Testers Announced! Vokey SM10 Wedges! ×

Waterproof pouch for valuables.

I play a lot of golf in the rain and end up putting my valuables in a ziploc for protection. I'm thinking of creating a waterproof valuables bag similar to valuables bags on the market for golfers now but I'd like to redesign them, add color to make them more attractive. If this product was on the market, would you buy it?

Chris Giolitto

www.mygolflessonbook.com

Helping connect golfers in NY, NJ, CY with golf professionals that fit their learning style.

I've got a hardshell case that has a silicone gasket/ring that I use when we're on the river that floats and is completely water tight.    It's similar to this, and about the same as the medium in size one: http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12527956

I'm imagining your idea as something like this? http://www.amazon.com/Seaforth-Valuables-Pouch-Waterproof-Lined/dp/B00AB1E2F2

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

I use a Seal Line bag when on the river and they do make smaller ones that could be used in a golf bag.  Personally I don't use it on the course though because I have my own cart with a cart cover.  I can always find a dry spot in there if needed.

http://www.cascadedesigns.com/sealline/dry-bags/category

I just don't really see a market for a golf specific waterproof bag.  Most bags already have an internal pocket that doesn't really get wet, and as for the colors I don't think that's a big deal since it would spend most of it's life living in the pocket of a golf bag.

The only chance I see for this to sell would be if someone like a Scotty Cameron, Bettinardi or Miura came out with it and it had their logo.  A company with a very loyal fan base that buys anything and everything that gets released.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

Archived