Scottie Scheffler Joins Team TaylorMade

He was among the several eqipment free agents, but had several TM clubs incuding a Stealth in the bag.   So it's no surprise coming off his 2nd victory in a couple months that TM would want to lock him up.    

WORLD NO. 5 SCOTTIE SCHEFFLER JOINS TEAM TAYLORMADE WITH MULTI-YEAR AGREEMENT; SET TO PLAY STEALTH PLUS DRIVER, FAIRWAYS AND P·7TW IRONS

CARLSBAD, Calif. (March 9, 2022) – Fresh off his win at Bay Hill on Sunday, World No. 5 Scottie Scheffler and TaylorMade Golf Company announce a multi-year partnership. Scheffler secured his first two career PGA TOUR victories in 2022 in a three start span at the WM Phoenix Open and the Arnold Palmer Invitational with his Stealth Plus 8.0° Carbonwood driver and P·7TW irons.

420896 gettyimages 1381789699 902add large 1646785395

Photo courtsey of Getty Images

Scheffler will continue to feature his Stealth Plus Carbonwood driver and P·7TW irons in his TaylorMade staff bag, as well as Stealth fairway woods. 

In a preseason driver fitting session, TaylorMade reps visited Scheffler’s home state of Texas to begin testing of Stealth Plus. With his current Stealth Plus 8.0°, Scheffler saw average ball speed gains of 3.4 MPH (177.4 MPH with Stealth Plus vs 174.0 with previous gamer) and carry gains of just over 11 yards (305.8 with Stealth Plus vs 294.7 with previous gamer). After being dialed in to the right spec, he was able to continuously hit the desired shot shapes and shot types with the 60X Carbon Twist Face™ driver.

420912 scottie%20driver%20stealth%20final%20trimmed fde607 large 1646798207

Initial Driver Testing Averages with Stealth Plus 8.0°

420911 scottie%20driver%20previous%20final%20trimmed 94d9fd large 1646798178

Initial Driver Testing Averages with Previous Gamer

The Ryder Cup sensation put Stealth Plus in the bag at his first start of 2022 at the American Express in January and has seen an average increase of 4+ MPH ball speed in tournament competition compared to his 2020-21 season average. He has had the P·7TW irons in the bag since the 2021 American Express, while previously playing TaylorMade’s P·730 irons.

SCHEFFLER DID YOU KNOW

-       Scheffler has 12 Top-5 finishes and 20 Top-10 finishes, including three Top-10s in major championships since 2019

-       Scheffler has 21 rounds of 65 or lower and the most rounds of 62 or lower on the PGA TOUR since 2019, including a 59 at the 2020 Northern Trust

-       Has earned the most OWGR points in 2022 with 144 points and can ascend to World No. 1 with win this weekend at THE PLAYERS

-       Won 2.5 pts from a possible 3 for the US in the 2021 Ryder Cup as a rookie

-       2019-2020 PGA TOUR Rookie of the Year, 2019 Korn Ferry Rookie of the Year and winner of the 2013 U.S. Junior Amateur Championship

-       Both his PGA TOUR wins featured strong weekend performances going 62-67 to launch from T-44 after two rounds to 1st at the WM Phoenix Open and 68-72 to go from T-20 after two rounds to 1st at the Arnold Palmer Invitational

-       First PGA TOUR golfer to win twice in the same season when T-20+ through two rounds since 1987

JOINING THE WORLD'S BEST

TaylorMade has been committed to continuously breaking the barriers of product innovation and putting the best possible equipment in the hands of the most successful golfers across global professional tours. World No. 5 Scheffler joins three Team TaylorMade athletes in the OWGR Top 10: World No. 2 Collin Morikawa, World No. 6 Rory McIlroy and World No. 9 Dustin Johnson.

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

So 3 MPH gain in ball speed, and 11 yards of carry increase.  This is a PGA Pro who was playing about as custom fit driver as you can ask for previousy and he saw those gains.  So much for the crowd that if you are playing a current model driver that is custom fit, you can't find any more speed or distance with a new driver.   I'd say Scheffler has several million reasons to say that's not true..ha

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

48 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

So 3 MPH gain in ball speed, and 11 yards of carry increase.  This is a PGA Pro who was playing about as custom fit driver as you can ask for previousy and he saw those gains.  So much for the crowd that if you are playing a current model driver that is custom fit, you can't find any more speed or distance with a new driver.   I'd say Scheffler has several million reasons to say that's not true..ha

That’s a great perspective and just goes to show you how important it is to get refit and try some of the newer stuff. 

