Most Underrated Clubs

marfau23

2 hours ago, braincramp said:

The Hogan Sure Out might be one of the best sand wedges ever along with the original ping Glide 58ES. 

Never have messed with the glides but have messed with and have several Eye2's , old Karsten I and a couple of Zings one being a BECU. I can actually do ok with those from fluffy greenside bunkers but like the Sure Out better

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Speeder 565 R flex- - 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R---- Irons 5 thru PW 1980 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex steel shafts--- SW -- Cleveland 588 56* S-400 Sensicore --- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter 1997 Scotty Cameron Santa Fe Fluted Bulls Eye shaft--- Bag TM Flex Lite Stand---- Yeah I know only 11 clubs 

G

Wilson. I just signed on with them as a Staff Advisor. I am playing their Dynapower forged irons and GOSH these sticks are smooth. I have the KBS Tour lite Stiff shaft. Keeps the weight at the head. The control and forgiveness in these are absolutely incredible.

SFT. 

SEE IT. FEEL IT. TRUST IT. 

Wilson Staff Advisor

"Club in the country"

7 hours ago, JonathanJones said:

Wilson. I just signed on with them as a Staff Advisor. I am playing their Dynapower forged irons and GOSH these sticks are smooth. I have the KBS Tour lite Stiff shaft. Keeps the weight at the head. The control and forgiveness in these are absolutely incredible.

IMHO one of the keys for me being strictly a feel player keeping the weight at the head.

Edited by BIG STU
Banana Fingers strikes again

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Speeder 565 R flex- - 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R---- Irons 5 thru PW 1980 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex steel shafts--- SW -- Cleveland 588 56* S-400 Sensicore --- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter 1997 Scotty Cameron Santa Fe Fluted Bulls Eye shaft--- Bag TM Flex Lite Stand---- Yeah I know only 11 clubs 

G

I can't seem to get my original Adams Assault 3 wood and Adams Tight Lies Tour 17 degree 5 wood out of my bag.  I swapped the shafts for UST Proforce 75's and they are money.  I've tried dozens of different clubs trying to replace them, but I always keep coming back.  No one else can hit my clubs because they swing like sledgehammers, but they work for me. 

Cleveland TA-3 Forged - 4-9i
Cleveland 588 RTG - PW, GW
Mizuno T24 - SW
Mizuno Tzoid 9degree driver
Adams Assault 13degree 3w
Adams Tight Lies Tour 17 degree 5w
Adams Mission putter

I still carry a circa 2003 Cleveland Halo Hybrid with a 105g Aldila NV shaft.  I've gone to Club Champion 3 times for woods and iron fittings, and we can't improve on the numbers. Quote " keep hitting that until the face caves in"

WITB
Driver: :titleist-small: TSR3 - 9* (adaptor set to 9.75*) w/ Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 6-S
Wood: :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 3 wood 14* w/ LA Golf RXR 65S shaft
Hybrid: :cleveland-small: Halo 19* w/Aldila NV Hybrid 105-S (circa 2004?)
Irons: :taylormade-small:P-790 (2017) 4-9, PW (45*), AW (50*) w/ KBS Tour C-Taper 120-S Steel
Wedges: :cleveland-small:RTX4 54/10 MID grind w/ KBS Tour C-Taper 120-S Steel
                :cleveland-small:RTX6 58/10 MID grind w/ KBS Tour C-Taper 120-S Steel
Putter: :odyssey-small:Ai-One Cruiser Jailbird (Left-Handed) - 38" w/ Odyssesy Stroke Lab SL 140 shaft
Balls: :taylormade-small: TP5x (Sometimes pix versions)
:Arccos: User with LinkPro

TaylorMade r7 SuperQuad Driver (2007). I took mine out of storage after many years and was amazed at how well it plays. The SuperQuad has a deep face with a symmetrical compact 460cc head and slight draw bias due to a 1-2 degree slightly closed face. If you struggle with a slice, this driver corrects well for that. Looks brilliant behind the ball. The Movable Weight Technology has 4 weight ports and are better than weight channels as there is no "whistling" sound. It can be customized for low spin (heavy weights forward) high launch (heavy weights back) or draw (heavy weight on heel) and fade (heavy weight on toe). Tight dispersion too. With a premium shaft, it's a beast. Great classic powerful titanium sound.

Edited by Vertical

Driver: Titleist TSR2 10 degree Tensei AV Blue 55 shaft 

Fairway woods: TaylorMade Burner 15 degree and Titleist TS2 18 degree 

Irons: Ping G425 irons 5-PW w/ Alta CB graphite shafts

Wedges: Mizuno JPX 921 gap 51. Ping Glide sand wedge 56. Titleist Vokey SM-07 lob wedge 60

Grips: Golf Pride MCC midsize plus 4 

Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom (right and left handed)

Balls: Titleist Pro V1 and Titleist Velocity