Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Evenflow anyone?

therod

On 1/12/2022 at 6:21 AM, RickyBobby_PR said:

By black riptide assuming you are referring to the riptide and not the riptide lx or mx since there’s no shaft called black riptide.

If it’s just the riptide shaft it’s a lighter and slightly softer feeling evenflow blue. I don’t know the ei profile compared to the blue but in my testing they performed similar but the riptide didn’t feel as boardy in the handle when I got quick with it.

The term soft to flex doesn’t mean anything. Flex only matters with the line and weight of that shaft. 

Hzrdus black 6.0 isn’t the same as evenflow black 6.0

I am looking into getting an Evenflow blue to try as my ventus black I think is forcing me to not swing within myself. You know my swing isn't the best but is there a flex you would recommend at 110 mph? S3 states I should be in a 6.0

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

16 minutes ago, Vegan_Golfer_PNW said:

I am looking into getting an Evenflow blue to try as my ventus black I think is forcing me to not swing within myself. You know my swing isn't the best but is there a flex you would recommend at 110 mph? S3 states I should be in a 6.0

... Just keep in mind it isn't how fast you swing, but how you swing fast. If it is a quick hard load an x flex might work best. If it a smooth transition with an arc load an s flex might work better. And if you are in-between those two, you can always tip the s flex 1" to play between the s and x. I know many repeat this all the time, but getting fit is always a really good idea. Even at a golf store, they should be able to tell you how you are generating your swing speed and make a recommendation for flex. Every shaft is different but they should have shafts with a similar profile to an Even Flow Blue. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

1 hour ago, Vegan_Golfer_PNW said:

No. Because it comes down to how the shaft feels. Basing a decision on swing speed is a very basic starting point and with no standard in flex there’s no correlation between speed and flex. S3 and other sites have to use things like speed, 7i or driver distance to estimate a shaft. It’s almost as good a guess as anyone here saying use X shaft on Y flex.

I can tell you I know guys with your swing speed and were 5 and below handicaps that hated the evenflow blue in 6.0 and 6.5, I know another guy who liked it but wanted a slightly stiffer tip which is basically the evenflow black.

Unfortunatley there’s 3 ways to find a shaft. Blind buy something and try it, go somewhere an demo a bunch of shafts or go get fit.

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

3 hours ago, chisag said:

... Just keep in mind it isn't how fast you swing, but how you swing fast. If it is a quick hard load an x flex might work best. If it a smooth transition with an arc load an s flex might work better. And if you are in-between those two, you can always tip the s flex 1" to play between the s and x. I know many repeat this all the time, but getting fit is always a really good idea. Even at a golf store, they should be able to tell you how you are generating your swing speed and make a recommendation for flex. Every shaft is different but they should have shafts with a similar profile to an Even Flow Blue. 

Tried the stock stealth 2 shaft, Diana a a+ in 60g s. Liked the feel but didn’t hit well since I was rushed and not warmed up with my daughter at DSG. 

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review