Cord Cutters Thread

TSauer

FWIW, the Dish Hopper has a 2TB hard drive (which is like....a lot of hours), can record 16 channels at once, and costs nothing to lease. The UI is nearly perfect IMO.

I know not everyone needs/wants DVR, but this is a heck of a solution for those that do.

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

We don't use the DVR much. It's available if needed. Don't you have to be a Dish subscriber for the hopper? We switched from satellite because our bill was 150 a mont and that was the middle road. After you finsigh the 1st year promo your bill goes up a lot. We called every year to get hem to change it and they never would, so I just told them the stick it. The guy on the phone was an a.. so it was no problem telling him off. If your serious about cutting the cord, do it, it is a way simpler way to watch tv, you get what you want, and don't have to pay crazy amounts for it. If you use an antenna, keep it as high in the house as you can, my upstairs tv gets 42 over the air channels, downstairs I get 30, but I get all he local abc, cbs Fox, NBC with no problem, enough to watch Golf on the weekend. It took a while to finally cut the cord, I'm glad I did. I'll likely never go back to the cord.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

We don't use the DVR much. It's available if needed. Don't you have to be a Dish subscriber for the hopper? We switched from satellite because our bill was 150 a mont and that was the middle road. After you finsigh the 1st year promo your bill goes up a lot.

Yeah so we are a Dish subscriber but the intro rate is good for 2 years then you just renew for another 2 and so on. DirecTV is the one that's only good for 1 year before it jacks up even though you're stuck for 2.

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

I'm pretty sure we've been around the horn on this before.... but,

I've thought about cutting of the cord before but it just didn't make sense to me. I was a 10+ yr. subscriber to Dish Network and it worked great for me. Then ATT starting hounding me to switch to DirectTV with a much better 2 year deal. So I did. It's coming up for renewal later this summer sometime so we'll see.

Personally I couldn't find the perfect combination of streaming services to get what I wanted. Close. And if I recall and compared to DTV I'd spend just around the same. So, I'm still with DTV and tons of channels I don't watch but pay for. I suppose I don't care really. I'd rather have a one stop shop and watch what I want when I want.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Archived