Testers Wanted! Volvik Golf Balls ×

Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
12,389 signups
Equipment Type: Putters
Vendor: LAB

Testers Wanted: L.A.B. Putters

Rolling a golf ball into a hole shouldn’t be complicated. Yet for golfers around the world, putting is the most challenging part of the game. L.A.B. Golf was created to simplify things. 

image.png

We are looking for 6 MyGolfSpy Forum Members to take part in a longer term L.A.B. Golf Putter Member Test (Roughly 6 weeks)

This test is open to all MyGolfSpy Forum Members

All heads available for this test (DF 2.1, Mezz.1, Mezz.1 Max and Link.1)

International? Good!

RH or LH? Good!

Follow the Lab review here

359 Comments

2 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

This will be very interesting test as testers will be required to have these in their bags for a longer time and really go into it.

LAB is also going to work with testers, do the fitting and hopefully most if not all testers will get on SAM Lab or Quintec (misspelled that) for some cold hard data on how it works.

Nice, I like the idea of the full fitting and what LAB does behind the scenes for the science of putting

2 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

I mean the whole season is truly really freaking cool. We are booked out till August and still have more which we will be working on. 

That is awesome and my calendar is wide open, aside from vacation, but now you might force me to take some golf clubs with me.

1 hour ago, Josh Ross said:

When I got my Directed Force 2.1, people laughed at it until I was draining putts like never before. I've always used a blade putter until I got this thing, and when I tried their earlier blade putter, the B.2, I didn't like the feel of it at all. The DF 2.1 is more forgiving on off-center hits than any of their other putters.

L.A.B. says the DF 2.1 is fully automatic putting, the MEZZ putters are semi-automatic, and the B.2 was for those who rarely miss the center of the face. I assume the Link.1 falls in the same category, except it has exceptional feel. When demoing the stock model which isn't my lie angle, it feels as automatic as the DF 2.1 to me, just in a much smaller, more traditional footprint. I imagine since I always hit the center of the face on a putter that I don't need that part of the forgiveness but I absolutely live for the zero torque part of the forgiveness. I have never wanted to be picked for anything on here more than this, haha. Whoever is chosen, be ready for your playing partners to accuse you of the following once you get dialed in with the L.A.B.

will-ferrell-the-house.gif.6cacd91bf57078cbc6a9f1cdd8b9657b.gif

good luck. I would definitely apply and want to be picked but i need to slow down on the amount of golf items coming into my house. My name is Randy and I have a problem

44 minutes ago, xOldBenKenobiX said:

That is an awesome milestone and with two days to go, I think we can surpass the T irons sign up number

Let's go, we are almost there. I didn't think there would be that much interest for these putters but I am happily wrong. When I first saw Adam Scott using it I had to look it up, I would say he is definitely the most well known pro who is using the putter. 

7 hours ago, Josh Ross said:

When I got my Directed Force 2.1, people laughed 

L.A.B. says the DF 2.1 is fully automatic putting, the MEZZ putters are semi-automatic, and the B.2 was for those who rarely miss the center of the face. I assume the Link.1 falls in the same category, except it has exceptional feel. 

Now you got me thinking I need to try the DF 2.1. I need automatic. And I can live with the aesthetics. 

6 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

This will be very interesting test as testers will be required to have these in their bags for a longer time and really go into it.

LAB is also going to work with testers, do the fitting and hopefully most if not all testers will get on SAM Lab or Quintec (misspelled that) for some cold hard data on how it works.

The opportunity you guys are bringing and the brands backing their product. We all appreciate the hard work

6 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

15k is a lot! 

Truthfully I'm more excited for what we are announcing tomorrow 😉

We are not out of April and its been Banger after Banger. 2 sets of irons, driver, putter, gloves, balls, grips, fill set. You Mods have been busy and are delivering on it!

Since in Brazil we don’t have LAB putters to test or even buy in the golf stores, it would be really cool to be part of the test group. 
Spread the word about the lab, where they only talk about Scotty Cameron’s and odyssey putters 

A good friend who, like me, would consider himself a poor putter, just got fitted for a LAB putter and his putting has improved significantly. I have been very intrigued by them since they came out. This one excites me!

Very intestine to see the test for the different heads. Can you also test in the armlock model of these heads?

Always been intrigued by the L.A.B. Putters

Bump this thread!  Cause it's an incredible opportunity to test one of the best putters out there.  So you don't want to miss out.   

Wait ... what am I doing?? :banghead:  The more people that sign up, the less chance I have to be picked!? 😕  Scratch that ... forget this thread, don't waste your time. 🤣 🤣

I have had a Voodoo Never Compromise forever. Before that it was an old Ping Anser since maybe high school. I don’t change often. Been looking for a new design to see if it is time to switch. Putting is my biggest challenge and this is my year to work on it and maybe replace the tool as well. 

Just was checking this thread because I forgot when the cutoffs were and when announcements would go out and WOAH THATS A LOT OF SIGNUPS!!

I guess I'm better off getting some scratchers to just buy myself a Link.1

Putting has always been my weakest part of my game and usually prevents me from going low. I've always been interested in trying the LAB putters but it's not available to to try out at stores. I found out that an adjustable LAB putter was available at a Club Champion. I got fitted and tried the adjustable LAB putter but it was broken and unusable. I am very interested in the DF 2.1 in 33" with a lie angle of 77. Hope that I to be a tester for my dream putter!

19 minutes ago, roly_pollie_oly said:

I love anything that goes against the norm, these putters are awesome!

I am with you, my bag is full of smaller brands and things that are more unique rather than the main brands.  I have a DF2.1 and not only is it unique looking but it rolls really well.

Please add me to the list. Really interested in the Link.1; I actually was planning to track one down just to try in store if nothing else. Looks like a really interesting alternative to a traditional blade-style putter, and I don't like mallet style putters.

This Test is now closed to further comments.