2020 Official Member Review: Cleveland RTX Zipcore Tour Rack (RAW) wedges

Our Sponsors

Let's get RAW, shall we?
The new raw/tour rack finish of the RTX Zipcore wedge is made of unplated 8620 carbon steel that will patina and rust after a few weeks of regular use, giving you that signature tour look.

It includes your choice of:
3 sole grinds
5 tour crafted leading edge grinds
2 custom finishes

https://www.clevelandgolf.com/us/wedges-/rtx-zipcore-tour-rack-(raw)-wedge/MRTXZCTR.html

Follow along with our fine group of testers:
@KurtActual
@rbsiedsc
@Brian A
@yungkory
@Cory O

RTX_ZipCore_RAW.jpg

• Like 4

StrokerAce
:tour-edge: EXS 220 HZRDUS Smoke
:cobra-small:  King F7 3w Fujikara 
:callaway-small:  Apex 20 Catalyst 6.0
:callaway-small:  Apex 23 Catalyst 6.0
--------------------------
:srixon-small: Z785 KBS CTaper lite
:cleveland-small:  RTX Zipcore 54/58 
:ping-small: Sigma G Kinloch C 
--------------------------
:918457628_PrecisionPro: nx7 pro rangefinder
:1590477705_SunMountain:  C130 cart bag
Franklin, MA; Right Handed; 10
"the club face sends it, the path bends it..."

• GolfSpy Stroker changed the title to 2020 Official Member Review: Cleveland RTX Zipcore Tour Rack (RAW) wedges
  • Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Z i p k o r e season has arrived!

Well being so close to Cleveland HQ certainly helped this get here so quickly (Huntington Beach, not actually Cleveland). Nice to come home to after a not so great round. Beautiful wedges, alm

Two K/C orys enter, only one can make it out alive.....       Just kidding! Stoked to be testing alongside some new MGS fam! Just got married yesterday, and since we're not going a

Posted Images

[placeholder]

Driver: :callaway-small: Epic Flash SZ with XStiff :Fuji:Pro Black 63 

3W: :callaway-small: Epic Flash SZ with HZRDUS Yellow 6.5 UPRT or PXG 0311X HZRDUS Smoke Black S 2.5* upright

3H: :Sub70: 939X UST proforce V2 black F3 hybrid soft stepped XStiff UPRT setting

4-AW: PXG 0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 1/4" long Unofficial Review

Wedges  54*,60*: :ping-small:  S Tour KBS Tour Stiff 3* up  **Testing :cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid**

Putter: :odyssey-small: Toulon Las Vegas Stroke Lab  34"

Ball: :Snell:or KSigs or :taylormade-small: TP5 pix 2.0

:Arccos:

[placeholder]

Driver  :titelist-small: TS 2, Hzrdus Smoke Black Stiff 9.5* Setting, A2

Fairway Wood:   :ping-small: G30 Stiff Shaft

Hybrid:   :titelist-small: TS2 19* Hzrdus Smoke Black Stiff shaft

Irons:     :titelist-small: 718 AP1 (4-PW) AMT Red Stiff Shafts 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX4 52* 56*

Putter:   :cameron-small: Scotty Cameron Golo 5

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

[placeholder]

Driver: :taylormade-small: SIM Max 10.5 Fujikura Motore X F3 5S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue 65S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50 Mid | 54 Full S-grind | 58 Low Relief Grind Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER5 BGT Stability Tour

Ball: :taylormade-small:TP5

2020 Official Member Review: Cleveland RTX Zipcore Tour Rack (RAW) wedges

Intro

My golf experience has had a lot of ups and downs over the almost 20 years since I first picked up the game seriously in high school. This includes time as a PGA apprentice, giving up the game entirely, playing competitive tournament Screen Golf in South Korea, and recommitting fully to the sport in recent years. Throughout all of that time, wedge play has never been a particular strength and I’ve never been all the picky about the wedges I played.

