Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
7,957 signups
Equipment Type: Golf Clubs
Vendor: Titleist

TWFeature.jpg

Titleist has introduced the GT Drivers and fairways, signifying Generational Technology, marking a significant shift in materials, construction, and performance from their previous TS models. Despite appearances suggesting minimal change, substantial advancements lie beneath the surface.

Titleist's goal was to enhance performance without altering the familiar look and feel. This approach ensures that players have a familiarity with their clubs year over year while hopefully experiencing performance gains. The GT models feature refined aerodynamics, with changes focused on the underside to reduce drag and increase speed, notably through the raised aft section.

Tony Covey and Chris Nickel have done full breakdowns and articles on both the drivers and fairway woods which can be found here drivers) and here (fairway woods). Here is a brief overview to whet your appetite.

TitleistGT.jpg

The New GT Line

The introduction of Split Mass Construction redistributes weight to the driver’s perimeter, enhancing stability and optimizing performance. Additionally, the GT lineup incorporates a seamless thermoform composite crown, marking a departure from previous designs. This innovative crown integrates a Proprietary Matrix Polymer (PMP), improving acoustics and mimicking the sound of titanium.

The GT drivers emphasize lowering the center of gravity, promoting consistent spin rates and enhancing forgiveness. Titleist’s Speed Ring with Variable Face Thickness (VFT) face technology aims to boost speed across the face, catering to off-center hits.

Titleist offers three GT driver models models (GT2, GT3, GT4) and two GT fariway wodo models (GT2 and GT3)

Each model maintains a familiar look but with significant improvements in speed, consistency, and overall performance. Titleist's approach ensures that while much has evolved, the essence of the driver remains unchanged, catering to both average golfers and Tour pros. The new GT family embodies the philosophy of advancing technology without compromising the core attributes that define Titleist drivers.

TitleistGT2.jpg

The Testing Opportunity

We are searching for four golfers to test, review and keep a GT driver and fairway wood from Titleist. Testers will be fit through a Titleist certified fitter and will receive the clubs which they are fit for. 

Titleist has made some bolder claims with this line, and the name indicates this is a big leap forward. So can it be true? We want to see how this new line performs in the hands of our members and everyday golfers. 

*Go to https://www.titleist.com/gt-metals 
*Build your set and post screenshot of results/dream set!

*Open to all registered MyGolfSpy Forum members. 
*Registration closes Aug 7.
*Testers will be announced on the Forum Aug 13. 

1,041 Comments

53 minutes ago, golfinnut said:

Fanfreakintastic!  Love the new lineup. 

BTW ... do we know what GT stands for? 

Screenshot_20240801_102900_Chrome.jpg

Generational Technology 

53 minutes ago, golfinnut said:

Generational Technology 

Perfect timing!!  Looking to get a new Driver and 3/4 Wood before September!!!

I have a GC Quad, full simulator at home.  I also have access to TSR3 and TSI3 drivers.

Titleist GT2.JPG

Titleist Fairway.JPG

1 hour ago, golfinnut said:

check out Tony's article on the main site - GT stands for Generational Technology.  So much went into making these improved while maintaining what players loved about the TSR line.

Not even sure I'm eligible for this one but have to enter anyway since I'm due for a driver this next season and this new GT line looks like a big improvement over the last gen so would love to give these a shot.  Good Luck everyone!

image.png.6e09ccaff17dbbc7469c8dc1a9103edf.png

I'm assuming I'm a no-go on this one since I just tested a driver shaft (in calendar year 2024, and has a TaylorMade adapter), but might as well shoot my shot anyway. Most interested in the FW, but used to bomb the old Titleist drivers, so not not-interested in the Driver compared to TM. I can always swap the test shaft's adapter over to Titleist if I somehow get lucky enough to get picked here. 

image.png.16a1bfcdb67b588d3524d9befa96e206.png

This is amazing!!! Way to go MGS! User testing of the newest of the new and the actual fitting to be included is phenomenal.

Best of luck to everyone and pre-congratulations to those selected! I’ll be tuned in to this one for sure!

GT3 Driver

$859

Player Profile

Hand

Left Hand

Model

Shaft

Graphite Design, Tour AD UB 6, Stiff, Length -0.5", Std. Tipping

Grip

Lamkin, Sonar Tour, Standard Size, Standard

The opportunities just keep on coming!

A long-time member of the "I'm not good enough to play Titleist" camp but I'm beginning to think, maybe . . .

Good luck everyone!

Screenshot2024-08-01at11_43_04AM.png.d6abb036422961f009b864bb3ddf15c8.png

I mean, this is another incredible opportunity from the MGS team. I made the jump to titleist at the beginning of the Summer 23' season. The change was eye opening. I was coming from a Taylormade sim that was the old reliable. The Titleist technology they incorporated into the TS and TSi line is so good. I thoroughly enjoyed the true metal feel and sound. The distance gain was about 10-15 yards. The biggest change for me was the DISPERSION!! Soooo good, started hitting 30% more fairways. Now that could be a confidence thing, but nonetheless, with Titleist in hand I performed better. 

That brings me to the huge interest in the GT line. Like most golf/club nuts, as soon as the news dropped at the Scottish Open of just how many athletes were gaming it I had to research. The tight and clean lines of the driver overall look to be typical Titleist premium. Super happy to see they are pushing the boundaries of golf tech with the new weighting scheme they introduced. Marketing and talk are one thing but seeing it perform in the hands of everyday golfers will be awesome to see. 

For my setup, it will essentially be the same setup I use now but with the new heads. As for the woods, I am still hanging on to my trusty TM Rocketballs. I would look to the Titleist team to challenge a move out of my bag there. 

image.png.b3f296ea4d434c781b621081aa4a084a.png

image.png.a9e5cd098a5c9e6676635798d07b20ba.png

Truly a dream set. Goodluck yall

This Test is now closed to further comments.