Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Adjustable Hybrids

Tap-That-In

Do ya'll think that hybrids are trending away from adjust-ability? It looks like the top models this year are not adjustable. I currently play a rocketbalz but wanted to get one that is adjustable for loft and noticed that the top rated ones this year aren't. How does the Rocketbalz stage 2 tour model compair to the Adams, TM SLDR, or any of the better ones in this years class?

I haven't hit many of the newer models, but I did hit the SLDR and it was nice.  i didn't notice the improvement over my current RBZ like I did with the 3w though.  My buddy has last years Cobra adjustable and he really likes it.

Just curious, what are you basing the "top rated" off of?  Rated by where?

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

I can tell you that the Adams XTD and Super series blows the competition out of the water for me. Last TMag hybrid I liked is still in the bag and it's a Rescue11. Hated every iteration of RBZ hybrids

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

I can tell you that the Adams XTD and Super series blows the competition out of the water for me. Last TMag hybrid I liked is still in the bag and it's a Rescue11. Hated every iteration of RBZ hybrids

XTD Ti 16* is a 3 wood killer. I thought T was full of it when he said that hybrids would replace 3 woods in that blog article. After hitting the Super LS 15* and now the XTD Ti hybrids, I believe him.

@bestgrips   @puttershoes

Best Grips is a second generation family business specializing in golf grips! We are the home of the only made in the USA (Texas to be specific) genuine leather golf grips and head covers. No fancy words, pictures or endorsements with BestGrips.com, just the best performing golf grips money can buy!

Check out the new site (www.bestgrips.com)!
Use "golfspy" for free shipping on all U.S. orders over $50!

What's in my BG custom club glove staff bag? Click here.

Current ball of choice: 'Stones three three zero.

XTD Ti 16* is a 3 wood killer. I thought T was full of it when he said that hybrids would replace 3 woods in that blog article. After hitting the Super LS 15* and now the XTD Ti hybrids, I believe him.

That LS couldn't have been legal by the way you described the sound it made lol

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

Have you seen the new XTD Pro hybrids?  They're filthy...

And the LSP I recently put in the bag?  HOLY SMOKES they should've released it to retail.  It's the same size and shape as the original peanut but with a velocity slot and WOW is it awesome.  Let's just say I'm trying to track down the Rescue11's replacement.

In The Bag

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

That LS couldn't have been legal by the way you described the sound it made lol

Yeah. I've decided it was right at COR, but then it was off the tour van, they would probably be mad if they had even a hair off COR.

Best Grips is a second generation family business specializing in golf grips! We are the home of the only made in the USA (Texas to be specific) genuine leather golf grips and head covers. No fancy words, pictures or endorsements with BestGrips.com, just the best performing golf grips money can buy!

Have you seen the new XTD Pro hybrids?  They're filthy...

And the LSP I recently put in the bag?  HOLY SMOKES they should've released it to retail.  It's the same size and shape as the original peanut but with a velocity slot and WOW is it awesome.  Let's just say I'm trying to track down the Rescue11's replacement.

I'm a big fan of Adams. I still have a tour only vst 17* that will probably wind up in the bag when the weather warms up. My 2 iron slot is going to have 3-4 options when I get to playing a lot. I've been admiring the LSP in your bag thread. The LS was an absolute monster. At the end of the year last year I was piping it further than my 3 deep and it is much easier to hit off the deck.

I just got a new tour issue driver and hybrid and kinda wish I had picked up a DHY from them at the same time. 

I'm a big fan of Adams. I still have a tour only vst 17* that will probably wind up in the bag when the weather warms up. My 2 iron slot is going to have 3-4 options when I get to playing a lot. I've been admiring the LSP in your bag thread. The LS was an absolute monster. At the end of the year last year I was piping it further than my 3 deep and it is much easier to hit off the deck.

I just got a new tour issue driver and hybrid and kinda wish I had picked up a DHY from them at the same time. 

I've had the DHY and the Super LS and let me tell you, the LSP is legit.  The DHY, to me, wasn't all that incredibly solid.  The Super LS was solid but too big.  The LSP, though, WOW! I'm telling you, they're worth the now cheap price they're going for.  I had the VST and the DHY as well as the 9031 and Peanuts and this LSP is the best of the bunch for me.   And I'm also an Adams JUNKIE.  Seriously, for the small investment, you really should try one.  I just wished I could find someone around here that could bend hybrids, cause I'd buy a 20 and have it bent to 21 degrees and replace the Rescue11.

In The Bag

Where abouts can you get your hands on the LSP? I thought you guys mentioned it was a tour only edition

Driver: Titleist 907 D2 7.5* Aldila VS Proto Shaft 65 X

Fairway Woods: Titleist 980F 19* Pro Trajectory stock Titleist 4375 R shaft (desperately need to replace)

Irons: Taylormade LT2's 3-PW S300 dynamic golds

Sand Wedge: Vokey 56* 256 10 Oil can 8620 finish True temper shaft

Lob Wedge: Shark 64* wedge True temper shaft

Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport 2 blade, 303 GSS Insert, 35'' 330g 4*L 71*L

Ball: Pro VI

Where abouts can you get your hands on the LSP? I thought you guys mentioned it was a tour only edition

They used to be hard to get.  Now, they're all over ebay under $70 for the head.

In The Bag

How do the new pro hybrids stack up against it?