Back around 2002 or so, I certainly rusted out my wedges as was the fad at the time, in particular a set of Nike Forged ones that wound up looking like they were salvaged from the wreck of the Titanic. After that, though, I switched back and forth on finishes and just played whatever wedges I happened to get my hands on. Most recently, that was a 50/55/60* set from GigaGolf. While not the same design as my GigaGolf irons, they were matched to the loft progression and hit for me fine.

I was excited to be part of the Cleveland RTX Zipcore Tour Rack test for a number of reasons, first being that it would give me the chance to see if a “premium” name-brand wedge really could outperform my current budget options and also to see how they would wind up looking in my bag. Fortunately, there’s no off-season here in SoCal, so as soon as they arrived I was able to put them in play.

Wa6Ukdw6S-49zMLWxbhYs0NtF0-grJ9wu4_kDkSSM8yYzrjDQXu9ukjDODswdFVa8lQ0eSxpa40Xn-QAzI78pXJ5A22vi3BUK9LvQDjWBxJ-XDjhuGUh6XhIUUldSgnQjbcWEVRc

First Impressions

Out of the box, these Zipcores were a gorgeous looking wedge. I appreciated the subtle design elements that SHOULD provide forgiveness even with the classic wedge shape. I also really liked the raw finish look out of the box. I never really liked shiny chrome clubs all that much, so I felt the dulled, muted look on these suited my eye. Part of me really hoped they could stay that way instead of rusting out. I wasn’t fitted for these wedges at all, but instead chose the sole and grind based on how I like to play them, more full shots in the 56* and low bounce on the 60* for versatility. I’ve never had strong opinions about wedge shafts, so the standard DG Spinner shafts that came with these were fine by me.

Grading

Basic Characteristics

18/20

I’m not a good enough ball striker to play pure blade wedges, but I am good enough (or at least vain enough) that I want a more traditional look rather than a full-out game improvement wedge. I think these Cleveland really hit the sweet spot of having enough tech built in to give some forgiveness to the average mid-handicapper, but still with a look and feel that all players can appreciate.

Since this review is more focused on the raw “Tour Rack” finish than anything, I’m going to flip the order a bit and cover the looks more at the end. While everyone can definitely dig into the standard RTX Zipcore reviews for more about performance, I’ll share my experience with them as well. 

On Course Performance

23/25

While I didn’t suddenly become the world’s greatest wedge player with these in the bag, there were some noticeable performance pieces to note. On the 56*, my distance stayed more or less the same as when I was playing the game improvement wedge that was a degree stronger. While my Arccos numbers didn’t strike me as all that great, I was still keeping pace in SG with others at my handicap level on these wedge shots. Additionally, I noticed that these still produced good distance and spin even when struck far off the sweet spot, something that definitely wasn’t the case with player’s wedges I played in the past.

DnHpcQtjX3yMLghLlXqUIVNCY0XcAVtSn1Eq-K-rJujXJZRbwRfCH_mQS0Rk-J1PMcbcQXBPEEMPw3-snmQrxEtpwWL3L4xS-g6VPbX96pBfiPnsCl5E-PvCU5_TXYh344ltUl39

The 60* is where I really found some improved performance and it’s become my go-to utility club around the greens in recent weeks. What I’ve found most surprising is what I can do with it on full swings. Here’s a great example. 

ovHffDQ5kBYDKNN3_aUhHGxjkqlxdegHxfvt9EqL0yElVDnDFJvms_5GCNZnNrAVBD71G52-WDeoZyyuTSNROab66kDcWZcWu5pv_6BadNKh5PyeWYFqkyzanNwj_1YsPOfFSJnJ

I put my drive into a fairway bunker and had 80 yards to the front of the green. The bunker was wet and packed like cement, so I didn’t want to play the high bounce sand wedge. Instead, I pulled the lob wedge, trusting that I could take a full swing with just picking the ball without getting too much under it. Did just that, barely disturbing the sand, and the shot flew pin-high with enough spin to check and pull back to around 5 feet below. I honestly don’t think this shot would have been possible with my old lob wedge which always seemed to get under and catch the ball too high on the face on full swings.

