Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
776 signups
Equipment Type: Shafts
Vendor: TPT

Testers Wanted: TPT Golf Shafts
About TPT Golf

TPT's parent company, NTPT, is more than just a golf company. The Swiss-based company was not initially associated with the golfing world. With a background in making fine watches as well as marine, aerospace, motorsports and aeronautical parts, they transferred that knowledge and experience to the golfing world.

TPT (Thin Ply Technology) has a fully integrated process for making their golf shafts, starting with their resin formulation and extending to the end result of shaft manufacturing. By maintaining control throughout the entire process and using automated processes, TPT shafts offer "no fiber off-axing, no parasitic bending during swings, and tight dispersion" by using continuous winding with "one start, one stop."

TPT recently partnered with L.A.B. Golf to make specialized putter shafts, resulting in two wins on the PGA Tour and one on the Korn Ferry Tour.
The science behind their golf shafts is impressive and has resulted in some bold claims which we want our members to put to the test.

TPT-Driver.jpg
What Is Being Tested?
TPT Golf released a series of golf shafts they call the "Power Range." The Power Range of shafts includes a driver, fairway wood and hybrid shaft meant to deliver a consistent feel in all three, allowing for "each shaft and swing to feel the same."

This is where their "3 shafts,1 feel" slogan comes into play.

"TPT's Fairway Wood Shafts aim to make fairway woods more forgiving and accessible for all players,” the company says. “We designed our fairway woods to achieve a higher ball flight than our driver shafts, improving golfers' performance. Utilizing the same technology as our drivers ensures consistent contact with your fairway woods on the clubface to create consistent results.

TPT-3-in-1.jpg
“About our hybrids: We designed our hybrids to achieve a higher ball trajectory, aligned with our drivers and fairway woods shafts ball flight trajectory. Utilizing the same technology as our drivers and fairway woods, the three shafts will feel the same."

Does all this sound like something you want to test, review and keep?

We are looking for four testers in Texas to be fitted by TPT's lead fitter at their studio. The selected testers will receive three shafts as part of the "3 shafts, 1 feel" motto with a driver, fairway and hybrid shaft.

Think this is for you?

TPT-PurePower.jpg
*Registration ends Feb. 24.
*Testers announced Feb. 26 on the Forum.    
*Testers must be willing to travel at their expense to the TPT fitting location in Texas. (The fitting is included as part of the testing opportunity.)

TPTFeature.jpg

102 Comments

I live in Dallas and really hope to be chosen for this test. Have been researching shafts for months and this would be a true blessing. I’m a disabled veteran and money is pretty tight.  

I am located in upstate NY. 

I have built clubs with many market shafts including,  KBS TGI, Max,  Project X cypher, Catalyst, Recoil, Aerotech. MMT

to name a few.  I am presently playing the KBS Tgi shaft.  I have a good cross section of experience with lightweigt 

graphite shafts and understand their characteristics in terms of flex, kick point, etc.  I would welcome the opportunity to 

test this shaft and can assemble whatever club is desired for the test.  

Age 67-  Handicap 6   -  I play routinely at least 2 to 3 times weekly. 

Wow - awesome opportunity.  I have 3 LAB Golf putters with the TPT shaft - 2 brooms and a regular length.  Love that shaft.

I have been on a shaft tinkering journey over the last few years with my "wood" clubs. Tested many Graphite Design, Mitsubishi, Ventus and others. Currently testing the Proxima shaft against the Ventus.

I was about to sign up for this and then saw the part of going to Texas. These shaft sound awesome. I’ve seen some good stuff the last few years on them. Would be an ideal opportunity to get some high quality materials in a part of the bag we could all benefit from. Good luck to those who apply. Wish I could as this would be an awesome experience. 

A quick question for all those that have signed up especially those that don’t live in Texas. 

Are you willing to travel to Texas at YOUR OWN EXPENSE to be fit by Jon at his studio?  If not don’t sign up. Reading is fundamental and while I’m ecstatic that quite a few spies actually read the testers wanted post, I’m also terribly disappointed at how many only want free stuff.

If you can’t read don’t go complaining that you never get chosen for anything. It’s on YOU as we lay it out very simply on how to have a shot to be chosen. 

On 2/14/2024 at 5:20 PM, GolfSpy_BNG said:

Really really looking forward to this one.  A great opportunity to be fit into TPT shafts by THEIR chosen fitter Jon Sinclair.  Can’t wait to see what the chosen few get set up with. Let’s go

The challenge for senior golfers is the constant loss of distance off the tee and any thing that can keep us in better shape makes the game more enjoyable and reminds us of our younger days.

I am definitely willing to fly to Dallas for this! I’ve been seriously looking at TPT shafts for months now! I love the idea of the tech and preventing twisting. Was looking at the Nitro range for my driver. Wanted to get fit for the power in my 5 and 7 wood (possibly a 9 wood soon). I have them all at a 7 wood length and same head weight…so having the same feel with driver and woods is definitely what I’d be interested in! 😁

3 hours ago, jaygur16 said:

This should be a good one. Have a LAB putter with TPT shaft, the feel and consistency is unmatched IMO

I’ve been eyeing this, too! I have a DF2.1 armlock with LA Golf shaft, but thinking of the broomstick with TPT.

I have been looking for new shafts for my woods and irons for awhile. As a senior 70 year old golfer, I have found a huge difference between the what the OEMs call senior flex. If I was chosen to be a tester my search might be over. Thanks for a chance.

By the way, great comments on the Spieth and PGA/USGA rules and their application. Having marshaled at both PGA and LPGA tournaments many times, I have never been very impressed with the Rules Officials on the course. They spend most of their time sitting in their “special carts” looking smug and disinterested in the game going on. Friendly as snakes. May be because they are paid and marshals are just volunteers, they feel that they elites. Not all of them, of course, but more than just a few.

After reviewing the Company site and researching the shafts, I would love to travel to the manufacturing facility in Poland and observe the process. This is an intriguing an exciting opportunity to test a series of shafts claiming improved consistency and feel between clubs.

What a great opportunity for several golfers. I don't have the skill/feel to discern the difference in afraid. Plus Dallas is a long haul from Upstate NY but the warm weather would make for a nice visit...

This Test is now closed to further comments.