Testers Wanted: Newton Driver Shafts ×

Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
1,353 signups
Equipment Type: Golf Balls
Vendor: Maxfli

Testers Wanted! Maxfli Tour, Tour X and Tour S Golf Balls

image.png

What makes the Maxfli Tour series different from other Foremost balls is that, other than the cover, much of the core and mantle technology is specific to Maxfli. But the real kicker is Maxfli’s proprietary CG balancing technology. It’s an extra step in the quality-control process where each ball is examined and oriented so that the side stamp aligns with the axis along which the ball is perfectly balanced. Moreover, CG balancing won’t do much for a poorly constructed ball. Beyond that, it gives Maxfli a key differentiating feature and a talking point that other DTC brands lack.

image.png

MyGolfSpy Forum is looking for 6 of it's lower handicap members to test, review, report and keep 2 dozen of the Maxfli Tour Series of Golf Ball.

2 for Maxfli Tour
2 for Maxfli Tour X
2 for Maxfli Tour S

This Member Test is open to US Member only, but both right and left handed golfers! 😉

Do you think this golf ball could fit your game? Click the Sign Up link above! 

New to the Forum? Interested in how we select our testers and want to increase your opportunity at being selected in this or future tests? READ MORE HERE!

Follow us on Instagram & Twitter!

106 Comments

1 hour ago, Ireland Golf Lover said:

You will be surprised how good these balls are! They are durable, soft, and perform every bit as well as Pro V1s. I was very pleasantly surprised when I played the Maxfli Tour. Not to mention you can’t beat the price!

Yeah I’ll probably give them a shot since I’m not tied to any single ball yet. It’s a bummer I’m not eligible for testing due to handicap. 

I have not played a Maxfli ball since the early 1990’s and it would great to test them against what I play now.  FYI made an ace with a “Maxfli Master” back in 1996.

Handicap too high….but also see how DGS/MaxFli are looking to validate that it can compete with the better players and the ball(s) they game.  Have tried them and like them - still have most of a dozen from one of the MGS discount deals.  Time to revisit….

I played 2 dozen of the Tour Model last season after the MGS ball test results were published.  Would never have considered them without reading those results. I was pleasantly surprised by the performance for the price.  Easily as good as PV1.  Would love to test the Tour S model.

Used to Maxfli's  a number of years ago and loved them but they dropped out of sight.  Looking forward to trying them again.

Played the Tour X until I tried the Vice ProPlus - but would like to try the new formulation to compare to the Vice.

would love to test out the Maxfli golf balls.  Back in the day, Maxfli made the best balata golf balls.  Played them over Titleist balata golf balls, even though i was on Titleist staff at the time.

Interested to see if they could knock out the ProV1x from bag.

I am thinking about switching to the Maxfli Tour X. I just got fit using ballnamic.com and my top match for the budget friendly option was Maxfli Tour X. I have played Snell MTB X for the last couple of years, and am going to compare the Maxfli with the new Snell MTB Prime. I would love to be a tester!

I bought a 4 pack of the tourX last fall, just before our infinite winter hit (courses still arent open). Looking forward to trying them out. Have been playing mostly srixon Q-stars till now. (and found balls).

Will be very interested in the feedback from the testers on this one.

I've been playing the 2019 then the 2021 versions of the Maxfli Tour.  Started buying them after reading the MSG ball lab review.  I've also tried the Tour X, but it wasn't as good of a fit.  I'd be curious to see how the 2023 compares to the last sleeve of 2021 balls I have left in the bag.  Pretty sure I dont qualify as a "lower" HCP player... I'm guessing by that they mean lower HCP than me.

Good luck folks. Have fun. Looking forward to reading how they performed for you. I use I amusing toe Tour ball and switch off with Chrome Soft. So I certainly want to hear what you all think.

I would love to try the Maxfli Tour balls and/or maybe the X please!  The CG balancing prior to side stamp is a game changer...  no more spinning balls and marking over current stampings!

Definitely interested in this ball. ballnamic had the tour #2 behind the Bridgestone BX for me and above the 2021 Pro V1 I currently play. My only worry is the wind score was lower on it which being in Texas is very important. Also interested in the new Tour S as it should be better with wind being lower spin but I have never tried that low a compression ball. That said I am still debating signing up for this one as I have never been very picky on golf balls and can bounce around between the premium balls and as long as it’s not to spiny. So not sure if I would be best to provide feedback on balls or not. 

Since golf ball prices continue to rise, I’ve started to look into more reasonable pricing, but not sacrifice quality. I’ve played Snell before, but the ball lab on Maxfli makes this a serious contender. 

I have used Maxfli Tour for almost 2 years and have been very happy with how it plays for my game (hi handicap, mod swing). I think the 'Tour CG' on the ball marking the preferred roll is a bit of a misnomer. I use a Check-Go on them to find the preferred axis and very few match perfectly. That being said, very few were far off the the printed line on the ball. I have tried several other balls, Kirkland, Calloway, Titleist, Quantix (another DTC ball) and while I liked them, the Maxfli Tour seems to work best in most catagories (drive and green) for me. I would be interested in trying the Maxfli Tour X, as soon as the golf courses here in Alaska thaw out.

On 5/1/2023 at 10:15 AM, flsw19 said:

Played the Tour X until I tried the Vice ProPlus - but would like to try the new formulation to compare to the Vice.

I’m in a similar boat! Recently bought a few Vice Pro’s, so I’d love to see how they compare to the Maxfli Tour. 👍🏼

This Test is now closed to further comments.