Feel

18/20

I’m not a wedge connoisseur and haven’t ever hit any of the super premium forged wedges out there. That said, I have played Vokey’s in the past and these RTX Zipcores exceed those in the feel department, at least in my memory. I can definitely feel and see where I caught the ball on the face after the shot even if the mishit isn’t too badly punished.

Looks

24/25

Well this is the big moment for these wedges. After a few weeks and plenty of golf, how are they looking with the raw finish? While I didn’t soak them in coca cola or anything, I also wasn’t meticulously cleaning them after every shot, so I think this is a fair gauge for what people playing in dry places like SoCal can expect from this finish.

Here’s what they looked like out of the box:

zw8DvbzKbTrvFbUAjBMoum2ZUzjKvHU7jRvke3CIvUChW9crf5ogxPCogFjcW5MZsr6DGuFRfTzIeYaDibS6Wbd53VE2OYvvo9N5jN5QXwBW2Aik9zRMFYwTuhplxPsc3D_zh68Nd-AsyYv0YM5nD0HFSLE6j-di3773TN0zluuwBCPE7xKUYkbFnnId3pyRSwu4wo8Ni8RZ4_uh-L2AHvvPbRXZxIYjb8kjNbj7yVpbZ3MpJhnrqvBfeFIk092xAK1bufy2GHBm44CH

Here’s after the first week of golf:

f2pJ7vfxgcUAyoR7optJ8wYOE5rn11AHnUm2-RyP3LupIed7Cosws1PzHGbhFfKLWLHO5xq5Z7-ye0p0kr-0ljfw2fN7wGlgy_LXocaL07NT8mBbNIQ5_W2Y5CANIwy9wE9LvE9CWMl8XflQZfBIilPgWzXVEdNwoLrdMXcjbNg1rBgcJ9KQ5_Eml8GPbbTU679ubVHY8GjR6cvkwJ10JDTWPrpgrXawzGaf3Y7PTaAZupQKI-LfL7qjHUlqX163aULJX5-2Av9cL6Bi

_9tAjMhylDVyRHoPDetPBEXeLw-3Gp1kc82rWo09LJ4PV1soBLvQyMWE7N6dtndGzfVxjZS8BiZDi8Dl9ihjvFqBkI1jRAoQuDwu5shJ2FdfY-rRkfdvPJZTjoOP93KblfThw9yDVZ1Jcn69Wa_Ckmb8rWYxyHEPG69IO6L11-7uZ_o96ql_krf3rwty0sdCKUI8pAeXyn_fuYQVDcFWluC7XkSlb7gunHSeUrdP7-Xqz_C3mDy_Dp-Hoj2kuhHwnmbdRHtD6R5lwg2K

And here’s what they look like today:

OXTCKNXnbud4Z3zBWbXK_gDxiT18QFm41pU_91o1MP0mEMO1C9jsycK7KTqvxpDsOMx5yFf6onOiOtt5NsNlbSXC9VpuTSktktRaOdtLjPHJVQe2peTbZtXxf9g2Ef3Tj6wYcVEM5z8sJBAfJsQW4XXlK3mDBbVT5Lasb5rxZDwnQrvazDLwo7XHRbceLe5vqzzeHrsylYQpI5aaAIwttr_NrRbcSKtcjR1mJ3J2hP4nD1W-Bf1aQ-7a5FbbUpitRTXevxu_0ssBDzXv

As you can see, they are definitely looking broken in, but nothing that I would really call “rust”, just a few slightly darkened patina marks, but otherwise the looks have stayed the same which is a major plus for me. I’m confident that any noticeable marks and scuffs on the clubs would have been just as bad or worse with chrome or satin finishes and were mostly caused by the rough and rocky bunker conditions currently at my course. We’ll see if testers playing in more humid conditions have a different result, but for me the look has stayed better than I had expected.

The big question for me is whether or not getting the “Tour Rack” finish is worth the extra $20 Cleveland is currently charging above the standard finishes. I somewhat doubt that it actually costs them more to produce these wedges, so the premium is most likely because they think they can get it. If it was my own money, I probably would have just gone with the standard satin, but given the choice between the three for the same price, I would definitely stick with the raw.