Driver: :titelist-small: TSR3 8 Ventus Red TR 8X

Fairway: :titelist-small: TSi2 16.5 Ventus Red TR 8X 

Hybrid:  :taylormade-small: Sim 2 - 19 Hybrid Tensei Orange 90TX or Srixon ZX 2 Iron - ADDI 105X

Irons:  :titelist-small: T200/T100S Black 4-AW - MMT 125TX

Wedges: :vokey-small: SM8 54.10S & 58.04T MMT 125TX (Soon to Test Toura Wedges with MMT 125TX)

Putter: Lajosi DD201

:titelist-small: Pro V1X Left Dash

55 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Broadly, I suspect that in robot testing, a lot of clubs are very similar. The differences get bigger, I think, because people are different. The feel of the club, the sound, even the look can not only give different golfers different subjective opinions, but can subtly change how different golfers deliver the club.

Could the look of a club give a player confidence to swing just a touch faster? I don't think that's an outlandish idea. Is that club "performing" better than another club? Well, for that guy it is, even if the two clubs are (from the perspective of the USGA) essentially the same.

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX E722 16.5°, Tensei AV RAW Blue 65 S
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 19°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 22°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:callaway-small: Epic Forged 7 27°
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 7–PW
Diamond Tour Inazone 3.0 50°, 54°, 58°, Aldila NV 95 Graphite
:L.A.B.: DF3, Counterbalanced 37", TPT shaft, Garsen Quad Tour 17"

Full WITB with pictures

4 minutes ago, GolfSpy MPR said:

Broadly, I suspect that in robot testing, a lot of clubs are very similar. The differences get bigger, I think, because people are different. The feel of the club, the sound, even the look can not only give different golfers different subjective opinions, but can subtly change how different golfers deliver the club.

Could the look of a club give a player confidence to swing just a touch faster? I don't think that's an outlandish idea. Is that club "performing" better than another club? Well, for that guy it is, even if the two clubs are (from the perspective of the USGA) essentially the same.

100% on board with the thought a look can inspire confidence and aid in producing better numbers. For any club in that matter.

Happy to see this for Scottie. My fantasy team has been even happier having him lead the way.

Nice that he was playing these clubs anyway and doesnt have to change much in his bag. 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

1 hour ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Same for Berger who saw 3mph gain in ball speed as well. I haven’t watched the TM fitting videos they put out a few weeks back but several of their pros were making gains too.

1 minute ago, GolfSpy MPR said:

Yes everything is going to be individualized in results. Weight change, the balance of the club can affect how one delivers a club which will impact results good or bad. It’s one of the reasons you see some golfers have success with shaft x then when they put it in a different head or new version of the one they are using it doesn’t always work. 

The way a club looks does affect how a golfer swings and this affecting performance. This was something my titleist fitter wanted to test after my 917 fitting. Once we had everything dialed in he asked if I was up to hitting some more shots as he wanted to test some settings and see the results and I was the last appointment for the day. He adjust lie and loft a couple times and based on how the club sat I manipulated my swing from the swing I was using and the results from the setup were bad. 

G400 LST worked well for him.  Quite honestly, the gains may have more to do with it being 4 years worth of newer shaft, head and ball tech rather than the Stealth being far superior.  

• PING G400 LST Mitsubishi Tensei White 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

6 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

He was among the several eqipment free agents, but had several TM clubs incuding a Stealth in the bag.   So it's no surprise coming off his 2nd victory in a couple months that TM would want to lock him up.    

WORLD NO. 5 SCOTTIE SCHEFFLER JOINS TEAM TAYLORMADE WITH MULTI-YEAR AGREEMENT; SET TO PLAY STEALTH PLUS DRIVER, FAIRWAYS AND P·7TW IRONS

CARLSBAD, Calif. (March 9, 2022) – Fresh off his win at Bay Hill on Sunday, World No. 5 Scottie Scheffler and TaylorMade Golf Company announce a multi-year partnership. Scheffler secured his first two career PGA TOUR victories in 2022 in a three start span at the WM Phoenix Open and the Arnold Palmer Invitational with his Stealth Plus 8.0° Carbonwood driver and P·7TW irons.

