Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
5,588 signups
Equipment Type: Golf Balls
Vendor: TaylorMade

Testers Wanted!

TMTP5Feature.jpg

It seems to be the year of new golf balls! We are certainly not complaining, though. With a few other major brands already putting up their new golf balls for member testing, we now have the opportunity to get the new TaylorMade TP5 and TP5X in the hands of our testers to see how they really perform.

What’s changed?

TaylorMade has completely revamped both their TP5  and TP5X models with a significant investment to the tune of $100 million for golf ball-related business. This investment went into several key areas, which included buying the Nassau ball plant in South Korea and huge investments in their golf ball R&D. Over the last three years, TaylorMade has built a new state-of-the-art indoor test range and completely remade its outdoor test area with Trackman units to capture performance data for every stage of ball flight.

As for the golf balls themselves, the TP5  and TP5X now have what TaylorMade calls “Speed-Wrap.” This is a new technology that TaylorMade claims produces “significantly faster with a better feel and a softer feel.” This is done by allowing the material to control the sound without affecting speed. As sound often directly relates to feel, the new TP5 and TP5X can be firmer golf balls without feeling or sounding firm.

Finally, the initial three layers are now progressively firmer, allowing them to “truly perform like completely different products.”

The bottom line is TaylorMade feels they have really upped their standards with their new golf ball lineup and want to make significant gains in the ever-competitive golf ball market. Being a distant third in market share to Callaway and the far-and-away leader Titleist, TaylorMade hopes the new TP5 and TPX will be their launchpad to further success.

TM-TP5-LINE.jpg

Want To Be A Tester?

We need six testers to test, review, and keep the new TP5 or TP5X golf ball. Each selected tester will receive two dozen golf balls for their review.

*This test is open to all golfers worldwide.

*Registration closes March. 1

*Testers will be announced on the Forum March. 5

*Must be a registered MyGolfSpy Forum member to be selected!

TM-TP5-CUT.jpg

179 Comments

Would love to test the Tp5x pix. I have a full bag of taylormade clubs but haven’t found a ball of theirs I truly like yet. Never tried the pix either but very curious about its alignment and putting benefits 

There hasn’t been a TM ball that I have REALLY liked playing since the Lethal back in, what, 2013? 

I wanted to like the TP5x last year but it was just underwhelming. However, it sounds like they have made some serious improvements in this year’s ball. Really looking forward to seeing how these perform!

I love a good golf ball test. I bought a sleeve of the TP5x, and it was much better than last years, imo. I played the ‘19 model and loved it, but this one was better. Powerful flight with control around the green. Good luck to the testers!! 

Currently play 2021 TP5 pix, can't wait to see changes. I personally think the TaylorMade is the best ball.  Having said that I will be trying the Callaway ball as well.  It seems both companies have made major changes to their golf balls.

I have learned recently that I should be playing a ball that spins more but I prefer a softer feeling ball around the greens. Let’s see if the new X ball checks both those boxes. 

Just was fitted for the new Taylormade QI Irons and received them a few days ago getting ready to put them in to play and would love to test the new balls to go along with them.

I'll be curious to see what improvements TaylorMade has made with the new iteration of the TP5 line, I played the 19 ball and really liked it, but I know the past couple of variations have been criticized for being higher spin. 

It seems like the new ball has been getting some high praise and I hope it's well founded. 

Also, if you're new to the site and want to get into testing this is the kind of test you'll want to get in on. Read the "how to be a tester" guide, follow the rules, and get involved.

We love hearing from new voices on the forum. 

I’ll be eager to see what the consensus is on these new TaylorMade balls. I played the TP5x for a couple seasons around 2020. I liked them but I could typically find Srixon balls for less cost and I’ve played them since. I hope to have the chance to compare them. Good luck all!

1 hour ago, MacGavel2014 said:

This is fantastic news. TP5x has been my ball of choice for the last few years. I love the way they perform. They have helped my game, I believe. I just put in an order with my proshop for four dozen on the buy 3, get 4 promotion. Can't wait for the season to start. Being in Eastern Canada, looking at about early to mid April. 

I tried the 2023 TP5x... but my "slow" swing speed didn't do me any favours with it. Hopefully the season here in Ottawa starts in April... but likely not until May 😞 

This is right up my alley I have been a lifelong Titleist Golf ball player and in the ProV1 since its inception in the 392V days. Living on the golf course I found a TP5X last summer and played a couple holes with it and loved it!! But then lost it and have been meaning to really get them on my GC Hawk and test them against the ProV1 and Srixon XV.    GOOD LUCK TO ALL WHO APPLIED TO BE GRANTED THE PRIVILEGE OF TESTING

Wow, another fantastic testing opportunity for the forum! There was a foreplay pod video and from that video it seemed like the new TP5 lineup would instantly give you 20 extra yards 😆

Should be interesting to see the results of the forum members!

27 minutes ago, Jean D said:

I tried the 2023 TP5x... but my "slow" swing speed didn't do me any favours with it. Hopefully the season here in Ottawa starts in April... but likely not until May 😞 

Yeah the pleasures of winter. Kinda puts a damper on a good golf season, but being short makes one appreciate every round. Good luck. Hope you get as early a start as possible. Play well. 

6 minutes ago, MacGavel2014 said:

Yeah the pleasures of winter. Kinda puts a damper on a good golf season, but being short makes one appreciate every round. Good luck. Hope you get as early a start as possible. Play well. 

I found simulator golf this winter (and one soon to be built in the garage!)...helps while the white stuff and cold are here! 🙂 

Nice, I was hoping this one would come. Very interested in these with the pix versions. I am going to do a ball fitting soon with the new products and narrow down a few to take out and test further. Good luck to everyone who apply. 

This Test is now closed to further comments.