Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Unofficial Bridgestone ball test

Samuel09152

I'd be surprised if it wasn't designed for more entry level players to boost confidence. I've played some cheap balls, and I've played some not so cheap balls. I tend to stay mid-price point, until my game improves.  I know that the stats on the RX and RXS were for lower swing speeds

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

Posted (edited)

I first want to say, I'm super excited about this. I have nevery really hit bridgestone balls unless i found them on the course. So I dont have alot to compare the prototype to that is made by them. I ended up going out to buy last years model to compare and then I will compare to either an AVX or a Tour Response Stripe (these are the two balls I usually play on course). 

First impressions on this ball

This ball feels soft, it feels legit. Have I been sleeping on these? From first glance, it does look like it. This ball is soft but firm at the same time, not sure how to explain it. The outter layer reminds me of a Callaway Chromesoft and a Titlest AVZ with the mix of dimples and the use of more rigid dimples (I guess i mean more like craters instead of smooth round dimples like the ProV or the Tour Response). With a closer look at the dimple, it almost looks like their are small dimples in the dimples. It is interesting.  The Font looks good, and the red number hits my eye perfect. The alignment line on the ball looks simple but elegant as well, I like the font and use of the BOLD on only the type ball it is. The two arrows are nice, the outter most being full and the inner being just an outline. It is a sutle to the eye. Over all I give this ball a 9/10 on looks, the minus one point is because the white is so glossy I am having a hard time if there is a dimple in the dimple or if the paint wasn't even. 

IMG_4703.jpeg.710db27982f8bc930aed627b06e66645.jpegDimplepatterns.jpg.6204acaa877b539f282d95c54a52213b.jpgSIDEBYSIDE2.jpg.30f1d20287be004b8d56847de18dda8e.jpg

I did cut one of the old model ones open to see the inside, and I cut the new one as well. They both have the ReactivIQ covering and are 3 layer balls after cutting them open. They both have beautiful insides. I can not wait to hit these balls and get numbers about which one is better and how they stack up againt my current gamers.

InisdeGolfballs2.jpg.f39bb2a96522a73388f6dd2e2f1af73e.jpg

On Course Thoughts (Round 1- First thoughts)

I went and played on course yesterday, It was a little busy so I did not grab a lot of pictures or videos this time. After playing them though, I think I found a new ball. This ball gave me all the feedback that I need. On drive, it felt very firm and ball flight was perfect! With irons, I either hit the best I have hit in a while and I gain 5 yards or the ball is working miracles lol Honestly it is probably a little of both. The wedges the ball was super responsive, I was able to get it to spin some and nip it a couple times. Putting the ball was good for the most part, nothing way bad and nothing way good. The issue I saw was the duriablilty. I after 6 holes, and 2 bunker shots, the ball was scraped up. I switched balls after 6 holes. 

Scoring: 

Distance - 11/10 (again could have been me as well)

Spin - 10/10 (felt like I had more then enough spin for me to control around the green)

Durability - 7/10 (I feel like for a tour ball, the outer covering should be able to take more and not look like it got into a fight)

Overall - 27/30, through 1 full round I may have found me a new gamer.

This ball played well and is always on sell at my local golf stores. I will likely be buying these going forward. Round 2-4 could give different results though, so we will see going forward. 

Other rounds and Testing:

So I sent much of my New Years break playing these balls on the simulator because it was to cold to play outside (it was in the 30-40s in Alabama and I am a baby with the cold). On the simulator I tested the ball against the AVX, Tour Response, and the old RX. I will say it preformed better then expected how ever the AVX was still in my opinion the better ball. This prototype held its own with the Tour Response and the old RX though. The AVX roughly got me on average 5-10 yards further with a 8i, had more spin (according to the Garmin R10, which is known to be very inaccurate with spin numbers), and better duriablility. Do not let this discourage you though because the AVX at the moment cost $15 more. This Prototype was spot on with the other balls which would be considered one step down from their makers top notch ball. It cost $5-10 less then the Tour Response at the moment as well. To be honest, I am not sure what exactly was changed becasue the core in the ball, and Bridgestone may not have changed the core but only changed the color. The ball felt a little more firm then the old RX which led to 1-3 yards more but lacked in the duriablility. The outter layer was easily scuffed in my opinion which led to me wanting to change balls more often given the MGS article about clean balls going further. 

