Testers Wanted: L.A.B. DF3 Putter

Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
7,555 signups
Equipment Type: Putter
Vendor: L.A.B.

TESTERS WANTED!

1.jpg

It is no secret that L.A.B. Golf has taken off because of multiple wins on the PGA Tour and a greater professional presence overall. Its success in MyGolfSpy testing and the hype around the newly released L.A.B. DF3 has only increased its notoriety. 

What Is L.A.B.? 

L.A.B. stands for Lie Angle Balance. These putters, unlike other putters, are not toe-hang or face balanced. They are balanced to point at the target, meaning no twisting, no struggling to keep the face directed at the target—the putter does this naturally. 

As each golfer is unique in their putting stance and stroke, the fitting process for L.A.B. is crucial. L.A.B. has made this easy by way of their online submission. A simple step-by-step process is sent to L.A.B. and they use this video to dial in your specifications. 

L.A.B. is best known for their big and unique-looking DF 2.1, a putter that has many nicknames and certainly does not appeal to all golfers. This is where the DF3 comes in. 

3.jpg

What Is Being Tested 

The DF3 is the toned-down version of the bigger DF 2.1. This is what L.A.B. has to say about it: “We took a chisel to the original Lie Angle Balanced putter to make DF3 smaller and sleeker while honoring the shape of the putter that started it all for us. DF3 still does everything golfers love about the original. It stays square by itself. It’s still irrationally forgiving on mishits. But there’s a lot less to think about.” 

We are looking for six non-L.A.B. Golf users to test, review and keep the new DF3. We want to know how the DF3 performs, how/if the L.A.B. method works for you and get cold hard data on how these putters compare to your gamers! 

Think you are up for the challenge? 

2.jpg

* Registration closes April 9. 

* Testers to be announced on the Forum April 16.. 

* Open to golfers worldwide but you must be a registered Forum member to be selected.

519 Comments

LAB is on fire.  I've been gaming a DF 2.1 the past couple of seasons and my putting stats improved markedly.  I'd love to test the DF 3 against it - I can't imagine it could really be better, but maybe.  The tech is legitimate.

I would love to see how the accurate the only fitting is too.  I always spend time with L.A.B. putter section whenever I go to The PGA Tour Superstore. 

Awesome opportunity to try out these putters. Everyone I have talked to that have gone with LAB has not regretted it. Maybe I can be the next convert.

Yeah! Really looking forward to this new round of testers. 

I’ve been in the process of inquiring from all kind of sources about putters as I need to buy a new one (along with all my old clubs!). I’ve recently made my choices: definitely LAB.

The problem is I can’t decide on which model. I’ve always used a blade so naturally I should be inclined to choose the Link.1, but my goal is to get the most stable and forgiving putter possible, which I believe is the DF3. But I’m afraid to not be able to get over its shape. Then again I may fall in love with it. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I find it difficult to order a 600$ putter online and ending up being turned off by its shape.

I understand that ideally I would try it first at a local shop, but I happen to live in a remote rural area, at least 10 hours drive (one-way) to the nearest Golf Town location. My home town is Carleton-sur-Mer in northeastern Quebec.

I was watching a video recently, a long interview with Sam, CEO of LAB Golf, and I found it so interesting listening to him talking about their philosophy on putters and putting as well as the science behind its creation. 

For all these reasons, I would really love to be chosen as a tester. At home we normally can’t start playing much before mid-May. I play everyday at our local 18-hole layout until October. A layout I happen to have helped design the second 9-hole a few years ago. 

I just recently discovered and joined MGS while I was researching for new clubs; having been in Mexico since November, and not playing golf, I didn’t interact very much thus far on the forum.

Thank you for the opportunity and your consideration. 

I've always been a Taylormade Spider Putter user but I've heard great things about the LAB Putters so would love the opportunity to test and compare the two.

I recently caddied in a group and 1 of the players in the group was using one and it looked the business I must admit. 

It will take alot for me to change from the Taylormade but this could be the one

Recently, I tried a few LAB putters at a local superstore. Do they look a bit different? Sure. But wow, my speed and direction were locked within only a few putts. If store putting carried over to course putting, I could easily see one in the bag.

39 minutes ago, GolfSpy MPR said:

I have zero doubt that this is a really good putter. But there may be evidence that it doesn't solve every putting problem 😄

On the bright side, “accidentally” snapping the head off your putter is probably an indication that the worst of the Lyme Disease is behind JW. He looked genuinely surprised to me. Good for him.

2 hours ago, GolfSpy MPR said:

I have zero doubt that this is a really good putter. But there may be evidence that it doesn't solve every putting problem 😄

At least he was able to laugh it off in the end! Is putting with just the spaceship legal?!? 😆

2 hours ago, goaliewales14 said:

My DF3 is currently in production!  I'm so excited to get it and try it out!  I'll definitely help add comments to the actual review

That’s awesome! Mind sharing your specs that were ordered?

Excited to participate - will be interesting to see the difference between the LAB vs my current Futura X Dual Balance.

5 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Well tomorrow this hits the main site socials and I am guessing it goes bananas... last year this similar test from lab got 12k... that's a lot. Will this get close?

I'm taking the over - the DF3 has been much talked about this season!  

4 hours ago, jbern said:

That’s awesome! Mind sharing your specs that were ordered?

I did their online fitting and they recommended going with 34" and 67 degrees lie angle.  I did upgrade to the Accra black shaft with the blue head with the T alignment aid.

First Labs CEO Sam Hahn is a true gem, and I would love to play with him. I'm a new golfer (1yr in June), and after 1000 puts and fittings, I found the Odyssey 7 OG CH with plumber's neck to be my favorite due to the face staying more square. The square-face approach and technology have me intrigued. The size of the DF doesn't bother me, being so new and preferring the mallet, the size doesn't bother my ego. If I had known about Lab putters, I probably would have bought one. 

Would love to try the DF3, I feel putting is what is holding my game back.  Left handed putting models are also limited in the golf industry vrs right handed models so great to see LAB making LH as well.

This Test is now closed to further comments.