420896 gettyimages 1381789699 902add large 1646785395

Photo courtsey of Getty Images

Scheffler will continue to feature his Stealth Plus Carbonwood driver and P·7TW irons in his TaylorMade staff bag, as well as Stealth fairway woods. 

In a preseason driver fitting session, TaylorMade reps visited Scheffler’s home state of Texas to begin testing of Stealth Plus. With his current Stealth Plus 8.0°, Scheffler saw average ball speed gains of 3.4 MPH (177.4 MPH with Stealth Plus vs 174.0 with previous gamer) and carry gains of just over 11 yards (305.8 with Stealth Plus vs 294.7 with previous gamer). After being dialed in to the right spec, he was able to continuously hit the desired shot shapes and shot types with the 60X Carbon Twist Face™ driver.

420912 scottie%20driver%20stealth%20final%20trimmed fde607 large 1646798207

Initial Driver Testing Averages with Stealth Plus 8.0°

420911 scottie%20driver%20previous%20final%20trimmed 94d9fd large 1646798178

Initial Driver Testing Averages with Previous Gamer

The Ryder Cup sensation put Stealth Plus in the bag at his first start of 2022 at the American Express in January and has seen an average increase of 4+ MPH ball speed in tournament competition compared to his 2020-21 season average. He has had the P·7TW irons in the bag since the 2021 American Express, while previously playing TaylorMade’s P·730 irons.

SCHEFFLER DID YOU KNOW

-       Scheffler has 12 Top-5 finishes and 20 Top-10 finishes, including three Top-10s in major championships since 2019

-       Scheffler has 21 rounds of 65 or lower and the most rounds of 62 or lower on the PGA TOUR since 2019, including a 59 at the 2020 Northern Trust

-       Has earned the most OWGR points in 2022 with 144 points and can ascend to World No. 1 with win this weekend at THE PLAYERS

-       Won 2.5 pts from a possible 3 for the US in the 2021 Ryder Cup as a rookie

-       2019-2020 PGA TOUR Rookie of the Year, 2019 Korn Ferry Rookie of the Year and winner of the 2013 U.S. Junior Amateur Championship

-       Both his PGA TOUR wins featured strong weekend performances going 62-67 to launch from T-44 after two rounds to 1st at the WM Phoenix Open and 68-72 to go from T-20 after two rounds to 1st at the Arnold Palmer Invitational

-       First PGA TOUR golfer to win twice in the same season when T-20+ through two rounds since 1987

JOINING THE WORLD'S BEST

TaylorMade has been committed to continuously breaking the barriers of product innovation and putting the best possible equipment in the hands of the most successful golfers across global professional tours. World No. 5 Scheffler joins three Team TaylorMade athletes in the OWGR Top 10: World No. 2 Collin Morikawa, World No. 6 Rory McIlroy and World No. 9 Dustin Johnson.

Scottie is going to win a lot of Tournaments.  He needed to get that 1st win and this contract could help!

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

I'm so disappointed he didn't choose Srixon 😢.  Seriously, it would be fun to know who else courted him and how close the decision was - if it was at all. TM is definitely racking up the young guns.  

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)

1 hour ago, fixyurdivot said:

I'm so disappointed he didn't choose Srixon 😢.  Seriously, it would be fun to know who else courted him and how close the decision was - if it was at all. TM is definitely racking up the young guns.  

Hard to say if they were at all given her was already using the irons and driver which is likely why the deal with TM made sense for him. 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

7 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

The chances Srixon went after him is pretty low. Even though they fall under a large rubber company their golf budget for tour isn’t that high. The money or like have cost them probably isn’t worth the benefit in the long run. They would rather pay more people ball and glove deals than large sums of money for drivers and irons. Not to mention they just signed Koepka.

Hes been a free agent since turning pro and has been using TaylorMade for a little while. From his standpoint it makes sense to stay with what is working and not have to try new gear and get it all figured out while playing the meat of the pga season

Oh well, his loss.  Besides, now that I look at it, adding him would have created an imbalance 🙂

image.png.ac4ebd52a63bf5b22d99eca5bd1f3f6b.png

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)