Final Scoring:

Looks-  10/10 

Distance- 9/10 (-1 point because distance was not as long as an AVX but saving grace is cost)

Spin- 9/10 (Same as distance)                

Durability- 7/10 (disappointed in the durability of the ball. It was easly scuffed and scratched to easily in my opinion)

Overall- 35/40

This ball has proven to me that it is a true gamer. It will make its way into my bag, and will be used in the rotation for sure. For the cost and how often it is on sale compared to the AVX and Tour Response, it may even become the main ball. It truly is a BANG FOR THE BUCK! Go give it a try! 

Edited by Samuel09152
It posted it twice

Samuel Hanvey 

Great review. I agree with the scuffing part. I only hit about 50 shots in the back yard and it seemed to be marred after that. Depending on weather I will game these this week. Do some putting tests too against another ball as well.

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Interesting to note that Bridgestone is trying a dimple within a dimple. That has been a staple of the Top-Flite upper quality balls for years.

If you look to the left of the 1 just below the o of top you can clearly see the dimple within a dimple. I am not very fond of this ball. It feels like the extra dimple made the thing float off the driver, and thusly is a horror to play in the wind. No, I did not go buy a box of these, but I have found and played a few. 

The pictures offered by the testers do show kind of a depressed dimple within the dimple. I would be very interested to see how it's flight compares to the Gamer in the picture. 

8 Gamer.jpg

Driver :taylormade-small: Sim Max2

Hybrids :ping-small: G430 2, 3, 4

Irons :srixon-small: ZX4 6-PW

Wedges :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 50, 54, 58

Putter :odyssey-small: 2Ball Ten ArmLock

Golf cart MGI Zip Navigator

:Arccos:

I will try to find this thread and out my thoughts when I get back stateside, probably late January. I think I received test balls as well, package pending at local UPS. I currently game Tour BX or ProV1 2023 models, and have some trackman access, so will schedule sessions to get indoor dry ball data. Stay tuned 

17042887432135476224114580871198.jpg.7707d9c544450677c3b204079a94d9f5.jpg

This mizuno RB566 ball has what I would call double dimples, it has them on the surface as well as the inside of the dimples.

Compared against a B330RX it seems to be a common Bridgestone cover mold

17042892644102662243326687561825.jpg.2a97f19832d3b536624712076fa3f02a.jpg

Are you guys noticing any left to right dispersion improvements vs your gamer balls? I am curious if the dimple-in-dimple cover is supposed to help keep the ball flying straighter? 

WITB (link to detailed post here):

Driver:  Cobragolflogo.png.602fb363b272aeca0ae57ab591da02de.png LTDx 9* (ProjectX BlueSmoke Stiff)

Fairway metals:  TITLEIST_logo_15px.png.86858562876473681822bdce0336ecd4.png 3W TSR2 14.25* (ProjectX BlueSmoke Stiff) | PXG_Logo.png.e8b8454bf242754d2326ecb0a719cd30.png 5W Gen4 0341XF (Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 75 S)

Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.e8b8454bf242754d2326ecb0a719cd30.png4H Gen4 0317XF (Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 75HY S)

Irons:   Sub70.png.5f7ea5565c2690f7d237f327e2e5238a.png 659 CB 5-AW (Project X Rifle 6.0)

Wedges:   Sub70.png.5f7ea5565c2690f7d237f327e2e5238a.png 286 54* & 58* (KBS Tour 120 S)

Putter:  Sub70.png.5f7ea5565c2690f7d237f327e2e5238a.png AL-6 armlock | Unofficial review here

Ball:   Vice_logo.png.282566e7be35424dbb3a5d3359e6385f.png pro drip: red & blue | MAXFLI_logo_15px.png.137df4bf59bf3628d99abc6ca08fd43f.png Tour S

Pushcart:  clicgear_logo.png.5569d627daa35e79384784c8a4e886f4.png 4.0 | '23 MGS Clicgear 4.0 Pushcart Tester | Link here

11 minutes ago, jbern said:

Are you guys noticing any left to right dispersion improvements vs your gamer balls? I am curious if the dimple-in-dimple cover is supposed to help keep the ball flying straighter? 

