Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

New Year Resolutions

GCSAA Supt

Last year I posted my New Year Golf resolutions and wanted to follow up but couldn't find the post.  So a bit of a follow up:

1.  Get in better shape:  I hired a personal trainer to work on flexibility and over all health.  I'm 5 lbs lighter than last year!

2.  Get my handicap down to 5.  I flirted with 5 at bit in August but slipped in the fall.  I played most of my rounds away from my home course but got to play some wonderful courses.  Many were very long and hard...ended the season at 7.7 index.  The pro at the course I was the GC Super for a long time,  told my at age 71 don't complain!!

3.  Compete for the Senior Club Championship.  Lost it on the first hole....blocked my drive slightly to the right and never found the ball.  Hit my provisional in an un-playable lie and made a 9.   Tournament over....finished with an 81 and followed up with a 76  (Par 70)

4.  Compete for the GC Superintendents Association of New England Senior Championship.   WON IT!!!   Three over for the day...putted great!

I think I'll keep the same goals for 2019 but add one....SHOOT MY AGE.   My home course is a par 70 and my low round there last year was 72.  So it's within reach!!

Jim, The retired GC Super.

Great summary Jim! Keep on trucking out there and kick some butt in this year's senior championship!

My resolutions for golf include:

• Get in better physical shape over-all (no surprise here).
  • Settle down my iron play and get it so it is more reliable-especially with the longer clubs, and hit more greens.
  • Get more comfortable with the "bump-n-run" shot and keep on reinforcing my golf "strength" with continual practice with all wedges.
  • Find that elusive (at least for me thus far) 170-190 club. I think a different hybrid will fill this gap...
  • Play well enough to be in the mid, to low teens consistently.

Probably nothing extraordinary here for many of us with my type of game.

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

I don't really make resolutions per se'. I might make a couple of goals here and there. For golf I'd like break par. I've been close many times but always found a way to ruin it. My GHNN hcp just came out today so I start the year with a 5. It will come back down this coming spring and summer. I'll turn 64 in February so I need to get on with breaking of the par. I think it will be this year.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Great point JLukes!   Forgot to mention that in 2018 I took a series of lessons to correct some flaws in my swing.  Worked on eliminating any lateral movement,  leading my downswing with the left side, and having a consistent setup.  I'll be going back to the same pro for a tune-up this spring.

Jim

Archived