Message added by STUDque

FINAL Standings:

Final.png

NOTE: If you want to catch up quickly, check the first post in this thread for key links and week-by-week summaries.

Our Sponsors

I'm gonna challenge [mention=85402]B.Boston[/mention] this week. I figure with 7 straight losses for the Red Sox, now is a good time to jump in and join the "Beat on Boston" party!

It’s hockey and basketball playoffs right now... the football will be on.

The Red Sox are doomed. But while they lost 7 in a row I em have won 7 of my 8 challenges. I hope you don’t go into this thinking you’re going to get an AAA effort from me. IMG_1653.GIF
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4 ALUMNUS

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver 10.5 - Ventus Blue 6X

:cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S

:cobra-small: Speedzone 4-Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - PX LZ 6.5

:cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12 Classic, 56.10 Versatile, 60.04 Widelow - Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B

:Snell: MTB-X vs :bridgestone-small: Tour B X

:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 HD Slope

#cuetheduckboats

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And now, the time has come. Dare I say, this challenge has been the best one yet. It's feedback from the competitors and fans like this that have really driven the challenge to another level. Thanks t

Before I get any further into this introduction, I first want to say a big THANK YOU to Cobra/Puma/Arccos and MyGolfSpy. Not only is this one of the biggest and best testing opportunities on the MGS F

I’m Dave Hains, my friends call me “Hammer” and you know me here as HeadHammer or as I have recently been monikered - The Quiet Assassin. I’ve always been a fan of everything COBRA. As a young boy I w

Posted Images

27 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

this week's challenge is pretty easy to follow the rules for.  just sayin...

#cuetheduckboats

Following the rules isn't the problem. Im just not good enough to not use all my clubs 😉 

• Like 4
Driver: :taylormade-small: M5 9.5* head set to 8* loft 3*open, weights set slightly lower Launch and fade bias
3 wood: :taylormade-small: M1 13.5* Head set open w/ Fade bias weights. 
Irons: :ping-small: I-Blades PW-3i, 2* up standard length.
Wedges: :ping-small:Glide 1.0 TS 60*, :ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 ES, :titelist-small:Vokey 52* 
Putter: :ping-small: Sigma G Kushin .
Ball: Various: :titelist-small: AVX, :bridgestone-small: B X, and currently testing the Vice Pro + Neon just for fun
12 minutes ago, gavinski91 said:

I'm gonna challenge @B.Boston this week. I figure with 7 straight losses for the Red Sox, now is a good time to jump in and join the "Beat on Boston" party!

Nine straight going back to last season. 

• Like 4

P790s/M5 Driver/F9 3wood/F9 hybrid/MG2 wedges/Ardmore putter

How's everyone going to keep track of which clubs they used for the challenge?  Being the accountant that I am, I'm thinking about tracking it on an Excel spreadsheet on my phone as I go.

827347222_ClubTracking.png.978717086ea20762358b5c91a913b24e.png

• Like 6

Driver: PXG 0811 X Gen 2
3 Wood: Taylormade SIM
3 Utility Iron: Srixon U85
4i – AW: Taylormade P760
SW: Vokey SM7 M Grind
LW: Cleveland RTX 4 X-Low
Putter: Ping Vault Oslo

@GolfSpy STUDque, do you have to take 14 clubs out or can you be "creative" with your set before you start?

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

In my :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag:

Driver:    :cobra-small: King F9 9° - LH - Atmos Blue TS 6 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
               :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3 Hybrid - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
Irons:      :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 4-PW - True Temper XP95 Reg
Wedges: :cobra-small: King Black - LH - 52° 56° 60° -True Temper XP95 Reg
Putter:    :rife-putters-1: Two Bar Hybrid
Ball:        :titelist-small: Pro V1

Tracked By: :Arccos:

Follow me on Twitter @ham12_hampton and on Instagram @Nunfa0 for the #cobraconnectchallenge3

23 minutes ago, goaliewales14 said:

How's everyone going to keep track of which clubs they used for the challenge?  Being the accountant that I am, I'm thinking about tracking it on an Excel spreadsheet on my phone as I go.

I am printing out a paper from excel. I am a little more organized with a printed sheet. I have a pre plan for each hole....we all know that sh!t is out the window though after I duff an 8 iron on the par 3 I intended on hitting the green on though lol 

pretty sure I have the yardage book from the course I’ll be playing need to double check

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Follow my overall Vegan transition here

Check out my reviews

:ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:titelist-small: TS2 9.5 - Project X HZRDUS RDX Blue 6.5

:taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:adams-small: 2H VST - Super Idea S Matrix Kujoh S-Flex

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ 

:titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 - Nippon Modus 125

:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W

:titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

21 minutes ago, goaliewales14 said:

That's a good idea. I was also thinking stickers on the soles. Hit shot, put sticker, put away. Once you make it through, take the stickers off one at a time. Make it through again, put stickers back on....hopefully as few times as possible.