Play it or Trade it

10/10

These are definitely in the bag, in fact the old wedges were sold off a week ago. My only question now is if I need to get another one to get the gapping right at the bottom of my bag or if I can handle it with different shot types. Right now I’m leaning towards the latter as I’m enjoying keeping the bag light.

Conclusion

93/100

The RTX Zipcore is a great performing wedge for me. While I can’t compare it to other big brand wedges of the same level, for mid-handicap players looking to replace game improvement or set wedges certainly wouldn’t go wrong by upgrading to the Zipcores. They have a great look and perform well. I have to imagine that how the Tour Rack finish turns out will be unique to every player that has them and in a way that’s pretty cool, really making it your wedge. Everyone will have to decide for themselves if the raw finish is worth the extra cost, but I’m definitely happy that I wound up with them to test.

• Like 1

Driver: Honma TW747 460 VIZARD 50 S-flex
7 wood: Honma TW747
Irons: TaylorMade M Gloire 6-AW Fujikura Speeder SR-Flex
Wedges: (testing) Cleveland RTX Zipcore Raw 56*/60*
Putter: SeeMore Mini Giant Deep Flange 34”

“Golf is a good walk enhanced”

Both of these finishes look so good. What did everyone go with for loft and grinds?

• Like 4

Follow my overall Vegan transition here

Check out my reviews

:ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:titelist-small: TS2 9.5 - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:adams-small: 2H VST - Super Idea S Matrix Kujoh S-Flex

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ 

:titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 - Nippon Modus 125

:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W

:titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

49 minutes ago, Lacassem said:

Both of these finishes look so good. What did everyone go with for loft and grinds?

I went 54 full with the s shaped rounded edge and 58 mid with heel and toe relief and rounded edge. I play in the PNW and having some bounce and versatility will hopefully be helpful. 

• Like 4

3W: :callaway-small: Epic Flash SZ with HZRDUS Yellow 6.5 UPRT or PXG 0311X HZRDUS Smoke Black S 2.5* upright

3H: :Sub70: 939X UST proforce V2 black F3 hybrid soft stepped XStiff UPRT setting

Wedges  54*,60*: :ping-small:  S Tour KBS Tour Stiff 3* up  **Testing :cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid**

Hey everyone and thank you to MGS and Cleveland golf for selecting me to test these clubs out.  I figured I’d introduce myself while waiting for the clubs to come in.  

My name is Randy and I hail from the great PNW. I am a vegan and a PhD chemist so this Raw testing is up my alley. I am not new to golf but more so new to searching for consistency in my game. Up until the last year, everything I had was used and never fit to me. Now my wedges are the last thing that aren’t new and weren’t full fit to me ( lie angle is fit, that’s about it). 

I currently game Ping Tour S 54/12 and 60/TS wedges. My 54 is my go to pitcher to anything under 70 yards and full shots around 115 or so. My 60 is a club I go back and forth on as I never could full trust it for full shots due to the thin sole ( I would dig a lot). I recently started working on more short game with it and will try to utilize It more for those purposes. I am also working on “using the bounce” to get more consistency from my short game.

Here is some work I put in with the 60 yesterday. 

6D8CBDD9-03EE-43C8-AAA2-2A692CFE8B61.jpeg.fc04e750be267ff8fd42f34331ff7706.jpeg

And from uphill with the 54

F0CBDCAA-9168-4E47-93E5-9470B4150226.jpeg.fc061803a363a9dab0c7c3151457a9af.jpeg

Safe to say I’m getting there.

I alternate between the 54 and 60 from the sand depending on lie and loft needed to clear the edge. I don’t hit a lot of GIRs so my short game has to carry me. Having the chance to test these new wedges out now gives me more reason to really focus. 