To be honest, I didnt even look into that but will be now. I can say on the course, the ball seemed to stay straighter overall, but there were some bad balls mixed with some shots that I think the wind caught and turn a fade into a slice a little more then I expected. 

Samuel Hanvey 

I've now played 3 rounds using the BX. I've noticed straighter ball flights. The last round I played was 20mph wind basically all day with gusts over that. ThenBX seems to almost cut through the wind a little better than other balls I've played. Distances weren't terribly far off considering how windy it was and the fact it was 50 degrees. I'm also interested in the durability issue everyone keeps mentioning. I haven't noticed any issues other than normal wear and tear. I've played 3 rounds and used 5 balls and that's because 2 of the balls ended up in the water. I've played a firmer course around 6000 yards and a softer course at 7200 yards so I've hit a variety of clubs and havent really noticed the durability issues. I've spent close to 2 hours just working on 50 yards and in over the last 2 weeks and those 3 balls I've been using, I'd go play with them right now on course.

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

51 minutes ago, jbern said:

I will get back to this after tomorrow. 

Today was a good day on testing the Bridgestone prototype balls.  Hour and a half on the practice side, putting and chipping.  36 holes of golf. 18 on the par 3 course, and 18 on the big boy course.

Practice areas- played the RX and RXS against Callaway warbirds.  Night and day difference between the two, both on feel, impact, and speed. The RXS was definitely the winner for today on both practice and on course.  Probably has to do with the temps starting from 34⁰ then up-to 46⁰ by 3pm. Ground was hard, greens were fast.  Had nearly 2 hole-in-ones as well.

Pitching was impressive to me the most. Between 25 and 40 yards,  at different locations . As hard as the ground was, the ball checked and rolled out only a foot or two. Except for the Callaway. IT rolled out 4 foot + from landing  to stopping.

20240104_095347.jpg.2c975759d68702eddaccefb8a9af14ff.jpg

This is from 145 yards, 7 wood. RXS and RX.

20240104_112332.jpg.bfa1e4a87be6d405eb100053559c5048.jpg

The video at the end is a cross post test of the AI-ONE putter and the Bridgestone prototype balls. 

Durability wise, they held up well through 36 holes. Winds were 10-20 mph, mostly left to right a good part of the day. I'd consider gaming either of these along side my current gamer (CS triple track yellow).

To answer @jbern question,  these definitely maintained a lower trajectory off the driver, 3w, and 7w than im used to. But with a 8i, 9i and pw, they lofted quite nicely. My 7i is still middle ground, which is why I opted for the 7w

I'd like to REALLY course  test them against the NEW chrome lineup!

20240104_112325.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I have finally gotten a chance to get out and do a proper test and prepare some feedback regarding my experience with the prototype Bridgestone Tour B RX and RXS.  The first and most important part of my feedback is to recognize forum member @Rob Person who has been all over this topic and was kind enough to share some prototypes with me after seeing my comments in the thread.  Thanks Rob!

About my game

I will start by saying I am best described as a very average golfer that can hammer full shots.   I lack a finesse game and need to work on it and establish more deliberate practice effort to this important aspect.   I get streaky and lucky at times, but need to develop technique and understand the right shot that is required in close.  I do well from the tee and really most full shots---driver, fairways, long irons, and anything more than a 3/4 swing is where I am comfortable.  I haven't done a lot on a simulator and generally don't care much for hitting off of mats so I don't know swing speeds etc but depending on a lot of things generally--driver is 280 or better, 3W 250, 3i 220, 5i 200, 7i 175 and so on....

I had been playing Vice Pro and Pro Plus balls and had been pretty happy with them.  I had occasionally played a few Tour b X or XS's that I had picked up a felt liked the feel and mostly the performance.   A while back my wife offered to pick up some balls for me as she knew I was planning on grabbing a box before a weekend outing and I wanted to use some high-vis balls.   I gave her a few options to grab and she came home with Tour B X's (several boxes because the guy at the store gave her a special deal because she was nice enough to stop in and make a purchase and had no idea what she was buying other than what was on the list---lol).   I have played and been happy with the Tour B X's ever since.

