Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Blue Tees Series 3 Max

jbsap

I've had my Series 3 Max for about a year now.  My brutally honest opinion in a nut shell? JUNK.  Now let me provide some insight on how I got to that conclusion.  My first rangefinder was a bushnell V4.  I loved it, I used and abused that thing and never had a problem with it over the 3 plus years I had it.  I "got rid" of it when magnetic rangefinders became all the range, and to be honest I am a sucker for shiny new golf stuff.  The v4 came to it's demise when I bought a magnetic strap for it thinking I was being smart and saving money from buying a v5.  First weekend tournament with it, left it on a cart windshield frame.  Luckily a friend found it and returned it to me.  Fast forward a month, did it again on vacation.  Never to be seen again.  

My wife bought me a v5 Shift for my birthday to replace it.  Welp, as luck would have it, two rounds later same thing.  As ashamed as I was, I purchased another without ever saying a word and just ate the $400.  The next one lasted almost a year, and then same thing happened.  Now before we all rush to the conclusion that I need to be more responsible/ less sauced up at the end of a round.  I get it.  Magnets aren't the problem, I am.  The point is, I stopped spending the money on what I knew to be a quality product that I could trust because I kept finding the same things happening over and over again.  So I find a Blue Tees Series 3 Max for a deal brand new.  It was pink, I guess thats why I got it cheap.  I bought a 20 dollar silicone cover for it, complete with an airtag holder.  Let me tell you that has solved the leaving it behind problem.  

Now why it's still junk.  The numbers are so unreliable its insane.  With the slope feature off it isn't horrendous, within a yard or two of a bushnell on side by side comparisons.  I can live with that.  But the selling point, the slope feature.  It is awful.  Again, I can live with a yard or two one way or another.  What I can't deal with, is opposite adjustments.  For example, slightlly downhill par 3 about 165 yards on no slope readings.  Turn the slop on, Bushnell is knocking 4 yards off to top of the flag.  Blue Tees? Adding 4.  The further the shot the worse the gap would get, I've seen as much as 14 yards between slope readings.  Ive changed batteries, despite having full power readings, ive cleaned lenses etc.  For whatever reason it stays the same.  Maybe mine is a defective unit?  Lesson learned, trust what you know works.  Im sure there are some good options outside of bushnell out there.  This is just my experience.  Anyone else have something similar?  

D=Stealth 2 - Accra TZ RPG Tour M4+ 462 (D7)
FW = Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Triple Diamond - Tensei AV White 75 Tour X(D5)
Ping iCrossover 3 iron - Hzrdus Red RDX 6.5(D5)
4-5 =Titleist T100 - Modus 120X - 2 Deg. Flat (D6)
6-P =Titleist 620CB - Modus 120x - 2 Deg. Flat, 1 Deg. Strong (D6)
50/54 =Callaway Jaws Raw - Modus 120X 2 Deg. Flat (D6, D7)
58= Callaway Jaws Raw Full Toe - Modus 120x - 2 Deg. Flat (D7)
Putter - Taylormade Spider Ghost (2024) 
Ball - Titleist ProV1X Left Dash
Bag - Vessel Players 3 Carbon Navy