How many of you genuinely know you have the correct set up lie angles, shaft weight , kick point etc etc and how many of you really know you are using the correct golf ball for you and not just using one because it’s a prov or premium ball ? Interested to see the responses for this one 👀

witb-taylormade p7mb  

vokey sm10 50-54-60

scotty 5.5

tsr3 

I have been fitted for my entire bag other than golf ball. Play the Maxfli Tour X.

Will be doing another iron fitting when it's time for irons again and periodically check lie angles on existing clubs.

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

Just now, Josh Parker said:

I have been fitted for my entire bag other than golf ball. Play the Maxfli Tour X.

Will be doing another iron fitting when it's time for irons again and periodically check lie angles on existing clubs.

Just curious as to why would you not get the ball fitted to maximise the benefit for your game ?

witb-taylormade p7mb  

vokey sm10 50-54-60

scotty 5.5

tsr3 

2 minutes ago, robinwellsgolf said:

Just curious as to why would you not get the ball fitted to maximise the benefit for your game ?

Just hadn't up to this point. First fitting was about 2 years ago and just getting into that side of things. 

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

I don’t definitively know I have the best clubs or configuration for my clubs.  I self test a lot and the clubs i have in my bag work fairly well.  I typically play balls that spin more because I am a low spin player.  I leverage the MGS ball test to identify balls on the higher spin side and then see how they work.   

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Paradym AI Smoke Max HL  16.5* w/MCA TENSEI AV Series Blue
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

25 minutes ago, cnosil said:

I don’t definitively know I have the best clubs or configuration for my clubs.  I self test a lot and the clubs i have in my bag work fairly well.  I typically play balls that spin more because I am a low spin player.  I leverage the MGS ball test to identify balls on the higher spin side and then see how they work.   

THIS!

I enjoy self testing. With club spec adjustments I just went a direction and if it didn't work I went the other and kept going until ball flight was what I want/expected.

The only thing I haven't tried if shafts for irons. Irons isn't exactly easy to swap out shafts quickly and testing indoors is never the best for me mentally.

Now club head wise I know I play a iron head(Mizuno 919 Forged Pro) that is out of my skill level and hurts my distance but it also keeps me aware of where I hit on the face vs just a forgiving iron that doesn't care(PING G710)

Golf Balls I play what I like the feel of and performs well in my eyes.. The winter/colder/wet rounds I've been playing with my "water balls". Basically scuffed or random balls I've found while working thru things. Now that the weather is getting better ill be moving back into the Callaway ERC Soft's as that's my preferred ball

DRIVER  CALLAWAY.png.02d1ed01b3f95aaceb59b33edf1d6f2d.png Paradym Ai SMOKE MAX D w/ Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 65-S 10.5*

WOOD TAYLORMADE.png.8ad786f4fccdf7215d321a861dfa1c7f.png STEALTH 2 Plus 3w w/ Mitsubishi Kali Red 75-S 15*

SUPER HYBRID CALLAWAY.png.02d1ed01b3f95aaceb59b33edf1d6f2d.png Paradym Super Hybrid w/ UST Recoil DART 75-S 18*

HYBRID PING.png G410 4h w/ Mitsubishi Tensei Orange 75-S 22*

IRONMIZUNO.png.2bd95ff6ee2eb76ff25e7f5057c68c47.png 919 Forged 5i-PW w/ Dynamic Gold 105-S300 

WEDGES PING.png Glide Forged Pro w/ ZZ115-W 48*/52*/58*

PUTTER Cleveland.jpg FRONTLINE 8.0 w/ 35" Slant neck 3*

Check out my Tests...

Just now, JAYER38 said:

THIS!

I enjoy self testing. With club spec adjustments I just went a direction and if it didn't work I went the other and kept going until ball flight was what I want/expected.

The only thing I haven't tried if shafts for irons. Irons isn't exactly easy to swap out shafts quickly and testing indoors is never the best for me mentally.

Now club head wise I know I play a iron head(Mizuno 919 Forged Pro) that is out of my skill level and hurts my distance but it also keeps me aware of where I hit on the face vs just a forgiving iron that doesn't care(PING G710)

Golf Balls I play what I like the feel of and performs well in my eyes.. The winter/colder/wet rounds I've been playing with my "water balls". Basically scuffed or random balls I've found while working thru things. Now that the weather is getting better ill be moving back into the Callaway ERC Soft's as that's my preferred ball

Just a couple of pointers for this iron heads are never out of certain skill levels if they work they work I’ve seen many high handicap players fitted for blades and many low handicap elite level golfers fitted for more “mid-high” handicap irons , genuinely curious how many players out there have developed a slight swing fault due to lie angle of the irons being incorrect to try and rectify to much moment either way on the golf ball in flight , and I am personally very interested in whether fitting is more prominent in certain countries over others also 

witb-taylormade p7mb  

vokey sm10 50-54-60

scotty 5.5

tsr3 

Across the bag? No. I was fit for woods + hybrid, and I'm using a shaft in my irons that I was fit into in a previous set so I know they work for my swing characteristics (although I was fit into them before tennis elbow hit). 

