Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

What Do YOU Want in an Electric Trolley/Caddie/Cart

GolfSpy Barbajo

One of the takeaways from yesterday's article on the Electric Trolley Revolution is the fact that, with cellular connectivity, companies such as Motocaddy and the rest have the ability to add whatever features to their carts that golfers might want (click here if you haven't read the piece yet). 

The mechanical functionality of the cart is pretty much there -- I'm sure there will be materials upgrades, battery upgrades, etc in the coming years, but the basic functionality is spot on (although Oliver Churcher did say the possibility exists for a "hovercraft" type of cart - count me IN!). So the question to you all is this: what kind of features would you like to see in an electric trolley?

Do you want a bigger screen to watch football during your Saturday or Sunday rounds in the fall? Is a follow-type function important to you? Personally, I did enough illegal stuff in the 70s and 80s to make me paranoid enough, so I don't need something following me around for 18 holes, but that's just me 😉 .  Since the thing has a battery, do you want a bag with a built-in cooler? Do you want shot tracking - like a built-in ARCOSS or Shotscope? The sky is quite literally the limit, so what features or apps would be cool, fun or helpful - anything that can make  your round more enjoyable. 

Fire away - let's see what we can come up with./ 

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Thanks John, for me at age 70, I would like to see a follow feature similar to the Stewart Trolleys.  I can walk 18, but would really like the cart to follow me.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

I like things simple and I think there's too much 'connectivity' in all that we do these days. I'm using an old GoKart that was passed on to me, it's about 10 years old and I just put a new battery in, it has an on/off switch and speed control - perfect. 

I use my time golfing to get away from my phone/emails etc so as simple as possible for me please 🙂 

:cobra-small: Aerojet  🐺 

:cobra-small: F9 3/4 Wood Aldila NV 2KXV Blue 

:mizuno-small: JPX921SEL 4-PW Nippon Modus³ Tour 120 X

:titleist-small: SM8 50° F-Grind 

:titleist-small: SM8 54° F-Grind 

:titleist-small: SM8 58° K-Grind 

DStar 'Malvern' Putter 

:titelist-small: AVX & -ProV1X

:footjoy-small: Tour-X 

"Hey mister, your clubs are the wrong way round"..

In Texas we need an air conditioner!! 🤣

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson