Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Terrible Service from MGI Golf Zip Navigator

SunilM

I purchased the Zip Navigator from MGI Golf in August last year, $1600. I had a hard time putting one of the wheels on when I got it but got it on anyway. I have literally used this cart two, maybe three times on the golf course, aside from testing it out in the neighborhood park. It has 23 miles on it. Stored it through the winter without removing the wheels and finally pulled it out to use it again. Had a difficult time getting the wheel off, since I wanted to grease the shaft, but managed to do so. Turns out one of the wheel shafts is bent. MGI, after demanding all kinds of information, claims the shaft is not covered by their 3 year warranty. Pointed out that is not mentioned on their website warranty clause, they then claimed it was damaged by me somehow. How I could damage a solid shaft like that is beyond me. They refuse to either repair, replace or refund the money on the cart. I am going to follow up with legal options but Buyer beware. This is not an organization that cares about customer service and hopefully none of you have the misfortune of dealing with their customers service operations.

IMG_2575.jpg

IMG_2579.jpg

That is really too bad you have had the experience and is still going on. 

The shop I worked in sold MGI and they were fantastic to work with, when customers had issues they replaced them, did battery warranties and much more. Now this was say 4 or 5 years ago now so much could have changed. 

However, hope that something is sorted. Was it purchased directly through MGI or through a shop that sells them?

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

3 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

That is really too bad you have had the experience and is still going on. 

The shop I worked in sold MGI and they were fantastic to work with, when customers had issues they replaced them, did battery warranties and much more. Now this was say 4 or 5 years ago now so much could have changed. 

However, hope that something is sorted. Was it purchased directly through MGI or through a shop that sells them?

Yes, I hope it gets sorted out. I purchased it directly from MGI. I think when their carts were manufactured and serviced in Australia, their service was far better as they were trying to gain a foothold in the US. Now, with them being manufactured in China, the service based on my experience has deteriorated markedly. I am certainly not giving up and will do whatever I have to to make sure they honor their warranty. They really need to better focus on their customers. 

That is unfortunate they didn't offer you a better alternative vs having to resort to legal hassles.

Otoh .. this is a good warning to all to carefully inspect deliveries upon receipt, including the packaging, for *any* signs of damage...

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

8 minutes ago, cksurfdude said:

That is unfortunate they didn't offer you a better alternative vs having to resort to legal hassles.

Otoh .. this is a good warning to all to carefully inspect deliveries upon receipt, including the packaging, for *any* signs of damage...

Yes, that is very important to check ahead of time! Something we shouldn't have to do, but would be a good habit to get into.

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

I just sent out my Navigator Quad Gyro to them and it arrived on Monday. It started having a mind of its own and "recalibrating" it per their instructions did not help. Got it from a family member and we think it was just within the time warrantee. We'll see what they say, hopefully I can report back that I enjoyed the experience. Time will tell. 

• 1 month later...

Hi there. I know you said item was new but am curious when it was purchased. Reason is that I had the first iteration of the navigator and after a few years same thing happened to me through no fault of my own. was out of warranty. Called them about getting new part and they told me that in subsequent updates to the navigator they made the axels thicker as this was a known issue and that they no longer had the old components anymore so would need to buy a whole new motor unit.

In the end a friend with some tools helped bend it straighter and then used either a Dremel or sanding tool to get ti even straighter. It "worked" after that just fine.

Next year it got destroyed in a flood at my golf course who replaced it with a new AT model under warranty.

Prior to that I had 1 claim with MGI over a dead battery and the service was very good.

If you have the newer thicker axel system, I would contact the store you bought it from and have them make any warranty claims.

I bought it in August 2022 directly from MGI. I would assume it had the newer thicker axel. As you might be able to tell from my photo that I initially posted, the axle is pretty thick and virtually impossible to bend,  so it must have been delivered to me that way. I am not done with this saga and will try and call them one last time. Otherwise it is off to court as I feel quite done in as a consumer. This is the last time I purchase anything from MGI and will definitely look at other manufacturers instead.

... I have found MGI customer service to be hit or miss. Great for one thing and abysmal for another. My MGI quad axel had a shorter pin on one side than the other. It was very difficult removing the wheel to put in free roll mode when the battery died and then impossible to get back on. They could have cared less and claimed it was something I did so not covered under warranty. Then the electronics went out and they "sent me" a new Motor Board. But instead of a motor board they sent me a new rear axel?!? I had to send them a picture of the axel to "prove" I got the wrong part so I did. Several days later they wanted another picture of the axel in the shipping box with the shipping label to be sure I didn't just take a picture of a new axel. Where the he!! would I get a picture of a new axel? After jumping through hoops they sent a new motor board but it took almost a month to get the parts. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...