My Test Method

As the weather has not been great and I think most folks have gone dormant for the winter, the courses are really open and available.   I struggle to find a partner so I have been playing around a bit playing two balls trying different shots or playing one ball "irons only" etc.  For this exercise, I played the course the way I normally would but used 3 balls---Tour B X (control), Vice Pro (as I still had some), and the prototype Tour B RX that Rob sent me using the best ball of the three on each hole.

My Test Discoveries

It was cold, wet, and dreary but as I was using my standard ball as a control sample I am able to fairly compare what I was seeing.

Long Game

Excluding any obvious mis-hits on my part, the standard Tour B X off the tee was the best performer from a distance perspective.  The Tour B X felt more firm and explosive off the face and just appeared faster and more penetrating in flight.  On average I would suggest that with the driver I saw about a 8-10 yard performance advantage on the Tour B X.   That advantage was not as great on other clubs however---for instance I used the 5 iron a few times and the gap tightened a bit to on average 5 yards or less.  On a couple occasions I did put the Prototype on top of the X or just past it undoubtedly strike  quality is a factor.  I can play any of the balls here and be happy, but the Tour B X had a decided advantage.

Short Game

While I admit I lose a lot of shots here and really have a bit of inconsistency, I didn't see a lot of difference between any of the balls.   I wanted to keep track on my score card which ball I most often putted after a short game stroke, but lost discipline along the way, but would guess that I may have had the Prototype ball come out on top.   Unfortunately I can't really ascertain if there was a direct relationship to the ball or simply due to chance.   

Other

The only other attribute that I can really comment on is durability.   I noted that both Bridgestone balls appeared to be more durable.  The Vice ball did not hold up as well in wedge play as i noted the cover getting scuffed seemingly more easily or often and I don't think this would have anything to do with my play.

Conclusion

I could play any of these balls, but from what I experienced I would say that the Tour B X is best for me and likely due to it being a better fit and/or a higher compression that is providing a preferred feel or distance.  Bridgestone makes a high quality ball and I think it boils down to personal preference.

This was fun and I enjoyed this opportunity!

• Driver- image.png.e24a2409101bd1ac07c78edcf8303773.png G430 Max 10K -9* -Fujikura Ventus TR Black 6-X 
  • Fairway - -:titleist-small: TSr2 15*  3 Wood Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0 Gen 4
  • Fairway - image.png.48336341476630da4be4ad7cac012b8a.png- TSr2 18*  5 Wood Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0 Gen 4
  • UDI- :ping-small:- iCrossover Utility Driving 3 iron Project X HZRDUS Red 6.0 sometimes  :Sub70: -699 Pro 4 -22* Driving Iron UST Proforce V2 Stiff
  • Irons- :srixon-small:- ZX4 MK II 5-7, Srixon ZX5 8-P Nippon Pro Modus 3 Tour 105 X-Stiff
  • Wedges-  :cleveland-small:- RTX Zip Core 50*, 54* Nippon Modus 3 Wedge, 58* True Temper Dynamic Gold S400
  • Putter- :EVNROLL: - ER5v Short Slant
  • Ball-  Bridgestone Tour B X
  • Bag- :ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag

Thanks for sharing your experience. Sounds like you had some fun with it.  Bridgestone did release a prototype B-X and B-XS too. Curious how those may stack up against your currently played version?

I've done a little more playing with them, and can almost definitively say that with my swing speed and distances, I'd probably lose the X version alot more to the woods than i do with the B RX.

Glad to see they held up well for you too. I had 1 that scuffed pretty badly, but that may have come from top skulling it on a wedge shot. Lol

*disclaimer- Bridgestone has NOT requested any formal or imformal feedback, emailed any forms,  or sent any disclosures with these balls, nor have I seen anything in writing prohibiting me from sharing my experience about them * if MGS deems this topic to be unlawful in anyway, please remove it.  Thanks*

image.png.3c3ca96b009edfdb085ab372a2b2e821.png

Excited to see what they've done with the new X and XS, and to try them!

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

4 hours ago, yungkory said:

image.png.3c3ca96b009edfdb085ab372a2b2e821.png

Excited to see what they've done with the new X and XS, and to try them!

I was impressed with them. Definitely designed for slower swing speeds imo.

As a Cold weather ball is not too bad either

On 1/13/2024 at 9:26 AM, Rob Person said:

Bridgestone did release a prototype B-X and B-XS too. Curious how those may stack up against your currently played version?