9 minutes ago, Nunfa0 said:

@GolfSpy STUDque, do you have to take 14 clubs out or can you be "creative" with your set before you start?

14 max. Be as creative as you'd like. You thinking of doing Phil's 2 driver technique?

Note to competitors: you guys still have to stick with your challenge Cobra set.

• Like 7
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

Something similar to that but not by hole. So I’ll have the clubs down the left and “first use, second use, third use, 4th use, 5th use arias the top. Once a while column I checked I know I’m reset. From what I was looking at you’ll probably use each club around 4 times in the round.

Keeps the chart smaller and I’ll have arccos to do the summary by hole.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 5

:cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12 Classic, 56.10 Versatile, 60.04 Widelow - Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

#cuetheduckboats

18 minutes ago, yungkory said:

I was planning on throwing them into the lake after each shot, but this works better.

By lake...you mean Pacific Ocean?

• Haha 4

2020 MGS Hard Rock Challenge

SkyCaddie SX400
OGIO Silencer:  Followed by Arccos
:ping-small: G410+, Tensei Orange
:nike-small: Vapor Fly 3, Diamana Blue, Covert 2.0 3H, Kuro Kage Black
:wilson-small:
Wilson D7 Irons 4-GW,  Dynamic Gold AMT
:ping-small: Glide  52, 56 ES
:EVNROLL: ER2
:titelist-small: -ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Old school for me! Similar to @B.Boston I'll just mark the column with hole used number as I go, and when a column is full, I can start over. I do think I'll be putting with an actual putter, however, but that strategy could go out of the window if I really need to.

1240381749_Scan2020-08-1715_28_09.jpg.ab03ca60cc85eea2538e570344a0b411.jpg

• Like 7

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 9.7 (Last Updated Nov. 27, 2020)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Mavrik (9°), 45.75", Aldila Rogue White 60 (130 MSI) X-Stiff
17° Hybrid:
callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Super Hybrid, 41.5", Mitsubishi MMT Hybrid 80 TX
18.5° Driving Iron: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2016 Model), 39.5", Mitsubishi MMT Utility 105 TX
21° Hybrid:
callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Epic Flash, 40", Mitsubishi MMT Hybrid 80 TX
4-AW:  
Sub70_Logo_WhtBlk.jpg.aee386374adf9afd31a02b989c839f9d.jpg Sub70 699 (4-6)/699 Pro (7-AW) Combo Set, 1° Flat, 37" 7 Iron, Mitsubishi MMT Taper 105 TX
54°, 58°:
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING MIM Black, 1° Flat, 35.5", 35.25", Mitsubishi MMT Wedge 105 TX
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3°
Grips: 
lamkin.png.5081890e009ae78e16066ee0fd18b7c0.png Lamkin Sonar Tour
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: :Arccos: Arccos / Cobra Connect
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: :CaddyTek: CaddyTek Caddylite EZ V8

WITB? | 2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

Just now, JohnSmalls said:

By lake...you mean Pacific Ocean?

We have some nice man-made lakes, haha! Call me a hippie, but I'd never throw a club into the ocean -- gotta try and keep it nice and clean for future generations.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

Driver: :taylormade-small: SIM Max 10.5 Fujikura Motore X F3 5S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue 75S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50 Mid | 54 Full S-grind | 58 Low Relief Grind Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1, 34.5", BGT Stability Tour, 71* lie angle, Press II 3* Grip | :EVNROLL: ER5 BGT Stability Tour

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B X

7 minutes ago, GolfSpy STUDque said:

That's a good idea. I was also thinking stickers on the soles. Hit shot, put sticker, put away. Once you make it through, take the stickers off one at a time. Make it through again, put stickers back on....hopefully as few times as possible.

14 max. Be as creative as you'd like. You thinking of doing Phil's 2 driver technique?

Note to competitors: you guys still have to stick with your challenge Cobra set.

