Testers Announced! Vokey SM10 Wedges! ×

Number of Testers
Signup Cutoff Date:
1,965 signups
Equipment Type: Long Game
Vendor: Mizuno

Mizuno Long Game

Mizuno is here to bring back a favorite and often requested forum member test for 2023!  The Mizuno Long Game test will see testers fit the top end of their bag with the ST 230 line of clubs to see what sort of improvements can be made using Mizuno's latest gear.  Testers will get to experience the missing piece from their golf game in Mizuno's CORTECH Chamber which is featured throughout the lineup.  

image.png

What is the CORTECH Chamber?

The CORTECH Chamber: The Missing Piece:  Mizuno's CORTECH Chamber encases a dense stainless steel weight with elastomeric TPU, taking stress from the club face and creating an additional energy source.  At the same time, locating weight closer to the club face to reduce spin rates, while contributing to a more solid, powerful sensation at impact.

image.png image.png

image.png

For this test we are looking for 4 MGS Forum Members to test the ST 230 long game clubs!

Each tester will select:

1.  ST-X 230 or ST-Z 230 Driver

2.  Two other clubs (select from ST-Z 230 Fairways, ST-Z 230 Hybrids, or Fli-Hi Driving Irons) to fill in the gap to their top iron.

This Test is open to all US Forum Members! 

New to the Forum? Interested in how we select our testers and want to increase your opportunity at being selected in this or future tests? READ MORE HERE!

208 Comments

I’ve gamed Mizuno since custom fit for  919 hot metals and Fli HI’s. I’ve tried the Mizuno drivers variations at PGASS, but wasn’t able to pull the trigger. I’m impress with their design and technology prowess, and would enjoy being a tester!

Love MIzuno gear.  Played with a set of JPX-825 irons for years.  Great equipment.  Always wanted to paly some of their woods but haven't had the chance to.

I still have an older Fli-Hi 18* in my basement. It was narrowly beaten out by a Titleist 21* hybrid. Still throw it in the bag on high wind days. Mizuno makes great stuff. Would love to test!

Wow, test opportunities are loaded this year! I had a Mizuno 3w way back in the T-Zoid days, and it was my go-to club off the tee. A few years back during a Callaway fitting, the fitter pulled out his personal Mizuno driver for me to try, and it was very tempting to jump ship, but ultimately decided against it. Would love to see how these actually stack up against some of the more widely used long game brands. 

I used to play a Mizuno Forged MP-001 8° driver in high school. More recently in the last couple of years I swapped out my Mizuno F60 3-wood and Mizuno CLK Hybrid for Callaway's. I will forever and always love Mizuno Irons, though. This is such a great testing opportunity, thank you to Mizuno and MGS for setting this up. Good luck to the 4 testers that get selected!

When I was fitted for a driver a few years ago the shop didn’t have Mizuno drivers. Was bummed because I play Mizuno irons. 
I ended up with Ping G410 so curious how the ST stacks up!  Can’t wait for these reviews!

Another great test opportunity on the forum!  

I played an ST190 for a season and was impressed with the performance.  The only reason i changed up was slightly better dispersion from a G410.  Distance between the two deivers was the same.

Would love to try out one of the Mizuno driving irons! I've actually been thinking about adding a driving iron to my bag for some time now. I play off a pretty narrow desert course in AZ so I am consistently using a 4 iron off the tee and would like something a little longer, but still safe. Have heard some very good things about the Hi-fli driving iron and it would be special to give it a good test run here in the desert!

Glad to see Mizuno taking part in the testing this year.  Especially the top end of the bag.  I've played their irons in the past & loved them. (MP18 & 20)  I've never had the opportunity to hit the woods/hybrids.  Thanks for the opportunity!  Good luck to all those who apply.  Will be interested to see the results in the future 👍

Always been a mizuno irons fan, and recently introduced into the woods game with the prior generation driver. Would love to explore more of their newer offerings!

I have a STZ 220, which, I like. It may not the longest, but, it is very forgiving. I look forward to seeing the results. 

Would love to upgrade my long clubs it’s about time have been looking to try these out my current setup is around 8 years old at this point time to start find new equipment 

Would love to know if drivers feel like their irons, been messing around with looking at a new driver, would love to test these

I've played Mizuno irons back in the day.  Had the MP-32's.  Have never tried their drivers or hybrids.  Interested in the outcome of the test.

This Test is now closed to further comments.