A31709F5-5FF8-46FE-B7C0-28060CD0553F.jpeg.6f3b3941bfa845734adf039dea94962e.jpeg

7E79F125-6427-4398-AEC1-41073C28517D.jpeg.b6a7e8724c0010b40a5a1eaa6b6b4f39.jpeg

A35EA286-F0B0-4296-B01E-278131B9EBF6.jpeg.6dbf3efda7d0cd19a9de09df1cc65c4a.jpeg

35E73009-8BE7-4A9D-9A8B-648D9978C15E.jpeg.4a98209c37902139547cdfec12b6ea5e.jpeg

For this test, I went with the 54/full with an s-shaped grind and rounded edge to help with bunker play but still allow me full shot versatility. I also went with a 58/mid with heel and toe relief and a rounded edge to help with touch shots on the green and give me a full shot option. I am curious how the stock spinner shaft will work for me  I am a simple kbs tour guy through and through, so this will be a nice experiment. I know other reviewers on the original zip cores were not impressed with it. All in all, it will come down to feel as these are touch clubs.

695D94B9-3DDC-46E4-98C2-4C967DDAA732.jpeg.99b449868650db4ad67ff7f91d75e56b.jpeg

D1E5D80D-7EB0-4AFF-9279-0A08F32DA712.jpeg.20340ccd8359264c9375b604942939e2.jpeg

I also don’t full feel comfortable with 60* so dropping to 58 and giving me 4* gaps in my wedges will hopefully give me better distance control. I am excited for this test so see how the Cleveland’s stack up to my 9 yr old wedges and to see how the raw finish helps on sunny days. My Ping’s glare so much I’m surprised my eyes haven’t been dun burned. 

CACA4FB8-3B9B-4722-9F19-101FDC472865.jpeg.424a3c58613a31403199adcb35f47f71.jpeg

I find it interesting how the raw trend came to be with wedges as we always wanted clean grooves to improve friction on spin. The idea of Fe2O3 (rust) adding to the coefficient of friction makes some sense since it should increase the surface area to grab the ball. 

510B35A4-14F0-474D-9C91-7D72710BBF4B.jpeg.dcc6bfa623cc6ddfd982a07e05f7fe97.jpeg

If it all merely flakes off and does not adhere to the surface of the club face, I could see that actually poorly affecting the friction. As some MGS testing prior has shown, raw wedges really don’t add more spin. We will see if the Zipcore design can get past that. For certain, if the patina cuts down on glare and these perform the same as my old wedges, that will be huge for me as strike quality will go up since I can actually focus on fitting the ball on not being blinded.

image.gif

I hope my preference for wedges now is how I used to like my meat, RAW.

image.gif.448cc1df6770b13947db0f6ab996c0cb.gif

Edited by rbsiedsc
  • Like 7

Really excited to be part of the test! A bit about me, my name is Cory (if you didn't guess) and I'm living in Southern California (yay for no off-season). I'm playing golf 4-5 times a week these days, recently joining a country club so I can squeeze in hour-ish nine holes during early morning and lunch. I'd describe my style of play as "scrappy" as my swing is usually worse than my handicap would suggest, but I rarely make major mistakes and blow up holes/rounds. My wedge play is a part of that, never spectacular, but never cover-your-eyes horrible.

My current wedges are essentially the "set wedge" for my irons from GigaGolf, although they have a different head design:
3BRGBQrfkcWIV4HOBm-Je0ubLpDhRiFZK17SigpjTXSLZA8zS1f1rJl3NSFfrQJYQBSN8h3SMPEfkvo2rmPZN7pbt1n_j2SFZtA-fK4GuuTWaA1Wo-JT4uk9dmIkCAbS6IldsPa6YUJeALHPjb0UPrHP8IlLZgbtdnFx4-9lEnMmb1vDCntDsl6c1x30RRSvQzlQbWQseJklQDAzvWnIKZIJxoDRZ_U_DtuK2W-ltfzTDY6fd0DDw7yByuvkcixpJoHwSdhWto2AtI9YyfCTIwXUQkBOjNqToVWF-CSfbYj4n6WUDAV84uEvIjtdG1xFQAf_ZsMR_UorPTtRp08a8QyosbT88EEYrZ-teYzZ7ZNr8UUaW3CzK8G8W1J1rnKjndPMkfZAy-nQZZ34RJKmTxT8Dsq8IBqArv4lnu0rkWUhBvwXVYg40jsDSLPkdVDCk9UwnCT_OXSXuq0HfP5etUYt2sQiJiEoarQOkuW58UsYX7Zdq_nMZcX73MTfBxVpFG42ZCUubj_ww8qwylN6fp9ZGO9W-66INUog7ZyoXtjvdYZX32LKu1S0CNBG6cYPpiC2pnA04GbhLrad1x0tOHKC82zwtx1DgHSnS7xBIp1tQ0f5KSaQXCo64WTHu0vEnhEVt1BIpiSt8F7bCLbm-gIVDx-nCjANu97qFmEZBswwwXW1P--mIGXqgCTWbA=w703-h937-no?authuser=0