Yes.  I agree.  I would love to get my hands on these prototypes and compare.  (Bridgestone are you reading?)

I do believe the X and XS fit me better so it was a little unfair of a comparison in my experiment, but they seem like great balls that I could use.  

• Driver- image.png.e24a2409101bd1ac07c78edcf8303773.png G430 Max 10K -9* -Fujikura Ventus TR Black 6-X 
  • Fairway - image.png.48336341476630da4be4ad7cac012b8a.png- TSr2 18*  5 Wood Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0 Gen 4
  • UDI- :ping-small:- iCrossover Utility Driving 3 iron Project X HZRDUS Red 6.0 sometimes  :Sub70: -699 Pro 4 -22* Driving Iron UST Proforce V2 Stiff
  • Irons- :srixon-small:- ZX4 MK II 5-7, Srixon ZX5 8-P Nippon Pro Modus 3 Tour 105 X-Stiff
  • Wedges-  :cleveland-small:- RTX Zip Core 50*, 54* Nippon Modus 3 Wedge, 58* True Temper Dynamic Gold S400

Another shoutout to @Rob Person for spreading the love on this ball testing opportunity. It was a lot of fun to clash the prototype balls against each other!

When I first received the Bridgestone balls I chipped and putted them around the house comparing them to the Titleist TEST, Maxfli Tour S and Vice Pro. I thought they felt pretty good when chipping. They did feel slightly soft and mushy compared to other balls, but they seemed to spin very similarly to the other balls. Putting I could tell a pretty big difference and I didn’t like the feel off the putter at all. They seemed to squish or stay on the face of the putter longer than other balls and that led to vast differences in distance control.

I was able to get to the simulator last week and compare the Bridgestone RX Test ball to the Titleist test ball and the Maxfli Tour S on an HD golf simulator.

The Bridgestone RX distance was comparable to the Maxfli Tour S and Titleist TEST balls for the 50* and 7i, but dropped off significantly for the driver. My average club head speed was between 107.8 and 108 for all driver swings, but there is a 10 yard difference on average between the RX test ball and the other two balls.

BridgestoneRXTESTvs-CARRY.png.1f698fc368bf10f744f33a709b40ba92.png

Feel on full swings was good and I enjoyed the sound of the ball off of my Sub70 659CB irons. The sound was a nice and muted. The spin feature on the simulator was not working, which is the other big data point I wish I had. I am a pretty high spin player so I look for a ball that helps keep spin down a little bit. It was impossible for me to judge in the simulator what the spin was doing between the balls.

With the dimple-in-dimple pattern the RX ball had, I was hoping to see a better dispersion with the RX vs the other two balls, but all three dispersion groupings were identical for all three clubs. 

In summary, The ball is good, but I would not game this ball regularly based on driver distance being 10 yds shorter than the other balls and the feel off the putter being squishy and not to my liking. 

Driver:  Cobragolflogo.png.602fb363b272aeca0ae57ab591da02de.png LTDx 9* (ProjectX BlueSmoke Stiff)

Fairway metals:  TITLEIST_logo_15px.png.86858562876473681822bdce0336ecd4.png 3W TSR2 14.25* (ProjectX BlueSmoke Stiff) | PXG_Logo.png.e8b8454bf242754d2326ecb0a719cd30.png 5W Gen4 0341XF (Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 75 S)

Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.e8b8454bf242754d2326ecb0a719cd30.png4H Gen4 0317XF (Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 75HY S)

Irons:   Sub70.png.5f7ea5565c2690f7d237f327e2e5238a.png 659 CB 5-AW (Project X Rifle 6.0)

Wedges:   Sub70.png.5f7ea5565c2690f7d237f327e2e5238a.png 286 54* & 58* (KBS Tour 120 S)

Putter:  Sub70.png.5f7ea5565c2690f7d237f327e2e5238a.png AL-6 armlock | Unofficial review here

Ball:   Vice_logo.png.282566e7be35424dbb3a5d3359e6385f.png pro drip: red & blue | MAXFLI_logo_15px.png.137df4bf59bf3628d99abc6ca08fd43f.png Tour S

Pushcart:  clicgear_logo.png.5569d627daa35e79384784c8a4e886f4.png 4.0 | '23 MGS Clicgear 4.0 Pushcart Tester | Link here

8 hours ago, jbern said:

Feel on full swings was good and I enjoyed the sound of the ball off of my Sub70 659CB irons. 

