Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Bridgestone Announces Tour B XS in Tour Yellow

This one's been a popular request - Bridgestone is officially announcing the Tour B XS in Tour Yellow. Let the rejoicing commence!!

DSC07462.jpg

Previously, of the Tour B line only the lower compression (comparatively) RX and RXS featured Tour Yellow as an option. The firmer, Tour-level performance Tour B X and Tour B XS had only been available in white - and every story we've run on the blog about Bridgestone balls the comment section was clamoring for more Tour Yellow. 

The Tour B XS is, of course, the ball used by Bryson and Tiger.  Here's the release plus some pictures to make you happy today...

BRIDGESTONE GOLF INTRODUCES TOUR B XS YELLOW IN RESPONSE TO PLAYER DEMAND

Leader in Golf Ball Innovation Gives Players What They Want

COVINGTON, Ga. – (March 10, 2021) - Bridgestone Golf, the #1 Ball-Fitter in Golf, announced today
the release of the new Bridgestone TOUR B XS in yellow. Featuring all the same advanced
performance features and innovative technologies as the standard TOUR B XS, which was designed
with help of Tiger Woods, the new yellow version is a direct result of consumer demand.

“The TOUR B XS has a very large and enthusiastic following from players with fast swing speeds who
are seeking additional spin control around the green,” said Elliot Mellow, Golf Ball Marketing
Manager at Bridgestone Golf. “A significant number of those players indicated a desire for a yellow
option on our TOUR B XS model, and, being in tune with our consumers, we created it for them.”

DSC07353.jpg

Like the standard white TOUR B XS, the yellow version features REACTIV cover technology, which
employs an “impact modifier,” to allow the urethane to behave differently based on swing speed.
For example, when struck with a driver or any longer club, the REACTIV urethane cover “reacts,” as a
firmer, more resilient material, providing more speed and distance. However, on slower swings with a
wedge or short iron, the cover performs like a softer material, creating more shot-stopping spin and
control.

DSC07427.jpg

“While others focus on marketing hype and decorations, we’ve focused on making a better
performing ball,” said Dan Murphy, President and CEO of Bridgestone Golf. “The REACTIV cover
technology is the most dramatic change to cover construction since 2000 when we led the industry
from Balata to Urethane covered Tour balls.”

Other features of the TOUR B XS yellow include a three-piece construction, patented Gradational
Compression Core, and an Active Acceleration Mantle that helps provide maximum distance in the
long game. Another noteworthy aspect of the TOUR B XS yellow is that unlike many other colored
urethane models, it does not need to be painted, as the injection molded urethane cover material
already contains yellow pigment. Removing this step in the production process yields a more
consistent product that performs identically to the standard white model (which also does not
require a painting process).

DSC07750.jpg

The new Bridgestone TOUR B XS yellow golf ball with be available at retail on March 12 and will
feature a street price of $44.99/dozen. For help selecting which premium Bridgestone model is the
right ball for them, consumers should try Bridgestone’s VFIT for a free video ball-fitting consultation.

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

They used to come in yellow, before the current iteration. So did the Tour B X, which was my ball. I switched when they dropped the yellow. With my aging eyes the color is important to me. Any truth to the rumor that the color changed the cover performance enough that there was a measurable difference between yellow and white? I'd probably go back to the Tour B X if it comes back in yellow.

Moose, my cat, is Siamese

I'm in the same boat @Siamese Moose. I've since changed to Srixon ZStar XV because it's a premium-level ball, but the same ball is available in both white and yellow. On sunny days I'll play the white and on overcast days, the yellow. I find the yellow doesn't get lost in the clouds as much.

It would be interesting to see what Bridgestone's reasoning for not offering more colours is, as the previous Tour B series were available in many colours. I went into Victoria Sports in Tokyo in December 2019 and they had white, yellow, and a couple of pearl/metallic flake finishes available. Not sure how many people outside of Japan would buy pearl coloured balls, but it shows that those finishes are available in tour-level balls.

Cobra F9 9.5° (Hzrdus Yellow X)

Cobra Speedzone 15° (Tensei Blue X)

Srixon H85 19° (Hzrdus Black 85 6.0)

Mizuno MP20 MMC 4-PW (KBS $ Taper 120S)

Mizuno T20 51°, 55°, 59° (KBS $ Taper 120S)

Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5 34"

Srixon ZStar

• 3 weeks later...
It is well passed March 12th and these are nowhere to be found. What's the deal?

You can buy them on bridgestone’s site. If you want to find out about local purchase talk to you retailer.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Love seeing the yellow balls. I used to play yellow Pinnacles as a kid. Glad it's better balls now.

Take Dead Aim

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star