An Aha moment

SteddyGolf

In the Army we have what’s called the Center for Lessons Learned. This is a depository of completed training missions and exercises with examples of the good, the bad and the ugly. If you stay connected with these lessons it prevents you from making the mistakes of the past while also ensuring success in future missions.

So what was your lesson learned? Have you ever had an Aha moment that significantly changed your game?

For me it happened today. I’ve always struggled with putting and have fallen into the same ole equipment trap many Golfers find themselves in. I finally went to my fathers 1969 (that’s the year fellas) Ping Putter to discover the anser (pun intended).

The putter didn’t transform my game. What it did was expose a strike location fault that seems to be the root of my problems. I’ve simply been striking the ball to high on the ball. My strike point was putter sole at or even above the equator of the ball. Once I started consciously striking the ball below the equator with a “bowling” type motion my putting improved significantly.

So have you experienced a transformational revelation?

[/url] 

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Miura MB 502 Irons

ping G400 Driver

Cobra F7 3 wood

Mizuno putter

Mizuno Wedges. 

I'd have to take you out if I told ya 😉 jk......     My aha comes and goes and mostly goes because I get in too big of a hurry and that's when the dookie hits the fan.   I MUST take time to go through the same pre shot routine prior to hitting a golf ball.   I do a couple of waggles, position the club about three inches behind the ball, slight forward press which starts the swing and then straight back and up.   If I don't do this, I get flatter than Aunt Jemima's hot pancakes.   When I go flat, I get stuck behind or I flip and either way ain't pretty.   It's a simple aha but so critical to my consistency 

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Two of them: first I found I had been bending over too much at the waist at address. Worked on better posture and started hitting the ball much more solidly and accurately.

Second, my wedge play has been terrible for at least a couple of years. Discovered that I had started to address wedges with a somewhat closed clubface. This led to lower loft and basically took away the bounce. My wedge game of late has been much better, and lower scores have resulted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

------------------------------

Driver:   Titleist TSr2 11 - UST Helium 5F3

Fairway: Titleist TS2 16.5 and 21 - Evenflow Riptide CB R

Irons: Titleist U505 4U and T300 5-GW - Aerotech SteelFiber i80 R

Wedges:  Cleveland Black RTX ZipCore 54 and Full Face 58 - True Temper Dynamic Gold Wedge 

Putter:  Odyssey TriHot 5K TripleWide

Bag:  Titleist 15 Cart

Great topic SG! I have several that I have to continually concentrate on;

• DRIVER: If I don't clear my hips on the down-stoke, disaster usually looms.
  • FAIRWAYS: I must drag the clubhead away from the ball to start the back-swing and focus on something on the ground directly behind the ball.
  • LONG IRONS (this means you 5 & 6i!): Still waiting...
  • IRONS: Stay close to the ball and have a shallow take-away.
  • WEDGES: Must rotate body and arms like a pendulum and trust the bounce.
  • PUTTER: Lock my left elbow, trust the line and continue to focus on the spot where the ball was after it leaves the putter face.

Simple right? Like OG mentioned, I too tend to hurry sometimes and relapse on many of these learned lessons throughout a round. But if I relax behind the shot to find a target, tell myself; "Get it (insert target here)" and then jump into address with positive thoughts, many of these lessons happen naturally as long as I focus. Easy right???🤐

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

Oh, and in addition to the clubface alignment with my wedges, I had fallen into an mostly arms swing. Focusing on my shoulder turn helped immensely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

------------------------------

Driver:   Titleist TSr2 11 - UST Helium 5F3

Fairway: Titleist TS2 16.5 and 21 - Evenflow Riptide CB R

Irons: Titleist U505 4U and T300 5-GW - Aerotech SteelFiber i80 R

Wedges:  Cleveland Black RTX ZipCore 54 and Full Face 58 - True Temper Dynamic Gold Wedge 

Putter:  Odyssey TriHot 5K TripleWide

Bag:  Titleist 15 Cart