@jbern--I almost got those 659CBs before I got my Srixons.   I had Sub70 699 Pros and wanted to upgrade and went the Srixon route which I don't regret--love them, but always thought those 659CBs would be nice.   I assume you enjoy them.

8 hours ago, jbern said:

Another shoutout to @Rob Person for spreading the love on this ball testing opportunity. It was a lot of fun to clash the prototype balls against each other!

When I first received the Bridgestone balls I chipped and putted them around the house comparing them to the Titleist TEST, Maxfli Tour S and Vice Pro. I thought they felt pretty good when chipping. They did feel slightly soft and mushy compared to other balls, but they seemed to spin very similarly to the other balls. Putting I could tell a pretty big difference and I didn’t like the feel off the putter at all. They seemed to squish or stay on the face of the putter longer than other balls and that led to vast differences in distance control.

I was able to get to the simulator last week and compare the Bridgestone RX Test ball to the Titleist test ball and the Maxfli Tour S on an HD golf simulator.

The Bridgestone RX distance was comparable to the Maxfli Tour S and Titleist TEST balls for the 50* and 7i, but dropped off significantly for the driver. My average club head speed was between 107.8 and 108 for all driver swings, but there is a 10 yard difference on average between the RX test ball and the other two balls.

BridgestoneRXTESTvs-CARRY.png.1f698fc368bf10f744f33a709b40ba92.png

Feel on full swings was good and I enjoyed the sound of the ball off of my Sub70 659CB irons. The sound was a nice and muted. The spin feature on the simulator was not working, which is the other big data point I wish I had. I am a pretty high spin player so I look for a ball that helps keep spin down a little bit. It was impossible for me to judge in the simulator what the spin was doing between the balls.

With the dimple-in-dimple pattern the RX ball had, I was hoping to see a better dispersion with the RX vs the other two balls, but all three dispersion groupings were identical for all three clubs. 

In summary, The ball is good, but I would not game this ball regularly based on driver distance being 10 yds shorter than the other balls and the feel off the putter being squishy and not to my liking. 

Glad you were able to test them with numbers. The RX and RXS are designed for slower swing players, so seeing a difference in yardage that low is not too bad IMO. Wish I had the X amd XS to compare against your gamer balls, as they would seem more geared towards higher swing speeds!  Thanks for sharing your feedback!

Looks like @jbern confirmed what my experience was perhaps from a different angle and in comparison to some different balls---shorter with the driver/ similar performance elsewhere/ less compressed feel.   I'm not familiar with the Maxfli, but I did expect the results I experienced in comparison to the Tour B X for sure.   Perhaps it's me or perhaps the conditions didn't expose it for me, but I didn't note as much of a feel difference with the putter as @jbern indicated.

I also have to agree on the putting side of things....sort of.

On putts under 10',  no discernible shortness on putts, and they slowed nicely to the cup.  Over 15' away, I had impose some extra force to get it to really roll up to or past the hole, as they seemed to lose inertia quicker, leaving me short by a bit.

Note* as with any ball, if it's your true gamer, once you learn it's characteristics,  you can remember its tendencies and compensate for them easier.

3 hours ago, KevB_44 said:

@jbern--I almost got those 659CBs before I got my Srixons.   I had Sub70 699 Pros and wanted to upgrade and went the Srixon route which I don't regret--love them, but always thought those 659CBs would be nice.   I assume you enjoy them.

Yes, I like them very much! They sound phenomenal and feel great when struck pure! I’d recommend them to anyone.
I do think I could use some more forgiveness at the 5-6 iron spots and the gapping between my 5 iron and 4hybrid is bigger than I’d like. So there’s still work to do on the bag, but that’s a never ending journey! Haha

3 hours ago, KevB_44 said:

Looks like @jbern confirmed what my experience was perhaps from a different angle and in comparison to some different balls---shorter with the driver/ similar performance elsewhere/ less compressed feel.   I'm not familiar with the Maxfli, but I did expect the results I experienced in comparison to the Tour B X for sure.   Perhaps it's me or perhaps the conditions didn't expose it for me, but I didn't note as much of a feel difference with the putter as @jbern indicated.

