Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
12,389 signups
Equipment Type: Putters
Vendor: LAB

Testers Wanted: L.A.B. Putters

Rolling a golf ball into a hole shouldn’t be complicated. Yet for golfers around the world, putting is the most challenging part of the game. L.A.B. Golf was created to simplify things. 

image.png

We are looking for 6 MyGolfSpy Forum Members to take part in a longer term L.A.B. Golf Putter Member Test (Roughly 6 weeks)

This test is open to all MyGolfSpy Forum Members

All heads available for this test (DF 2.1, Mezz.1, Mezz.1 Max and Link.1)

International? Good!

RH or LH? Good!

Follow the Lab review here

359 Comments

Would love to put this up against my Scotty Cameron putter.  I've played all brands and loved my Ping until one round with Scotty and the Ping was for sale 🙂  

I was excited to follow this one last year, for sure, and being an Edel guy who has since gone to Ping HQ and done a putter fitting there, it would be KILLER to see how a LAB does vs the other two!!!!  YES!!!

16 minutes ago, climberboy2000 said:

Would love to put this up against my Scotty Cameron putter.  I've played all brands and loved my Ping until one round with Scotty and the Ping was for sale 🙂  

I was the same way with my Bettinardi. I still have my Ping Anser as I’ve had it since I was in high school in the late 80s. 

While we are in fantasy land (and full disclosure), I already have a LAB putter and I really enjoy it. I have a DF 2.1 and once I got "untorqued" and used to the forward press grip it is hard to think of doing much else. That said, I had always used a blade putter before the DF 2.1 so the idea of getting stability and Lie Angle balancing (as well as taking up much less space in my sunday bag) has me looking, lustily I might add, at a Link.1. 

image.png.37d172f53916732fd1746565741f906c.png

image.png.3cdb9948d87a8c5c8c80a99d23800fe1.png

image.png.bb4572d1865f39ea9c34ba992df25724.png

image.png.b155764451e7b659d0ce9759ebee4957.png

This will be a great one to watch. A YouTuber I follow switched to the Mezz 1 and he is pleased with it. I am interested in seeing how the remote fitting via video goes for the testers. The Mezz 1 Max has certainly captured my attention. I wonder if the more exotic shafts be an option. 

8 minutes ago, MattWillGolf said:

This will be a great one to watch. A YouTuber I follow switched to the Mezz 1 and he is pleased with it. I am interested in seeing how the remote fitting via video goes for the testers. The Mezz 1 Max has certainly captured my attention. I wonder if the more exotic shafts be an option. 

I watch a lot of Random Golf Club on Youtube and I believe he made the switch to the DR 2.1 and he's been sinking some long putts with it.

I currently have an older DF2.1 and I really like it and it takes time to get used to.  To use these putters properly you need to make changes to how you putt and once you do it is incredible how many putts start going in.  I would love to try the Mezz. I love the look and how it sets up, I am a LAB fan. 

I hope those that are chosen take the time to watch the LAB videos and really take the time to learn how LAB putters work because when you do they become amazing putters and putts go in.

Used a LAB center shafted blade in a big golf store. Couldn't miss! almost bought it on the spot. Would love to test one for reall, see if it has the same magic.

I was a part of the L.A.B. putter testing last year! It was by far one of the most impactful areas of improvement in my game in the past 4 years. It will take an act of god for me to replace my B.2 now. My guess is you are going to have to get people to arm wrestle over who gets to test the Link.1! I'll get in line for the arm wrestling tourney. 

I've never wanted to be selected more for a testing. Every time I play around with the Mezz, I almost go home with it. Good luck to everyone and thanks for such a great opportunity MGS!

I'm thinking the Mezz would be the best fit for me - not sure how many people are reading this late in the thread, but for folks who game a L.A.B., how did you adapt to the new look/shape? Seems like the mental component is so big for putting that it would be a tough adjustment period.

This is going to be a good one cant wait to see the results im looking at buying a new putter and have been so back and forth between scotty, eroll, odyssey, why not see the results and throw L.A.B in there 

No link the product? Images of only 3 of the 4 products available? Only pictures of the putter soles? Either questionable test effort or just mailing it in this week.

This is one i really want to be selected for!  I have been seriously interested in the Mezz Max but haven't found in golf shops in my area that have them for demo.  Fingers crossed I get picked!

Been playing my Scotty Cameron Del Mar for years. Some days we have it, often we do not. Rolled a few at PGA stores in my area and would love the chance to get one out on the course for a while. Interested to see this vs max toe hang on my current gamer.

My 35” 70deg DF is ideal in every way except for the sound and feel generated while using a high compression ball like the pro v1x. It’s a bit ‘tuning fork’ for my taste, especially on lag putts.

I can’t imagine the link is a better putter, but I’d love to know for sure. If the link feels as good as a 303 putter should, and gives me the most important tech from the DF, it could be in my bag for a decade.

Also, I’d love to try a LA Golf shaft and compare to my bgt. 

I’ve been on the taylormade spider original for years and this year finally considered moving to another putter. Either the bettinardi queen b 10 or the Ping PLD DS72. Haven’t really considered lab but would be very open to testing 

Finally have found a putter that has been extremely friendly.  Odyssey OG7 Stroke Lab.  Still do struggle with the shorter putts and feel the LAB might be able to clean that up.  Would love the opportunity to test the LAB and offer a good comparison with my Stroke Lab.

This Test is now closed to further comments.