Testers Wanted: Vortex Rangefinders ×

Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
2,231 signups
Equipment Type: Rain Gear
Vendor: Galway Bay

image.png

Who is ready to play in some wet weather conditions to tell us more about Galway Bay Rain Gear?

WHY GALWAY BAY?
- Tailored for performance
- Galway Bay Hydro-Flex 32
- Attention to detail
- When we say waterproof, we mean it.
image.png

image.png   image.png

From the MGS Most Wanted Testing: Best runner-up rain suit under $500 goes to Galway Bay. A veteran in the Rain Gear Test, the All Weather suit performs well once again. It has some small tweaks in its design but the performance was never compromised. The water runs off with ease but the suit remains breathable in warmer conditions. Throw in customizable pant lengths and you have a top performer in 2021.

We are looking for 5 MyGolfSpy Forum Members to try, test and review a complement of Galway Bay Rain Gear.

This test is open to our membership worldwide!

Fair weather golfers need not apply!

New to the Forum? Interested in how we select our testers and want to increase your opportunity at being selected in this or future tests? READ MORE HERE!

162 Comments

I play in Devon UK on the edge of Dartmoor where we suffer from lots of different types of rain, low cloud, drizzle and torrential downpours. I need a good lightweight breathable rainsuit with trousers that fit. This brand sounds ideal as most brands seem to forget about the leg length.

This is great, would love to take try it at home and now that I have to travel monthly to South America where you can never play without raining

Rain and cold weather coming to Canada in the next few days. It would be great to extend the season a little. I will finish my rounds in the rain but I hate the cold!

This would be amazing living up in Western Washington.  It already has been raining pretty hard the past few days, so having something to go out on the wet and cold days would be amazing.

Have heard great things about Galway Bay and never can find rain gear I truly am comfortable wearing , have a few sets including Foot Joy so this could be a winner for me 

PERFECT stuff for PNW's rainy winter golf season! Please let me test these over all sorts of rain conditions here in WA state! 

Since I have 2 different jobs in the golf industry I’ll have the opportunity to test this product, as long as it rains of course.

This looks really interesting.  Can’t wait to see the reviews.

Kjus gets really a lot of love from MGS, so interested to see how more reasonably priced rain gear does.

Despite what people may think we get lots of rain here.

Have never found raingear that fits right or is comfortable. Here in NJ it’s a must in the fall as well as the early season…would love to try this and look forward to the reviews.

Well up here in the NW we always need good rain gear.  Since we are expecting a warmer winter that means rain, rain and more rain .  I would love to test out your rain gear as I have heard wonderful things about it from various people and magazines.  

The picture below shows a great shot of how much rain we get up here.  The basin in front of the green fills with water up to the edge of this Par 3 hole (always fun).

whispering firs_new5f.JPG

I currently sport Footjoy and Galvin Green rain jackets. The FJ doesn't breath very well, but fit is excellent. No tightness under the arms and a snug fit around the hips while still allowing great freedom of movement.

The Galvin Green jackets are more breathable but don't shed water as well as advertised. They also get a bit soggy on muggy days. Fit is good with adjustability, and I like the styling. Sleeves are designed to shed water away from your hands which works well and helps keep my glove hand dry for the most part.

Galway Bay has been noted as another top brand and I'd like to give them a try. Playing in the rain is a fact of life in the Pacific northwest, and as the saying goes, if you don't like the weather at the moment, just wait 5 minutes and it will change. This means putting on and taking off rain gear sometimes several times per round. If I can find a jacket that provides rain protection, a bit of warmth and wind deterence, and is stillbreathable enough to wear between those intermittent showers the northwest is known for (at least by northwest golfers) that would be great. I think this area would be ideal for a rain gear test and I'd like to give the Galway Bay line a try.

What an awesome opportunity. 
Living in the PNW we get plenty of rain so rain gear is a must if you want to play throughout the year.

I currently use FJ and Nike rain gear and would love to give GALWAY BAY a shot and compare it to the other 2 brands that I have used for the past 10+ years. 

Living and playing golf is the UK is the ultimate test for wet weather gear. It started in Ernest today, and we’ll be plying in it for the next 6 months no doubt. Would provide a comprehensive testing and photos as well. 

best wishes

Nigel

Would love to test this out. Might come in handy now that Southern California is getting hurricanes! Good luck everyone, play well!

This Test is now closed to further comments.