They are "game improvement" with a cavity behind the sole. They get the job done though and have good gapping from my PW (45*) through the wedges (50*/55*/60*).

Prior to these, I had some Cleveland CG11's that were good, but getting a bit worn. I've always had good experiences with Cleveland and hope that the RTX Zipcores will give me the balance I want between forgiveness and versatility.

On to the raw finish, I'm approaching it with an open mind. Back when I was 20, I had Nike forged wedges that I allowed to rust, that being the "cool" style at the time. Perhaps this will let me recapture a bit of my youth, but I'm certainly not expecting any performance differences between the new finish and once it gets the patina.

Here's what I selected for my wedges:

Loft: 56 Loft: 60
  Sole Grind: FULL Sole Grind: LOW
  Tour Crafted Sole Grind: S-SHAPED Tour Crafted Sole Grind: RELIEF EDGE
  Tour Crafted Leading Edge: STANDARD Tour Crafted Leading Edge: SHARPENED
  Finish: HAND POLISHED Finish: HAND POLISHED

The opposite grinds and edges on the two wedges is intentional as I see both as specialty tools. I like a bigger bounce on my sand wedge for fluffy lies or when things are a little wet in my early morning rounds. For the lobber, I want that to be lower bounce/sharper so I can lay it open when needed (something I'm not really able to do well with my current one).

Looking forward to reporting back as the test gets started!

• Like 6

Driver: Honma TW747 460 VIZARD 50 S-flex
7 wood: Honma TW747
Irons: TaylorMade M Gloire 6-AW Fujikura Speeder SR-Flex
Wedges: (testing) Cleveland RTX Zipcore Raw 56*/60*
Putter: SeeMore Mini Giant Deep Flange 34”

“Golf is a good walk enhanced”

3 hours ago, Lacassem said:

super excited to be picked, I was honestly at my local big box store looking at these the day before I was announced as a tester, glad I didn’t have my current wedges to trade in! 

I picked 56* and 60* low bounce, relief edge, rounded and hand polished. 

My current set is the RTX4 52*/56* mid bounce. My major miss is always blading it. I already have some sim time scheduled to compare spin rates and distances. Have a couple weekly rounds I plan on putting these in play 

I went with the 60* instead of the 52* on this as i needed something shorter and to be able to stick a short sided green. 

• Like 6

Driver  :titelist-small: TS 2, Hzrdus Smoke Black Stiff 9.5* Setting, A2

Fairway Wood:   :ping-small: G30 Stiff Shaft

Hybrid:   :titelist-small: TS2 19* Hzrdus Smoke Black Stiff shaft

Irons:     :titelist-small: 718 AP1 (4-PW) AMT Red Stiff Shafts 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX4 52* 56*

Putter:   :cameron-small: Scotty Cameron Golo 5

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

Excited to follow this one, my golf pro shop just got them in not too long ago and they look great. I am looking to add the 60 and Cleveland Zipcore could fill that spot nicely. 

• Like 2

:ping-small: G410 LST 10.5* :Fuji:  Ventus Black 6X

PXG Gen2 0341X 14* Hzrdus Smoke Yellow 70X

:titelist-small: TS2 18* Hzrdus Smoke 70X

:Sub70: 699U 22* KBS Tour 130X

:Sub70: CB 5,6 Dynamic Gold X100

:Sub70: MB 7-PW Dynamic Gold X100

:mizuno-small: T20 50*, 56*,60* Dynamic Gold S400

:EVNROLL: ER2 34” 

:Snell: MTB-X

:Clicgear:  3.5+ Push Cart

:Arccos: Caddie Smart Sensors

excited to see some reviews.  These wedges look incredible.  

