Testers Wanted! Takomo Long Game Clubs ×

Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
1,965 signups
Equipment Type: Long Game
Vendor: Mizuno

Mizuno Long Game

Mizuno is here to bring back a favorite and often requested forum member test for 2023!  The Mizuno Long Game test will see testers fit the top end of their bag with the ST 230 line of clubs to see what sort of improvements can be made using Mizuno's latest gear.  Testers will get to experience the missing piece from their golf game in Mizuno's CORTECH Chamber which is featured throughout the lineup.  

image.png

What is the CORTECH Chamber?

The CORTECH Chamber: The Missing Piece:  Mizuno's CORTECH Chamber encases a dense stainless steel weight with elastomeric TPU, taking stress from the club face and creating an additional energy source.  At the same time, locating weight closer to the club face to reduce spin rates, while contributing to a more solid, powerful sensation at impact.

image.png image.png

image.png

For this test we are looking for 4 MGS Forum Members to test the ST 230 long game clubs!

Each tester will select:

1.  ST-X 230 or ST-Z 230 Driver

2.  Two other clubs (select from ST-Z 230 Fairways, ST-Z 230 Hybrids, or Fli-Hi Driving Irons) to fill in the gap to their top iron.

This Test is open to all US Forum Members! 

New to the Forum? Interested in how we select our testers and want to increase your opportunity at being selected in this or future tests? READ MORE HERE!

208 Comments

I loved Mizuno I had in highschool. I had the grallafoy proto (bubba shaft) in it. I could hit a dinner plate with it. I would still have it in the bag if my buddy didn't demolish it. It would be sweet to try out their new tec.

Getting older so anything to get my distance back, haven’t been able to find a 3 wood or 5 wood that I have liked. Would love to give these baby’s a try!

The test I just completed pulls me out of the running for this one, but I gave what I would pick a little thought and I would go with the following: ST-Z 230 9.5 for the driver. ST-Z 230 5 wood and a 4h Fli-Hi driving iron. It would gap in nicely with the rest of the bag as it’s currently configured. As always, for those fortunate enough to be chosen, enjoy this opportunity!

What an awesome opportunity. Big thanks to Mizuno and MGS. Love my Mizuno JPX 919s so would love to add Mizuno to the top of the bag!

I have used many Mizuno Irons and my current set is also Mizuno. BUT I have not had a very successful experience with LONG GAME with Mizuno. Let me try this time and hopefully we can make it a successful experience. I am a senior but I like 55-65g shaft not the lightest ones FYI..

Cheers!

I don't usually get too excited about testing opportunities however, this is one outstanding chance to test out these long game clubs from one of the best and elite club manufacturers in the golf business. Allow me to test these clubs to give feedback as the "everyday" weekend warrior golfer please. Thank you for the opportunity.

Been a Mizuno fan for over 35 years and would love to finally put a Mizuno driver in the bag.

They've been getting growing their driver quality for a few years now and this one could be the one that brings them on par with the big 3 driver makers.

Thanks to Mizuno and MGS for the chance.

Good luck to all who enter and to the winners, may your reviews be deep and enlightening for the rest of us.

MAHALO!!!

I have never tried a Mizuno club, amd I definitely could use a tool to improve my long game.  thanks for the opportunity!  good luck everyone!

The Mizuno drivers were surprisingly good this year when the local course had a demo day. I know Mizuno does not get much attention in the woods space, but the driver at least has made some significant jumps from previous versions I had tried. The driving iron also just looks great, especially the black finish.

I know it's not related but Mizuno are my favorite running shoes (sold them too for 20 years). Planning on replacing my driver this year so this would be fun! Glad to see Mizuno are in the mix.

Gamed the Mizuno Driver last year.  Got it in the limited edition Blue finish.  That was actually the first time I gamed a Mizuno wood and was so impressed I tried their fairway wood too.  Now, it's not fair to judge me for switching them out so quickly, because rarely does a club make it from year to year.  However, I have to say that it was almost as good as the Triple Diamond I'm gaming this season.  

Being as though I play 6 days a week I'd pretty much view myself as the perfect candidate to test these clubs and give you honest feedback.  I play in two leagues on Tuesday and Thursday and the other days are filled with rounds and or practice.  So there will plenty of balls hit with these clubs to deliver an honest opinion of the newest offerings from Mizuno.  I know, for me at least, I'd love to be able to say Mizuno has more to offer than just irons in the "Nothing quite feels like a Mizuno."  

Crossing my fingers, but I never get selected.  Here's to hoping! 

Newt

8 hours ago, poprocksncoke said:

Anybody ever play one of these?  😀

Mizzy.jpg

Is that the old T-Zoid wood?  I know I gamed those for a short period of time.  The Fairway wood at least was money.  I couldn't miss with that thing. 

On 6/14/2023 at 4:59 PM, GolfSpy BOS said:

Very Excited to have Mizuno onboard for member testing this year with a often requested Long Game Test!

While we all know that Mizuno irons are some of the best in the business, but their woods seem to get better and better every year.  This year they look fantastic and I'm looking forward to seeing our testers put the top end of their bags against Mizuno's lineup!

Big thanks to Mizuno for this one! 

Thank you to both Mizuno and MGS for offering this exciting opportunity.  Whomever is selected is going to be one lucky individual is all I can say.   here's to hoping to be selected and for Mizuno to prove that they've arrived finally in the driver and wood space.  

54 minutes ago, BNewton51 said:

Gamed the Mizuno Driver last year.  Got it in the limited edition Blue finish.  That was actually the first time I gamed a Mizuno wood and was so impressed I tried their fairway wood too.  Now, it's not fair to judge me for switching them out so quickly, because rarely does a club make it from year to year.  However, I have to say that it was almost as good as the Triple Diamond I'm gaming this season.  

Being as though I play 6 days a week I'd pretty much view myself as the perfect candidate to test these clubs and give you honest feedback.  I play in two leagues on Tuesday and Thursday and the other days are filled with rounds and or practice.  So there will plenty of balls hit with these clubs to deliver an honest opinion of the newest offerings from Mizuno.  I know, for me at least, I'd love to be able to say Mizuno has more to offer than just irons in the "Nothing quite feels like a Mizuno."  

Crossing my fingers, but I never get selected.  Here's to hoping! 

Newt

Is that the old T-Zoid wood?  I know I gamed those for a short period of time.  The Fairway wood at least was money.  I couldn't miss with that thing. 

Yeah that's the old T-Zoid, had driver and 3w.  Your correct about the 3w, it was money!

On 6/14/2023 at 3:59 PM, GolfSpy BOS said:

Very Excited to have Mizuno onboard for member testing this year with a often requested Long Game Test!

While we all know that Mizuno irons are some of the best in the business, but their woods seem to get better and better every year.  This year they look fantastic and I'm looking forward to seeing our testers put the top end of their bags against Mizuno's lineup!

Big thanks to Mizuno for this one! 

Would love to see how these new Mizuno’s stack up against my TaylorMade line up!! 

Very cool opportunity from MGS and Mizuno! I’ve liked the look of mizuno woods for a few years now, but haven’t tried one out. I’d also find hitting the hybrid driving irons very interesting! Good luck to those who get chosen for this one!

Played Mizuno irons and woods (T-zoids) for years (several years ago).  Still pull them out and play a round when my current clubs (Taylormades) misbehave and have to go into timeout.  Would love to try out their current line.

This Test is now closed to further comments.