Testers Wanted: Vice Golf Irons ×
Site Maintenance - June 17 6pm EST to 6am EST (Planned) ×
Site Maintenance - June 17 6pm EST to 6am EST (Planned)

Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
1,584 signups
Equipment Type: Irons - Build
Vendor: Toura Golf

Testers Wanted

FeatureToura.jpg

Calling all club builders! We have a very special testing opportunity for you! For many, it is more than just getting on the course and playing, but honing a craft and taking pride in installing and building each club in your bag. Those who want to customize each part of their golf clubs and make their bag stand out for the efforts they put into the build of their golf clubs.

About Toura Golf

Toura Golf was created out of the passion for golf club building. In search of a blank head with no logo, founder Jon found little to no options. So he decided to take matters into his own hands. He created Toura Golf for those like him who love to build their own golf clubs and have an appreciation for a pure forged product that stands out by not standing out. 

The Canadian company is known for their minimalist designs and producing limited quantities of heads as well as some one of a kind models. With wedges, putters, and full iron heads all available for purchase, Toura Golf is a club builder's dream. 

For those who prefer their clubs pre-built, Toura does offer a selection of shafts and grips in which a complete set can be purchased.

Toura3.jpg

H2: What Is Being Tested?

We are searching for four golfers to build, test, review, and keep a set of Toura Golf Irons. The option for shafts (True Temper S300) and grips will be included, however, for those who want to use non-standard shafts, they have the option to purchase and install their own! 

This testing opportunity is equally about the build process as it is the performance of the irons. We want to know how they perform after the build, but want to hear and see the build process as they are done. 

Are you a club-building enthusiast and want to take part in a unique testing experience?

Toura2.jpg

*Testing opportunity open to right-hand golfers in North America.

*Registration closes April 23

*Testers will be announced on the Forum April 30

*Must be a registered Forum member to be selected.

159 Comments

A buddy of mine and I just split a bending machine too!  Really want to dial in lofts and lie now. I found it interesting how stock irons from the big players weren’t really as tight as I’d hoped to their posted standard lofts and lies. It definitely opened my eyes. 

35 minutes ago, ballhawk said:

Some really great looking heads, just wish they were offering stronger lofts like the OEM's. I'd venture to say that within the folks on the forum, there are more than a few of us senior players/builders that need that extra help from stronger lofts. Good luck to those entered.............. 

For blades I feel like these lofts are plenty strong. Not sure on these specific irons but the other blades offered on their site have a 7i loft at 32° which I would argue is very strong for a bladed 7i. Any stronger and you are getting into 6i territory. 

26 minutes ago, ZMendle10 said:

For blades I feel like these lofts are plenty strong. Not sure on these specific irons but the other blades offered on their site have a 7i loft at 32° which I would argue is very strong for a bladed 7i. Any stronger and you are getting into 6i territory. 

Agreed there that these feel right in the wheelhouse for expected lofts. Plus, since this is a test for builders, I hope some bend them for loft and lie to comment on performance post-bending as you’re also slightly changing bounce when bending for specific lofts. It’s not a ton, but when I bent my 770s, I noticed the ones with the most bending at 2° did seem to have a slightly different turf interaction. 

All in all this is going to be a cool test!

Of course...  Literally just offloaded two full extra sets of shafts & a third with irons attached on Monday.  😆  Cleaning out the garage went too well!!!!

Best of luck fellas.  Looking forward to reading about these.

10 hours ago, Boldini53 said:

Huah, huah, huah count me in. I to this day take my OEMs apart , weight them , spine align them and put them back together. Boldini golf was a side business for 15 years starting back in the 90’s . Accolades from true temper in the 90’s for shaft fitting that changed their shaft trim instructions so…… absolutely I’m your tester man. I would love to test and review them and Hey…. I’m in Canada!  Very few testers from our great Country get inside the ropes, lol

Didn’t know Allen Texas was in Canada. Lol

Wow this would be a cool one! Completely blank, build it yourself, what an experience. Good luck and congrats to whoever get this opportunity!

One of the cooler testing opportunities I've seen come across the site! I dont have experience with club building but to be able to start from square one and have something truly personal is cool. Excited to follow!

OMG those have to be so fun to hit. I would love to throw some custom ferrules on them with True Temper Golds!!!! Please pick me. I am ready to go in coach!

great opportunity- I built a set of clubs with my dad many years ago- my first "non- hand-me-downs". I enjoyed having built these myself with my dad. I still change my grips myself when I need new ones- so easy to do.

Unfortunately, no lefties or I would sign up for this!

winners should have fun!

Cool opportunity for the hobbyists! I hope to be able to build one day but that day is not today and probably not tomorrow either, haha. 

I'm a senior but with a strong golf game.  I would put senior grafite shafts with midsize tour wrap grips on these baby's...  I would be a "different" tester than the 45 and under crowd...

These look absolutely fire and i love building clubs. Does anyone know if you can do a single length version?

This is a cool opportunity and hopefully helps some others learn how to build some clubs. It's interesting that Toura wants to highlight club building in this review which makes it an extra cool opportunity. I have done some basic club building, I think the coolest addition I've been able to do is 3D print my own ferrules. Look forward to see these reviews. 

Also the clean heads look pretty sick. My brain keeps teetering between "Minimalistic Beauty" and "It's missing something"

I'm thinking that a senior focus would be helpful, as the thousand or so members of my golf community are always looking for something different.  More information about the fabrication of the iron heads is necessary to work out shaft and weighting options, but it seems likely that some SteelFiber spec should work. I've built and modified clubs for around 55 years now, and I reckon the best set is yet to come.  

I’m definitely a hobbyist club maker, but I would love to throw some Peening Blue X-Stiffs in some of these!

This Test is now closed to further comments.