In my Big Max hybrid bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:wilson_staff_small: D200 6i-GW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:maxfli: Tour S

1 hour ago, robinwellsgolf said:

Just a couple of pointers for this iron heads are never out of certain skill levels if they work they work I’ve seen many high handicap players fitted for blades and many low handicap elite level golfers fitted for more “mid-high” handicap irons , genuinely curious how many players out there have developed a slight swing fault due to lie angle of the irons being incorrect to try and rectify to much moment either way on the golf ball in flight , and I am personally very interested in whether fitting is more prominent in certain countries over others also 

I do understand your point here specially on the swing fault due to incorrect specs... You bring up a good question as far as the certain countries/areas and how they go about getting results so ill follow this and see how it comes out.

After taking a few lessons/talking to instructors it was basically said adjust as needed with each club not just do whatever the chart says. You can always adjust back if needed. 

DRIVER  CALLAWAY.png.02d1ed01b3f95aaceb59b33edf1d6f2d.png Paradym Ai SMOKE MAX D w/ Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 65-S 10.5*

WOOD TAYLORMADE.png.8ad786f4fccdf7215d321a861dfa1c7f.png STEALTH 2 Plus 3w w/ Mitsubishi Kali Red 75-S 15*

SUPER HYBRID CALLAWAY.png.02d1ed01b3f95aaceb59b33edf1d6f2d.png Paradym Super Hybrid w/ UST Recoil DART 75-S 18*

HYBRID PING.png G410 4h w/ Mitsubishi Tensei Orange 75-S 22*

IRONMIZUNO.png.2bd95ff6ee2eb76ff25e7f5057c68c47.png 919 Forged 5i-PW w/ Dynamic Gold 105-S300 

WEDGES PING.png Glide Forged Pro w/ ZZ115-W 48*/52*/58*

PUTTER Cleveland.jpg FRONTLINE 8.0 w/ 35" Slant neck 3*

Check out my Tests...

1 hour ago, russtopherb said:

Across the bag? No. I was fit for woods + hybrid, and I'm using a shaft in my irons that I was fit into in a previous set so I know they work for my swing characteristics (although I was fit into them before tennis elbow hit). 

I feel you golf elbow sucks !

interested as to whether the shaft you were fit into on the previous set works the same for you in this set as the weight of the head itself can change the way the shaft works and the balance of the club etc 

witb-taylormade p7mb  

vokey sm10 50-54-60

scotty 5.5

tsr3 

6 minutes ago, robinwellsgolf said:

I feel you golf elbow sucks !

interested as to whether the shaft you were fit into on the previous set works the same for you in this set as the weight of the head itself can change the way the shaft works and the balance of the club etc 

It does give me the same expected results, thankfully it's within the same family (I was fit for W/S C300 irons and I'm currently using D7s) just with an SGI head vs GI. 

In my Big Max hybrid bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:wilson_staff_small: D200 6i-GW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:maxfli: Tour S

Everything in my bag has been fitted for my swing and anything that I add is tested to ensure it matches what works for my swing unless I’m just curious about something new and blind but close to my specs knowing it’s probably only staying in then bag for a short period of time before being sold or traded in unless it and just outperforms what I already have.

Ive been fit enough times to know what works and what doesn’t that just a short time on the range I know if its a fit or not 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

• 4 weeks later...

Kinda, lol.

Irons are fitted, had to order in the correct shafts

Driver is fitted with the shafts available without upcharge, so kinda, lol

Woods, not fitted, just am satisfied with the numbers I get.  Both are not adjustable.

Putter, not fitted but tried every putter that suited my eye in golftown, and the er2 was the winner.  

I've done a few online fittings for golf balls.  And have tried lots of different ones.  Thought I had a mid priced one figured out.  But on my sim it was consistently getting 2000 less back spin than a -pro v1x (which I was fitted to -prov1x on site).  So am back using those. $🙂

:callaway-small: Paradym 9 degree Driver

:wilson-small: DYNAPWR 3 wood

:callaway-small: Apex 21  PW-4 Iron

:cleveland: CBX 50 degree

:cleveland: CBX 54 degree

:cleveland: CBX2 58 degree

:vokey-small: SM6 62 Degree   

:EVNROLL: ER2 Putter

CURRENTLY TESTING T-Squared TS-912 putter

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/14/2024 at 3:28 PM, robinwellsgolf said:

How many of you genuinely know you have the correct set up lie angles, shaft weight, ipa scarlet kick point etc and how many of you really know you are using the correct golf ball for you and not just using one because it’s a prov or premium ball ? Interested to see the responses for this one 👀

Some golfers tweak their equipment themselves based on trial and error, using tools and knowledge gathered from forums, videos, and personal experience.

Edited by Gerardo