Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
1,681 signups
Equipment Type: Rain Gear
Vendor: Galway Bay

Testers Wanted!

2.jpg

Galway Bay recently released a new jacket and pants with an impressive 30,000 waterproof rating, double that of their previous rating. They claim that, despite this impressive improvement, the fabric remains breathable and comfortable and does not restrict movement during any round. 

In  previous MyGolfSpy rain gear testing, Galway Bay performed well and been recognized for its value and quality. Their rain pant is notable because it does not go over existing pants but is meant to be worn on their own. 

1.jpg

Straight From Galway Bay:

Galway Bay says: “We designed our Performance Outerwear to be versatile, comfortable, and fashionable. Galway Bay provides protection from the wind and rain while still allowing players to take an unrestricted swing. 

“All Galway Bay jackets and pants are made from our proprietary fabric, Galway Bay Hydro-Flex 32. This breakthrough material is a three-layer fabric with double durable water repellent coating, including Teflon, that’s designed to not only keep water from getting in but to allow sweat to get out.” 

3.jpg

What is Being Tested: 

We are searching for four golfers who aren’t scared of some bad weather golfing. These selected golfers will be fitted with the new Galway Bay Renvyle Golf Rain Jacket and Claddagh China Rain Pant for testing and review. 

The best part? You get to keep all of it once you are finished. 

With three-layer fabric to block wind and rain that is soft and quiet, these new designs look to allow golfers to play and look their best no matter the conditions. 

If you enjoy playing in the wind and rain, then this is the opportunity for you! 

4.jpg

* Registration closes April 4. 

* Testers will be announced on the Forum April 9. 

* Must be a registered MyGolfSpy Forum member to be selected for testing. 

* This testing opportunity is open to all golfers in North America and the UK.

148 Comments

the product is good and worth the cost for those that play when you have the course to yourself, Expensive but no where near the KJUS prices. 

Based on how much it has rained the past few years in metro area NYC. I can definitely use the rain gear and test it out.  In fact this week it will rain Today thru Thursday

It will be interesting to compare reviews from last year with the reviews from the improved gear this year!

I am heading to Ireland to play and i know we will be hitting some inclement weather so this would be perfect. 

Im hoping to test this out in a monsoon! lol

I'm not a "mudder," so, rain gear is a must...Looking forward to giving these Galway duds a try!

I would really like to test the Galway gear. We've received a lot of rain in New York this year. I almost bought a Galway jacket in the past during a sale, but I balked because I read a lot of complaints on sizing issues. The complaints said sizing ran small even when choosing a larger size.

Sounds like a fun opportunity.

My Mizuno jacket and Under Armour pants are on their last legs. With the weather we've had in Southern Ontario recently (and still forecast) this would be a great opportunity to test new rainwear.

With a bunch of rain in the forecast this week, it's a great time to start thinking about rain gear. Would love to test out how this holds up!

I don't imagine many people ENJOY playing in the rain 🙂 . I would be willing to bet that effective rain gear changes ones opinion on playing in the rain though. I have friends at the club that refuse to play if rain is even slightly in the forecast. I play pretty consistently given any forecast but definitely have struggled with finding comfortable but effective clothing for it. Looking forward to the reviews!

Wisconsin spring would definitely be a test for wind and rain! lol. My current gear almost feels like it soaks up the water now its been so used!

Playing courses in the north of Ireland in May.  Likely a good testing ground. Otherwise, afternoon down pours in Colorado will be a good test.

New England is perfect testing ground for rain gear that keeps you warm in cold weather too.  I’m in.

As a high school golf coach in Michigan, I would be wearing this almost every day during the season until May. We have so many practices and matches in the rain up here during the spring, this would be a game changer for me.

Wow, another great test opportunity and a repeat offering from the folks at Galway Bay!! 😍  I followed last years testers and if you play in wet, nasty conditions, you'll be hard pressed to find better rain gear.   Good luck to everyone!

Just played Bandon Dunes Resort, where it rained 2 in during our round at Old Mac...playing in the rain in the PNW is a necessity, would love some reliable rain gear to get me through the majority of my playing time!!

Love this - big fan of Galway Bay stuff. Best of luck to the testers, although I never wish rain on anyone on the course...

I rock the lower end Galway Bay gear, but I would love to test the high end stuff.  Hey MGS - I’m pretty sure you meant “Chino”, not “China”.

Living in Seattle, playing in the rain is something you will always do.

My current rain gear, it does have problem as it leak and also very hard to wear the pants when you have a muddy golf shoes.

Am looking around for a good rainwear. Please let me know of any and will check it out!

Ken,

Yes indeed - A great opportunity to test the limits of raingear

It is quite tough to invest in raingear without knowing what it can withstand - Im sure it is common to find waterproof is more water resistant
When researching good wet-gear, I came across a great line "there are many different types of waterproofing materials, they are not all created equal"

Unfortunately, I have come off the course looking like a drowned rat and I have yet to find that one brand that can withstand the exciting variety of weather in Ireland

It doesnt take away from the golf, but it would certainly reduce my drying-out time!!

Padraig

I Have this gear! I'm going to suggest if your not picked, you need to get you some!! When you think rain gear🤔 it goes over your other clothes,  not these you don't need to wear piles of clothes underneath that restrict your movement ! I been playing in 40` weather this year and I'm warm!!

ehefma.jpg

This Test is now closed to further comments.