Edited by JScott
  • Like 1

:titelist-small: TS2 10.5 Fujikura Ventus Red 6X

:titelist-small: TS2 16.5 degree Graphite Design Tour AD DI-6

:titelist-small: U510 3 iron Graphite Design Tour AD

:titelist-small: U500 4 iron Project X Smoke 

:titelist-small: TS100s 5-P Nippon Modus 3 

:vokey-small: SM 8 50, 54, 58

:cameron-small: Special Select Square Back 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Left Dash 

Congrats to all the testers! Will definitely be following along as I may be looking at some new wedges to replace my *gasp* bombtech wedges lol

• Haha 2

Driver : :callaway-small: Rogue SZ Evenflow 6.0 Stiff

Woods : TESTING :benhogan-small: GS53 3 Wood

Hybrids: :callaway-small: XR Project X Stiff (3&4)

Irons : :callaway-small: Mavrik True Temper Elevate 95 Stiff Steel (5-PW,AW)

Wedges : Bombtech 52,56,60

Putter : :taylormade-small:Spider Red

Bag : Datrek lightweight cart bag

Ball :  :taylormade-small: TP5x 

Rangefinder : TecTecTec DXLS

SoCal, USA

Right handed HDCP 15.1

Kanibi CBD Products Tester

Two K/C orys enter, only one can make it out alive.....

Just kidding! Stoked to be testing alongside some new MGS fam! Just got married yesterday, and since we're not going anywhere due to C-19 I'll have plenty of time to grind out some practice. LFG!!!!

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

Driver: :taylormade-small: SIM Max 10.5 Fujikura Motore X F3 5S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue 65S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50 Mid | 54 Full S-grind | 58 Low Relief Grind Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER5 BGT Stability Tour

Ball: :taylormade-small:TP5

8 minutes ago, yungkory said:

Just kidding! Stoked to be testing alongside some new MGS fam! Just got married yesterday, and since we're not going anywhere due to C-19 I'll have plenty of time to grind out some practice. LFG!!!!

I know this ain't part of the thread, but congratulations on getting married! I wish the two of you many years of happiness.

As far as the testing goes, I'll be curious what you guys think of the spinner shaft. I had it in the Bridgestone and loved it on partial shots, full shots tended to launch high and go shorter than expected. 

• Like 2
14 hours ago, yungkory said:

The-6th-Day-2-Adams.jpg.dc6b7171907865285ef9be76106ad7a7.jpg

• Haha 2

Driver : :callaway-small: Rogue SZ Evenflow 6.0 Stiff

Woods : TESTING :benhogan-small: GS53 3 Wood

Hybrids: :callaway-small: XR Project X Stiff (3&4)

Irons : :callaway-small: Mavrik True Temper Elevate 95 Stiff Steel (5-PW,AW)

Wedges : Bombtech 52,56,60

Putter : :taylormade-small:Spider Red

Bag : Datrek lightweight cart bag

Ball :  :taylormade-small: TP5x 

Rangefinder : TecTecTec DXLS

SoCal, USA

Right handed HDCP 15.1

Kanibi CBD Products Tester

Enjoy, y'all! I have these in the bag and they are EXCELLENT! Looking forward to reading your reviews!

• Like 3

Ping G410 LST 9º | Tensei CK Orange 60 X
Ping G410 3W 14.5º | VA Composites Drago 75 X
Ping G410 3H 19º | KBS Tour Hybrid Proto 95 X
Ping G410 4H 22º | KBS Tour Hybrid Proto 95 X
Srixon Z785 5-PW | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Cleveland RTX ZipCore Tour Rack 50, 54, 60 (Mid) | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400

Evnroll ER5 | BGT Stability Tour
Bridgestone Tour B X

Had another round with my current wedges and had a couple holes again where my eyes nearly got burned from the glare. Really hopeful these raw wedges take care of that problem and retain performance with the patina. Getting more pumped for these to come in.

• Like 2