I am now curious if there’s much of a distance loss on the fairway woods/hybrids because those are clubs that have higher club head speeds. Maybe I’ll give it a test if I get a chance. 

The putting thing is tough because I am used to the Vice Pro that I played all season. So these softer balls like the Titleist TEST ball and the Bridgestone I tend to struggle with. For whatever reason, the Maxfli Tour S is a softer ball than the Vice, but it clicks and releases very similarly to the Vice. I should also note that I’m am not a world class putter by any stretch, but I’m working on it 😁

2 hours ago, Rob Person said:

Note* as with any ball, if it's your true gamer, once you learn its characteristics,  you can remember its tendencies and compensate for them easier.

Yes, I think that’s what happened to me with the Titleist test balls and this Bridgestone ball and my putting. I played exclusively the Vice Pro all of 2023 until the Titleist white box opportunity came up and at the same time I bought a couple dozen Maxfli Tour S balls. 

14 minutes ago, jbern said:

I am now curious if there’s much of a distance loss on the fairway woods/hybrids because those are clubs that have higher club head speeds. Maybe I’ll give it a test if I get a chance. 

I think that is likely the case so i am curious as to what you discover. I was losing distance due to the 30F temps no matter the ball, but the longer the club the larger the differential I noticed (in consistent conditions).  I suspect it is directly related to the compression and the club head speed.   I don't recall hitting a fairway in my testing but noted a larger drop in distance on my 5 iron shots than when playing say my 50 degree wedge (where surprisingly i was able to hit shots consistently enough to through a blanket over them).   For instance--a long Par 3---landed the Tour BX on the green from about 190 but i was a good 10 yards short with the prototype.   I'm sure my inconsistency and/or wind was also a factor, but there was a trend of the prototype being a nit shorter so....

• 5 weeks later...

I did some of my own ball testing today and then did a search for information on the New Release 2024 Bridgestone balls.

As a result I stumbled onto this thread and thought I would share some of the information and data. 

First off, I have been playing the Bridgestone BX & BRX for about three years, along with the Pro V1.

In Colorado when the temps start to drop I use the BRX. I also gave the BRX from last year a harder look after it tested so well in the 2023 My Golf Spy ball test. 

Today just for fun, I tested the BX and BRX form last year, The Titleist Pro V1 from last year, The New Callaway Chrome Tour and The New Bridgestone BX released within the last few weeks. 

I am in Northern Colorado at about 4800 feet, I am hitting the 2021 Taylormade P 790 8 Iron with S Nippon NS 850 pro shafts. The launch monitor is a Bushnell Launch Pro unlocked. I used the 5 closest average hits. Indoors off of the mat I tend to see spin rates drop slightly and rollout goes up slightly. Indoors off of the mat I also tend to turn the ball over slightly more than outdoors off of the grass. My club path is typically inside out and my normal ball flight is a draw. I had the pin set at 160 yards.

I noticed my Ball speeds jumped with the new Bridgestone and my offline deviation tightened up.

Below are the results of today's comparisons.  The BRX is listed twice in the photosIMG_2344.jpeg.5dd2e2d396fda204405c1dbfa8fb6785.jpegIMG_2345.jpeg.01bf6267d916fd87108441b4b26d4a1c.jpegIMG_2346.jpeg.d1cad27315c0bf395f2069e10a5a7511.jpeg

image.png         21 P790's Nippon Pro 850 S

image.png               AI Smoke 10.5 w/ Ventus Blue 5S

image.png                AI Smoke 3 HL Fairway w/ Ventus Blue 6S

image.png                Epic  Hybrid

image.png               Vokey  wedges 54/58

image.png                 Pro V1

image.jpeg.c8b4ffb4ff4de8ea8afba23108e17df9.jpeg           Tour BX and BRX

Screenshot2024-02-11at9_30_37PM.png.1e4cb7cbea3eff113419aae62f667ad2.pngPhantom X 5

image.pngimage.png.2b1b71322a7777a170fc398e58331e60.png  image.png.e0ef3e994d42a54c95d17baf9258a43a.png

image.png

Thanks for sharing the data. Those numbers seem to be a positive for the newer ball.