Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
5,334 signups
Equipment Type: Wedges
Vendor: PING

TW-s159.jpg

It has been a few years, but we are very happy to have PING golf clubs back as part of our Forum Member Testing! The PING s159 are the newest wedges from PING; however, it is not just new wedges that PING is excited about for this testing opportunity. They have also released their new WebFit App that aims to simplify the often confusing wedge grind dilemma.

s159 grinds.jpg

PING s159 Wedge Features:

The s159 wedges are now offered in six different grind options, with two brand new grinds introduced for this series (the B and H grinds). As PING worked closely with their tour professionals on an updated design and look which would appeal to more golfers.

PING has included their Friction Face that combines face blast and their optimized precision-milled grooves for what they claim is "the launch and spin control to play score-lowering shots from every distance." Add in appropriately spaced MicroMax grooves depending on the loft; these wedges are packed full of technology.

All of their loft and grind combinations have been made available in two different finishes: The Hydropearl 2.0 Chrome and Midnight.

s159 hovland.jpg

The WebFit Wedge App:

A simple step-by-step questionnaire based on what their wedge experts use to identify the best grinds and options for their tour pros, the WebFit app aims to simplify and find the best grinds and lofts for your game.
The entire process takes only a few minutes and provides several options that best suit your answers, making the choice of knowing what grind should work for you a whole lot simpler!

WedgeApp.jpg

About The Testing Opportunity:

Four golfers will be selected to test, review, and keep a set of PING s159 wedges. Testers will go through the new PING WebFit Wedge App and then discuss their recommended specifications with a PING representative to dial in their specifications.

Sound like a test you want to be a part of?

s159 bunker.jpg
*Testing opportunity is open to golfers worldwide. 
*Registration ends Mar. 13
*Testers will be announced on the Forum Mar. 19
*Applicants must be a registered Forum member to be selected and provide a screenshot of their PING WebFit Wedge App results in the comments below!

s159 approach.jpg

400 Comments

Screenshot2024-03-07at1_18_26PM.png.34369cd2fec9b8706266bb3ba2e5bbe6.png

Excited to see what a 2-wedge set up looks like - 54 and 58 sounds more versatile and less in the bag than the current 52, 56, 60. I use the 56 90% of the time, so the 52 and 60 seem redundant, and would rather have one less club for weight, or the option for a driving iron or a persimmon wood for fun!

My sm7s are getting ready to be replaced… I would be normally inclined to stay on that Vokey train but I did really enjoy the glide 2.0 back in the day so would love to consider these!  

IMG_4988.png.4618309c2279df9ad6b4afb8036330e4.png

12 minutes ago, billpierce said:

That was an awesome meeting! Thanks for setting that up.  Was a ton of fun. I think like Viktor I am steep - need that T grind lol

So when I bought mine I used their wedge selector charts and although iam adamant about never buying before trying I had hit one and liked the feel bit when I got mine they were absolutely perfect!! My divots are perfect and on bunker shots we have alot of heavy wet sand and they glide well thru it. I couldn't have had them come any better for my game

10 hours ago, Willie T said:

What a great test this will be….Ping has created an awesome wedge in the sI59!  For those chosen, I bet these will be game changers.  Going to try the App for fun to see what the static fit says.  Looking forward to seeing and following. 

Looks like folks are jumping on Ping Fitting App…tried it as well.  Was a fun exercise and a good reference that pretty much confirmed what I had figured using their fitting guide. 

15 hours ago, ronnieg said:

These wedges have been the ones I was considering shelving the vokeys to try. The tech sounds great and they look awesome.  What a great testing opportunity!

Same here, I've been wanting to branch out and find the best clubs for me that do the job regardless of brand. And I've never hit anything PING. 

Screenshot_20240307_164556_Chrome.jpg

These wedges look great. I have been eyeing these for a while.  I would love to try them around the greens since depending on the criteria it picks an E or T grind.   I think they would give my current Vokey gamers a run for their money.  

The App is interesting though, it’s a bit more detailed than the Titleist inputs.   Interestingly it doesn’t give specific shaft choices and weight etc.  Also the gapping results are interesting.  I have always used a 52.  May be that’s a mistake…

i will have to check these out at the store.

WebFitWedge.png.99d827dcb61ce99d8ad2a5a1e441e385.png

As a lifelong PING iron player, I'd enjoy this opportunity.

It'd make an AMAZING birthday present for me to have the chance to review these beautiful wedges 🎂🥳

image.png.14fb2823ba85046190b71b77ae7be1fa.png

The Webfit tool is a lot of fun, been messing around with it today. Going back and forth on turf conditions, can’t decide between firm or varies. Getting B & E grinds or S & E grinds, respectively. 

Have S grinds currently on my Indis, but E grind showing up for both definitely stands out, plus its unique shape. Might have to try a 60° E grind down the road.

Good luck everyone!

I'm a massive fan of my glide 4.0's, so I'm super excited to see how these match up! I'm currently using 50 S, 54 E, 58 E and love them, but I do sometimes dig too much with my 58 if the ground gets too soft. In all other scenarios it's great, and there's some attachment to the eye2 shape since I learned how to play on Eye2 BeCu's.

I'm definitely interested to see if some of the other grinds would let me retain the flexibility and greatness in sand that the E grind/shape has while mitigating some of my digging mistakes in unfavorable conditions. The fitting app does suggest S/H grinds across the board though so maybe there's hope for me yet!

SmartSelect_20240307_210734_Firefox.jpg.21a4588b1ad5bd5f66ed6d93d3d2394c.jpg

SmartSelect_20240307_210744_Firefox.jpg.554d9dbfe8879df45cd4b10f83a1f93c.jpg

This Test is now closed to further comments.