Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Callaway Apex Pro vs Ben Hogans FT.15

Elbolita98

I need change my irons game to improv and a more consistent flight. Which one recomend? Handicap today 21 but I will buying it at 12 Handicap.

THE BIGGEST MULLIGAN is near the corner. Just wi need to take it when needed.

I would highly recommend you consult your teaching pro and/or a good reputable local fitter.

The best choice of irons isn't only about handicap - how are you getting from a 21 to a 12 BTW?

It's about swing type too. There's a touring pro whose name escapes me st this moment that games Ping G400's.

I've made lots of expensive mistakes trying to game what my handicap would suggest I should. I have a far better chance of playing well when I bag what my swing suggests I should.

Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

First, nice taste in clubs. Both the Hogan's and Apex Pros are very nice forged irons. But why have you chosen getting to a 12 handicap the point at which you'll buy new clubs? Is because the Ft. Worths and Apex Pros are recommended for a 12 or better cap and you are set on one of those two models? Nothing wrong with that, if the goal is to get better to play what are known as more of a Players club.

But, how will you be getting from a 21 to a 12? Do you know the parts of your game that need improvement to get to your goal? Are you considering lessons?

If you are really set on getting either of those clubs, go get them now. A proper fitting into the right shaft will help and then you can go start pounding balls and learn how the club works for you, or doesn't.

Now, to answer your question, I'd go with the Hogan's, because I already have. They are beautiful clubs that are not as hard to hit as they may look. I really think Ben Hogan Golf Co. knocked it out of the park with these irons. Very playable for a range of golfers, but definitely for those that work on their game.

I've never played the Callaway Apex Pro but it looks like a great club as well.

Good luck

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

WITB:

Stan Thompson “Reactionizer” persimmon woods 1-4

Spalding Tour Edition 3-PW

Spalding Top-Flite E.V.A. Sand Club

Rife Legend Z Putter

If you're going Hogan, go Edge or PTX. Ft. Worths are blades, if you're in the teens you're not going to do yourself any favors swinging them.

Get fit, try anything you can get your hands on and go in with an open mind. You may surprise yourself.

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

If you are buying them to look good, get the Hogan Ft Worths. It's one of the best looking irons out there. However, if you are going to play with them get the Callaway Apex.

A better comparison would be the Apex Pros and the PTX. Much more playable for any handicap.

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small: G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: G425 4H on :kbs: TGH 80S 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

If you are buying them to look good, get the Hogan Ft Worths. It's one of the best looking irons out there. However, if you are going to play with them get the Callaway Apex.

A better comparison would be the Apex Pros and the PTX. Much more playable for any handicap.

What he said. I have the Ft. Worth irons and Apex Pros sitting in my living room at the moment. The Apex Pros are much more user friendly than the Ft. Worth irons. The Ft Worth irons are user friendly for a blade but at the end of the day they are blades.

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* Ltd. HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 TX

Fairway: :taylormade-small: BRNR Mini Driver Copper 13.5* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

:Arccos:

Featuring vertical slots for accurate positioning and well-integrated low positioned weight, these clubs employ a lot of technology while maintaining a clean look to improve playability. With minimum offsets and a more compact head than the M2s, they could easily be mistaken for a player's club.

The satin chrome finish provides a touch of class and creates a beautiful and streamlined look. The technology used works well with the overall shape and style and creates an immaculate finish.

Wait a minute - RoverRick? The Bard? How are you doing?

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

• 3 weeks later...

I would highly recommend you consult your teaching pro and/or a good reputable local fitter.

The best choice of irons isn't only about handicap - how are you getting from a 21 to a 12 BTW?

It's about swing type too. There's a touring pro whose name escapes me st this moment that games Ping G400's.

I've made lots of expensive mistakes trying to game what my handicap would suggest I should. I have a far better chance of playing well when I bag what my swing suggests I should.

Good luck

I am consider this club beacause dont what the last tech only good irons

First, nice taste in clubs. Both the Hogan's and Apex Pros are very nice forged irons. But why have you chosen getting to a 12 handicap the point at which you'll buy new clubs? Is because the Ft. Worths and Apex Pros are recommended for a 12 or better cap and you are set on one of those two models? Nothing wrong with that, if the goal is to get better to play what are known as more of a Players club.

But, how will you be getting from a 21 to a 12? Do you know the parts of your game that need improvement to get to your goal? Are you considering lessons?

If you are really set on getting either of those clubs, go get them now. A proper fitting into the right shaft will help and then you can go start pounding balls and learn how the club works for you, or doesn't.

Now, to answer your question, I'd go with the Hogan's, because I already have. They are beautiful clubs that are not as hard to hit as they may look. I really think Ben Hogan Golf Co. knocked it out of the park with these irons. Very playable for a range of golfers, but definitely for those that work on their game.

I've never played the Callaway Apex Pro but it looks like a great club as well.

Good luck

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Yes I am taking golf Lessons but my goal for this year is 12 handicap and if this happen I love to buy new Irons that fit my game. Fitting will be my first go but i want to have an Idea of which irons I saw playing

Archived