Fairway Woods: Titleist 980F 19* Pro Trajectory stock Titleist 4375 R shaft (desperately need to replace)

Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport 2 blade, 303 GSS Insert, 35'' 330g 4*L 71*L

Thank you by the way rookie, do have another question though which is something I always think about when going to ebay, is how easy is it to spot a fake with these?

$70 is tempting. Very tempting. I'm really loving my new ti though. That club handles the 240 - 220 range beautifully.

Adams hybrids and woods are deserving of their own thread!

Thank you by the way rookie, do have another question though which is something I always think about when going to ebay, is how easy is it to spot a fake with these?

Adams has yet to confirm a fake of their clubs, so I's say youre a pretty safe bet.

Zalbert, I cover the same gap with mine sort of, mine is 235-245 for me at full length.  When choking down I can vary distance, but its a tight gap for me.

In The Bag

Adams has yet to confirm a fake of their clubs, so I's say youre a pretty safe bet.

Zalbert, I cover the same gap with mine sort of, mine is 235-245 for me at full length.  When choking down I can vary distance, but its a tight gap for me.

I have it set at 17* right now.  Can't decide if I want to go down or maybe a half degree up. I love that about the adjustability. Makes it easy to move around gaps.

Would be very interesting to see a Most Wanted Hybrid next after the fairways :)

Also do you think the new pro mini would be comparable to the LSP?

Would be very interesting to see a Most Wanted Hybrid next after the fairways :)

Also do you think the new pro mini would be comparable to the LSP?

I think the mini is more like the 9031, that really small traditional adams super thin hybrid. 

I haven't hit many of the newer models, but I did hit the SLDR and it was nice.  i didn't notice the improvement over my current RBZ like I did with the 3w though.  My buddy has last years Cobra adjustable and he really likes it.

Just curious, what are you basing the "top rated" off of?  Rated by where?

I got a look at the Golf Digest hot list so that is what I was basing it off of. I want an adjustable one to get it to the right distance to fill the gap between my 4i and 3w. Thanks for all the info guys, any other suggestions to try would be appreciated. 

Rookie how would you compare the XTD ti to the XTD pro.  I hit the XTD ti and it was incredible how easy it was to hit and how far it went.  

Bag: :ping-small:  Hoofer Vantage

Driver: :ping-small:  G25 10.5 Aldila NV 65 S

3 Wood:   :cobra-small:  Fly Z+ 3 Wood 13.5*

Rescue: :adams-small:  XTD ti 18* set to 17* or  :adams-small: Pro 23* 

Irons: :callaway-small:  Apex Pro 4-PW, KBS Tour S, Standard Length and Loft, 2* flat, 

Wedges: :callaway-small: Mack Daddy 2 50* bent to 51*, KBS Tour S

:vokey-small: Spin Milled 56* bent to 55*

:callaway-small: Mack Daddy 2 60* U grind KBS Tour S

Putter: :cameron-small: Futura X5 MOTO

Grips: PURE DTX Green

I got a look at the Golf Digest hot list so that is what I was basing it off of. I want an adjustable one to get it to the right distance to fill the gap between my 4i and 3w. Thanks for all the info guys, any other suggestions to try would be appreciated. 

I would look at the XTD ti. That's what I'm gapping My Driver and 3 iron with. 

Rookie how would you compare the XTD ti to the XTD pro.  I hit the XTD ti and it was incredible how easy it was to hit and how far it went.  

What is the XTD Pro? I've never heard of it.

When you change the loft on the XTD does it change the face angle also?

Unfortunately, yes. If it had independent loft adjustment it would be the greatest club ever made.

What is the XTD Pro? I've never heard of it.

New hybrid they introduced

872C0FF2-E0C7-4EDD-A360-8B11A2CC4C34_zps

Garrigus is SMASHING it

In The Bag

Oh. That's not an xtd. But it looks sweet. Wonder how it compares to the titanium faces, that is usually worth about 10-15 yards.

I bag a 913 hybrid. Honestly, I had no need to adjust it, so haven't played with adjusting it at all. I love the club.

:callaway-small: GBB Epic 10.5&deg - Recoil ES 450 regular

:callaway-small: mini 1.5 14° - Recoil ES 450 regular

:callaway-small: XR OS 16 Hybrid (3-5) - Fubuki AT 55/60 regular shafts

:callaway-small: Apex (6-PW) - Recoil 65 F3 regular shafts 1°flat

:callaway-small: MD4 Tour Chrome wedges (50W/54S/58C) - S200 1°flat

:scotty-small: Futura X 34" - Superstroke Slim 3.0

I bag a 913 hybrid. Honestly, I had no need to adjust it, so haven't played with adjusting it at all. I love the club.

Are you playing the H or the Hd?

Are you playing the H or the Hd?

Hd - I needed the lower spin.

:callaway-small: GBB Epic 10.5&deg - Recoil ES 450 regular

:callaway-small: mini 1.5 14° - Recoil ES 450 regular

:callaway-small: XR OS 16 Hybrid (3-5) - Fubuki AT 55/60 regular shafts

:callaway-small: Apex (6-PW) - Recoil 65 F3 regular shafts 1°flat

:callaway-small: MD4 Tour Chrome wedges (50W/54S/58C) - S200 1°flat

:scotty-small: Futura X 34" - Superstroke Slim 3.0

Archived