Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Better Shaft for my TSI2 driver

Rhammer18

Good afternoon,
I currently play a TSI2 driver 
My swing speed is about 98 miles an hour 
The shaft in my driver is the Tensei Blue AV SFW 55 gram stiff.

I practice with the Lagshot driver. When using the Lagshot driver, I can feel the head load. 

However,  when I swing my driver, I am UNABLE to FEEL the head load in the shaft.

I am looking for a shaft that would help me have a better feeling of the head loading. 

I have done extensive research on graphite design shafts, but not any other manufacture 

What do you suggest?

TS2 woods

TS2 fairways & hybrid 

T300 5-8

T200 9& Pw

wedges SM8

45 minutes ago, Rhammer18 said:

Good afternoon,
I currently play a TSI2 driver 
My swing speed is about 98 miles an hour 
The shaft in my driver is the Tensei Blue AV SFW 55 gram stiff.

I practice with the Lagshot driver. When using the Lagshot driver, I can feel the head load. 

However,  when I swing my driver, I am UNABLE to FEEL the head load in the shaft.

I am looking for a shaft that would help me have a better feeling of the head loading. 

I have done extensive research on graphite design shafts, but not any other manufacture 

What do you suggest?

Hard to say exactly what you should be looking for since everyone gets different feels from different shafts.

Some things to think about:

Swing weight: Adding weight to your driver head, or moving towards a more low balance point shaft could give you more feeling in the head

Shaft profile: A softer butt section or mid section could help provide a "loading" sensation that you are looking for.

So it really is going to come down to finding something that feels good to you - not really going to be a straight forward process.

I am a HUGE Graphite Design wood shaft fan.  I would immediately steer you to the AD DI.  I love a shaft that feels explosive, while still feeling smooth.  A great stable feel without feeling boardy or lifeless.  As you can see in my signature I play AD DI in every single graphite shaft in my bag.  The BB is another classic shaft from GD that is even softer in the handle than the DI, but stiffer in the tip.  Another great feeling shaft that allowed me to really feel the shaft load.

It could be as simple as your swing with the driver has the club out of position and that’s why you can’t feel it and more than likely a shaft won’t change that.

The reality is that we all have different feels, preferences and swings that choosing a shaft blindly is anyones guess.

There are two ways to find out. Getting fit or buying shafts and trying them. As Mr lukes points out it could be a swing weight issue, an overall weight/balance issue, weight of the shaft or that a blue profile doesn’t fit your swing. 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

• 6 months later...

A cheap shaft to try that has massive feel is the blue evenflow riptide cb 

WITB