create a design that boosts your confidence and elegance that’s easy on your eyes. Our products combine the perfect balance of beauty and performance, to deliver the timeless experience for every golfer.

We are super excited to have them as part of our Member Testing Platform for the first time this year! For this test we are looking for 4 MGS Forum Members to test their range of irons. 

Takomo 101t - 2 Testers
Takomo 301 CB - 1 Tester
Takomo 301 MB - 1 Tester

This Test is open to Forum Members worldwide, however Right Hand Only!

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

New to the Forum? Interested in how we select our testers and want to increase your opportunity at being selected in this or future tests? READ MORE HERE!

304 Comments

4 minutes ago, ZMendle10 said:

This must be the 4th time ive looked at these pictures and I am just noticing the pre-worn leading edge on them. How has that been working out for you so far for the turf interaction? To me it looks very similar to the leading edge of the Miura MC502.

I have not have any issues with it, I have noticed that I have not been dinging on the ground with them as much as my other irons.

The course was pretty wet when I was out, very soft conditions, so no issues to start with.

I felt that even when I was hiring from the higher rough, it was not an issue at all.

1 minute ago, xOldBenKenobiX said:

I have not have any issues with it, I have noticed that I have not been dinging on the ground with them as much as my other irons.

The course was pretty wet when I was out, very soft conditions, so no issues to start with.

I felt that even when I was hiring from the higher rough, it was not an issue at all.

Seeing that and hearing that it's working for you has really peaked my interest in these irons. I also love that you can just purchase the heads so I  might even do that and just use them as a backup set for travel.

2 hours ago, Jnoble89 said:

Glad to have you here, @Matt711! This forum is full of great people and awesome conversation. I have no doubt you're going to have a great time on here and all I can say is involvement on the forum will lead to testing opportunities. Make sure to check out the Good Morning Thread, it's one of my favorites! Another great spot to start is posting your WITB. Look forward to seeing you on here!

This^^^

First I am a Left Handed player. I choose to test the 301 MB. This being said my actual irons are CBs from Callaway X forged 2009, with project x stock stiff shafts. The Takomo 301 irons with mid-size grips would be the wright fit for my needs.. I really would like to make a positive review on them.. Accuracy, feel, distance, dispersion wise, grooves etc.... My fingers are crossed because i desperately need a new set of left handed low hdcp players irons in my bag. Thanks for having a chance to win it. 

IMG_20230426_134237.jpg

IMG_20230426_134451.jpg

IMG_20230426_134436.jpg

I've been a fan of the looks of the Takomo irons for a very long time and would really like to test if they feel as good as they look!

If i'm lucky enough to be chosen to test a iron set, I would really like to test the CB irons!

2 hours ago, M.Duchesne said:

First I am a Left Handed player. I choose to test the 301 MB. This being said my actual irons are CBs from Callaway X forged 2009, with project x stock stiff shafts. The Takomo 301 irons with mid-size grips would be the wright fit for my needs.. I really would like to make a positive review on them.. Accuracy, feel, distance, dispersion wise, grooves etc.... My fingers are crossed because i desperately need a new set of left handed low hdcp players irons in my bag. Thanks for having a chance to win it. 

IMG_20230426_134237.jpg

IMG_20230426_134451.jpg

IMG_20230426_134436.jpg

Unfortunately this test is right hand only.  Also we can’t stress this enough but there really is nothing to win. These are tests/reviews done by handpicked MyGolfSpy members. There is absolutely nothing random about these tests when we select members. There is criteria we use that is laid out in the thread I will link below. 

16 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

As a lefty I am very envious of all of you who have RH availability. The CB's were on my short list when I got my 659 TC's. WIll be watching closely to this and really looking forward to all the reviews!

I would hope that sooner than later takomo will be offering left handed options, I  think you would really like these irons.

52 minutes ago, GolfSpy_BNG said:

Unfortunately this test is right hand only.  Also we can’t stress this enough but there really is nothing to win. These are tests/reviews done by handpicked MyGolfSpy members. There is absolutely nothing random about these tests when we select members. There is criteria we use that is laid out in the thread I will link below. 

This sentiment can be sent across every member here, all of us here want to truly know about these pieces of equipment we graciously are given the opportunity to test to better inform all members if they really stand up to the demands of the golf community here. This forum is community driven and focused. We all "win" with these tests, regardless of who is providing the feedback. Sorry to use the win word @GolfSpy_BNG the testing guidelines are also extremely important to read over. 

2 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

They do have LH options. Just not in the sets we are getting for testing. 

The 101 and 201 are LH options! 

I seriously considered ordering a set of the 101s this winter. They are beautiful looking clubs. 

I would love to see a head to head comparison between these and Sub70 irons. Both great looking, great price, great performance... would be interesting 👀

11 minutes ago, CSiders12 said:

I would love to see a head to head comparison between these and Sub70 irons. Both great looking, great price, great performance... would be interesting 👀

Never heard of these... To google I go!

In a cliche filled world of responses here, just know of my interest to get this right.  (The ending of that last sentence might be clichesque, but creating new words often masks the uncreative sentence.....)

19 minutes ago, JJames said:

Hi, this is my first message so I won't probably be selected but the Iron 301 MB looks quite similar to what I'm playing now, the Mizuno Pro 911.

Welcome!

Be sure to read the link above which says READ MORE HERE up top in the testers wanted post. 

We often select new members for testing and it doesn't take too much! 

Hopefully that post and thread has some of the answers for you and of you have more be sure to ask!

The 301 Cbs look amazing! I first heard of Takoma last year when I got bit by the golf bug watching YouTube videos on how to hit the dang ball. Lol. I think the guy from Play Again was gaming them and he would always use them to compare the other irons he was testing. Thanks for the opportunity!

This Test is now closed to further comments.