I was thinking of drawing on my 4 club challenge experience and only using 7 clubs plus putter but maybe I will take out all of my sticks...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

In my :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag:

Driver:    :cobra-small: King F9 9° - LH - Atmos Blue TS 6 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
               :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3 Hybrid - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
Irons:      :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 4-PW - True Temper XP95 Reg
Wedges: :cobra-small: King Black - LH - 52° 56° 60° -True Temper XP95 Reg
Putter:    :rife-putters-1: Two Bar Hybrid
Ball:        :titelist-small: Pro V1

Tracked By: :Arccos:

Follow me on Twitter @ham12_hampton and on Instagram @Nunfa0 for the #cobraconnectchallenge3

13 minutes ago, GolfSpy STUDque said:

so our FULL set? otherwise the genius mind of @Nunfa0 might be on to something.  I could see myself going at this with something like

DR, 5W, 6, 8, PW, 52, 60. But i'd really have to take a look at the holes and see if it would be worth it to turn over my inventory of clubs more frequently.

• Like 3

#cuetheduckboats

2 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

so our FULL set? otherwise the genius mind of @Nunfa0 might be on to something.  I could see myself going at this with something like

DR, 5W, 6, 8, PW, 52, 60. But i'd really have to take a look at the holes and see if it would be worth it to turn over my inventory of clubs more frequently.

You have to use your full set because you're reviewing the full set. Sorry 🙂

That's a common theme throughout is we want you guys looking very closely at everything Cobra has to offer this year so you can provide an honest and credible opinion.

• Like 7

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

19 minutes ago, GolfSpy STUDque said:

To clarify, and to Bryan’s suggestion ... we can remove a few clubs from the set, only to cycle thru our ‘full bag’ faster? If so, I’d likely remove all my odd numbered irons and give it a go. 

• Like 3

The 🙌🏼

10 minutes ago, Nunfa0 said:

I was thinking of drawing on my 4 club challenge experience and only using 7 clubs plus putter but maybe I will take out all of my sticks...

I recommend only Driver and putter Nunfa0   

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

#COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4  The ONLY One Length Contestant!  Follow me on Twitter and Instagram and Facebook #TeamCobraONE

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 10.5* Driver 14gm wieght in back, 14.5* Fairway,  18.5* Fairway   All with Tensei CK Blue R set to +1* draw.

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 21.5* Hybrid Project X CATALYST 80 6.0

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 5 + 6   KBS Tour 80 R

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE 7, 8, 9  KBS Tour 90 R                                     Lamkin Crossline Cord Connect Black Mid-size plus 2 wraps

:cobra-small: SpeedZoneONE P, G, S  KBS Wedge

:cobra-small: King Black ONE 60*  VO8*      True Temper Dynamic Gold Black

:cameron-small:  Special Select Newport 2  34" :scotty-small: Matador grip                                                                                

:bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS  Align XL    All in a :cobra-small:  Masters Staff Bag  or  SpeedZone stand bag

:titelist-small: Staff Bag  Full set of :titelist-small: Clubs on sidelines for at least 8 weeks of COBRACONNECTCHALLENGE4 #MGSCOBRA2020

Tested :bridgestone-small: Prototype Balls       Tour B RXS                Tested:image.png.8e77a45b1fe8c9cfb7c2a61386f855a5.pngBlack Cat irons 5 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Graphite Regular +0.5" 1* upright                         

:Arccos:                                                                                                                                                                      697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

You have to use your full set because you're reviewing the full set. Sorry
That's a common theme throughout is we want you guys looking very closely at everything Cobra has to offer this year so you can provide an honest and credible opinion.

Haha no need to be sorry. I have been enjoying all of these clubs! (As long as the hybrid keeps away from the left ball).

Just need to bring a good plan and hope the ball striking is good this week!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 5

#cuetheduckboats

23 minutes ago, GolfSpy STUDque said:

Stickers??? I suggest Mr. Miyagi’s method of marking the clubs ... 

EC5372DC-7BEE-4EBF-B7A5-21247484D6B9.gif

• Haha 4

The 🙌🏼

I am 

image.gif.e0df42ba034607c65ce150a2657a8c8e.gif

this challenge is brutal! But ya know what 14 clubs we are gonna get this thing done. If not for anything else but a good laugh at having to hit a 5 iron from a green side bunker (hopefully we don’t come to that). 
hopefully @B.Boston can get a good clip of some of my markisms going to be plenty of F bombs cut out.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

Follow my overall Vegan transition here

Check out my reviews

:ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:titelist-small: TS2 9.5 - Project X HZRDUS RDX Blue 6.5

:taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:adams-small: 2H VST - Super Idea S Matrix Kujoh S-Flex

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ 

:titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 - Nippon Modus 125

:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W

:titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