Maybe we should pay more attention to the L-PGA vs the P-GA?

StrokerAce

Hopefully you had a chance to watch the Women's PGA Championship last weekend. 

https://www.kpmgwomenspgachampionship.com/news-media/ruoning-yin-wins-2023-kpmg

If not, you missed out on some great ... and I mean great ... golf.

If you want to see technique, ball striking, rhythm, timing - all of that stuff that makes a tremendous golf swing it's on the LPGA.

Don't get me wrong - the guys on the PGA tour have it too but their athleticism covers up for some, let's say, quirks in their swings. 

In no way am I comparing amateur male golfers to LPGA tour players and coming up with an equivalency. I want to make this absolutely crystal clear. These ladies are extraordinary athletes that would wipe the floor with even plus handicap ams.

But - if you're like me - and you try to pick up on things while you watch a tournament I see a lot more I can relate to, and learn from, in an LPGA tournament.

Not to mention they are some mind-boggling out-of-this-world ball strikers. 
Check out this stat from the LPGA Championship winner-

image.png.b874e026d3b869caacad04479b7181ed.png

THIRTY SEVEN GIR IN A ROW. Can you even imagine that? 

Sure it's awesome to see Rory and the boys drive it 382, 374, hit par 4s in one, etc. That's entertaining. But if you want to learn, really learn something you can take away and incorporate into your own game - strategy, swing technique, etc. - these tournaments are awesome and fun to watch as well.

Now if the networks actually gave the LPGA a bit more respect and televised their tournaments on the same level....

Driver-  Titleist  TSR3 10*
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*
Irons- Titleist 718 AP2 (5i-50*)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Wilson Infinite Grant Park
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

check this thread out - 

LKD

@LukeKerrDineen

In her last 8 rounds she’s averaging almost 85% of fairways (!!) at 265ish. For context, that means Rose is hitting it like ~15 yards longer than those who are comparable to her in accuracy. But she’s also hitting ~10% more fairways than those comparable to her in distance.

I can't wrap my head around this. It's like she never misses. 

Driver-  Titleist  TSR3 10*
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*
Irons- Titleist 718 AP2 (5i-50*)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Wilson Infinite Grant Park
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

I rarely watch pro golf on TV, but when I do, it's usually more LPGA than PGA. I pay more attention to their swings and course management than I do to golfers on the PGA tour. 

In my Big Max hybrid bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:wilson_staff_small: D200 6i-GW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:maxfli: Tour S

I'm a big fan of Min Jee Lee's swing and approach to the game. She's so automatic it is unbelievable. And they play at like 6,400 yds which is much more relevant to me as their speeds and distances are similar to mine (unfortunately my dispersion is WAAAAY bigger). 

:mizuno-small: STZ 230 9.5*/STZ 230 Hybrid 21.25*/ Pro Fli-Hi 21* ➖ MALTBY TS1-IM 5-GW ➖ :benhogan-small: Equalizer II 54* / Carnoustie 60* ➖ L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 
Maxfli Tour X Official Review -- https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63068-testers-announced-maxfli-tour-x-golf-balls-with-max-align-technology/?do=findComment&comment=1021832

I never get the more relevant to the me stance or more relevant to the men. As mentioned in the OP they will destroy very good amateur men golfers. I know people from a previous forum that have had the luxury of playing with lpga members as well a a couple guys who have been in pro ams. They beat near scratch golfers by 10 strokes.

Yea the ladies have great swings, but they also tend to have faster hip movements than the men yet hit the ball significantly shorter. Monte talks about this in the efficient swing series.

If im striving to have a good swing I want to chase what the men do in their swing. Does that mean I will swing like Rory, DJ, or even the 200th ranked player? Nope, but I use what they do in the swing and make similar movement patterns according to what May body allows.

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

31 minutes ago, StrokerAce said:

Not to mention they are some mind-boggling out-of-this-world ball strikers. 
Check out this stat from the LPGA Championship winner-

image.png.b874e026d3b869caacad04479b7181ed.png

THIRTY SEVEN GIR IN A ROW. Can you even imagine that? 

Tiger’s most was 29.   And that 37 pales in comparison to Jin Young Ko’s 63.   

the other interesting stat was that Jin Young Ko (world number 1) had; I think they said, 6 three putts over 26 holes after round 3 and was still in contention.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Paradym AI Smoke Max HL  16.5* w/MCA TENSEI AV Series Blue
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG