Best Golfer of All Time - Who? Why?

I think it’s Tiger based on the shots he could hit, and the fact that he seemed to NEVER miss a putt he needed to make. Jack has more majors and more seconds in majors it’s true, but I think if Tiger could have stayed injury and Perkins waitress free, he would have broken the majors won record. 

"Where'd it go?"  "Right in the Lumberyard..."

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2  0811 XF 10.5*  Graphite Design Tour AD DI-6x

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2 0211 15* 3W Mitsubishi Tensei Raw Blue 65-S
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 15*   Fairway UST ProForce V2 7F5 76g X-Flex

(These two are gonna fight it out in early "24 to see who stays in the bag...)

:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 19* & 22* Hybrid UST ProForce V2 90g X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR HF-2 irons (5i - PW)  KBS Tour 130x

:cleveland-small: CBX Wedges (50, 54, 58)  TT Dynamic Gold 115 Wedge Shaft
MATI  Mamo Putter 33"  Super Stroke Football League 3.0 Slim
MX21TOURYLW_NOCOLOR_FRT.jpg.79e37b9c329b3d3a644cb61d2746a057.jpg

:ping-small: Hoofer Camo Stand Bag

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro Nexus Rangefinder

:PuttOut:FAN!

1711524086_TheGrintlogo_text_1.png.c1eb3f656b10191d1fc9a14a0fd77f95.png PRO Member

Undoubtedly, Tiger Woods has showcased incredible shot-making abilities throughout his career. His knack for hitting exceptional shots under pressure is legendary! 

Tiger's 10 best moments under pressure, it's incredible to watch: 

Birdie Fans Club - The Best Golf Club in the World! Meet golf stars through raffles and auctions! ⭐

The more I've thought about this, the more it makes sense to me. I think we need to stop comparing golfers, or really any sport, of different generations to one another. There's too many differences in the technology, rules, and TBH monetary influence.

Walter Hagen was the first great golfer. Then either Byron Nelson, Sam Snead, or Hogan. Then the big 3 era of Nicklaus, Palmer, and Player. Then guys like Tom Watson, Lee Trevino, and Seve emerged. Finally Tiger. 

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

46 minutes ago, Robert harris said:

Who won the most majors? Jack Nicklaus. Enough said

Good point. Nicklaus's achievement of 18 major titles has definitely solidified his status as one of the greatest players of all time.

Birdie Fans Club - The Best Golf Club in the World! Meet golf stars through raffles and auctions! ⭐

33 minutes ago, DiscipleofPenick said:

The more I've thought about this, the more it makes sense to me. I think we need to stop comparing golfers, or really any sport, of different generations to one another. There's too many differences in the technology, rules, and TBH monetary influence.

Walter Hagen was the first great golfer. Then either Byron Nelson, Sam Snead, or Hogan. Then the big 3 era of Nicklaus, Palmer, and Player. Then guys like Tom Watson, Lee Trevino, and Seve emerged. Finally Tiger. 

Comparing golfers across different generations is definitely challenging. We value and acknowledge the contributions made by these different golf legends throughout different eras.

Bobby Jones.  Neither Tiger nor Jack can say that they worked a regular job (Jones worked as a lawyer)in addition to being a golf pro,  Tiger and Jack cant claim a true grand slam (career grand slams or Tiger Slams dont count) and Jones won 13 majors and retired at the age of 28.

"I suppose its better to be a master of 7 than to be vaguely familiar with 14." - Chick Evans

Whats in my Sun Mountain 2.5+ stand bag?

Woods: Tommy Armour Atomic 10.5* 

Hybrid: Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 3H

Irons: Mizuno T-Zoid True 5, 7 and 9-irons

Wedge: Mizuno S18 54* and Top Flite chipper

Putter: Mizuno Bettinardi A-02

Ball: Maxfli Tour X

At one point in time(not sure if DJ or Rory has changed this stat any since I checked it a while back) but overall scoring average went up from the time that Jack played till 2010 and Tiger had 9 of the 10 lowest adjusted scoring average seasons ever and the other one(Vijay 2003) was in a year that Tiger had a better scoring average. That ended the debate for me, but I can understand people still saying Jack.

Witb:

TSR2 9* UB 7 tx

TSR2 15* UB 7 tx

LTDx 7 wood tensei white 75 tx

mizuno mph5 4 iron c taper lite 115x

scratch AR1 5-p TI DG X100

Artisan 52-56-60 TI DG S400