Testers Wanted: Newton Driver Shafts ×

what is the appropriate length of a putt to give?

Well if I'm playing in a scramble or tournament its no gimmies but if its just a friendly round I let the person pick up whenever he really wants too. I play against myself as I know what I'm capable of shooting and if we are playing for skins if its within a foot pick it up

Driver:titleist-small: GT2 9*  w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-XC 5 

3W :titleist-small: GT 2 13.5* W/ Graphite Design Tour AD-VF 5 

5W :taylormade-small: Qi10 w/ :Fuji: NX Speeder TCS 5

4H: :taylormade-small: Qi10 w/:Fuji: NX Speeder TCS 5

5 thru PW : 😍 :ping-small: i530 5-PW w/ :Fuji: AXIOM 75 shafts

Wedges: :cleveland-small:  RTX 6 Full face 48*, 54* w/ i95 SteelFiber shafts

Puter: 😍 :L.A.B.: GREEN DF3 w/Black 34" w/ BGT Stability ONE w/Press II 3 grip

(Back-up):EVNROLL:  E2 34" w/ BGT Stability Fire shaft midsize Black Pure Grip

Bag: :titleist-small: FOLDS of HONOR

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody here know of any blade type face balanced putters?  I putt cross hand, straight, with various mallet types, but am willing to look for blade face balanced after re-reading the MGD lab on blade versus mallet.

#1  PXG 0211 10.5 deg, Evnflo Riptide CB 40 gram A flex.

3W: Callaway Steelhead Xr,  Tensei Blue CK 55 gram A flex.

5W : Titleist TSi 1,    Aldila Ascent 40 regular flex.

Driving Iron: Mizuno MP 18 MMC Fli-Hi 3i 18 degree, Recoil 95 reg flex.

4 iron:  GFF Mizuno Fly-Hi, 24 degree forged hollow body,  Aerotech Steelfiber 😍😃💥.

5 Hybrid: Mizuno (2017) JPX Fli-Hi wave tech, Recoil ESX 460 reg flex.

Irons: 6 - PW: Ping I 500, on Recoil Smacwrap ES 760, reg flex.

Wedges: 2 x Mizuno S5 52/09.  1@ 50 deg, 1@ 54 deg; New (July 2024) Mizu ES 21, 58 x 08, jet black.

Chipper: Don Martin "Up n In" brass/bronze. 🙂

Putter: Odyssey Stroke Lab "R" Ball, face balanced, with 2 piece Stroke Lab multi material shaft.🙃💘

38 minutes ago, Donn lost in San Diego said:

Anybody here know of any blade type face balanced putters?  I putt cross hand, straight, with various mallet types, but am willing to look for blade face balanced after re-reading the MGD lab on blade versus mallet.

yes there is for sure, I don't know of any names off the top of my head but if you go into a golf shop they will point them out for you, it is the way the hosel goes into the head, and you can determine a face balance by balancing the hosel on your finger and seeing if the toe of the putter hangs or doesn't. 

committed to performance excellence

2 hours ago, Donn lost in San Diego said:

I don't know of many face balanced blade putters that are on the newer side.   You can go back in years and find quite a few.   

https://meridianputters.com/products/charleston-putter-face-balance

https://edelgolf.com/products/eas-1-5-putter

https://www.pxg.com/en-us/golf-clubs/legacy/putters/brandon-gen1.html

Ping Anser 5 models

Just have to do a google search.  There are options.  Typically looking for a long plumbers neck, center shafted, double bend shafts, and a high single bend shaft. 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Paradym AI Smoke Max HL  16.5* w/MCA TENSEI AV Series Blue
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   more-golf-logo.png Render w/VA Composites Baddazz 

Backup Putters:  Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe,  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

4 hours ago, Jim Shaw said:

yes there is for sure, I don't know of any names off the top of my head but if you go into a golf shop they will point them out for you, it is the way the hosel goes into the head, and you can determine a face balance by balancing the hosel on your finger and seeing if the toe of the putter hangs or doesn't. 

I know how to balance a putter.  I have found no blades  I can recall that are F B.  But PXG says their hosel system lets them put a 2 bl bend shaft onto any of theirs to make it F B.  That is the only I knw of.   

4 iron:  GFF Mizuno Fly-Hi, 24 degree forged hollow body,  Aerotech Steelfiber 😍😃💥.

Wedges: 2 x Mizuno S5 52/09.  1@ 50 deg, 1@ 54 deg; New (July 2024) Mizu ES 21, 58 x 08, jet black.

Putter: Odyssey Stroke Lab "R" Ball, face balanced, with 2 piece Stroke Lab multi material shaft.🙃💘

31 minutes ago, Donn lost in San Diego said:

I know how to balance a putter.  I have found no blades  I can recall that are F B.  But PXG says their hosel system lets them put a 2 bl bend shaft onto any of theirs to make it F B.  That is the only I knw of.   

ok, that is good, not everyone knows how to balance a putter. I will keep an eye out.

committed to performance excellence

• 5 months later...
23 minutes ago, Tom S said:

Arnold Palmer described "gimmees" as "An agreement made between two golfers, neither of whom can putt very well."

It's probably the influence of watching YouTube golf at night because the Red Sox are so painful to watch, but...instead of playing each other, we've been playing a lot of scrambles lately to try to meet a team score goal.

Doing so means nothing is good, however, so we have to putt everything out.
Getting three looks at the speed and line sure helps when a putt gets down to the fourth man.

Some comedian, or politician? said, my 2 best strokes:  the practice swing and the conceded putt.

I did hear about one time when some $$$ was on the line was a great strategy. One of the players consistently asked ask for the gimme for about 3’ and the other guys would give it to him. Towards the end of the round, the scores were tight. On the particular hole that started the next step, the green was tough to read given the hole location. Guy goes to pick up his ball, the other players ask him to putt it out. After a bit of whining, the guy misses the three footer. For the rest of the round they made him hole every putt. You already know who won.

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth2

3W: :taylormade-small: Stealth2

4H: :taylormade-small: Stealth 2

Irons 4I-9I:  :titleist-small: T200

Wedges P, 48: :titleist-small: T200

Wedges 54, 58: :titleist-small: Vokey SM9

Putter:  :odyssey-small: O Works #1 Black

On 1/27/2024 at 7:37 PM, Donn lost in San Diego said:

Ping has made some older Ansers that are face balanced, depends on where they attach the shaft. Might still make some. As for gimmes about six inches, everything beyond that is missable. 

Driver -  Callaway GBB Epic

Fairway - Cobra Baffler 5W

Hybrid - TaylorMade Rescue mid 2,4,5h

Irons - Cobra Baffler XL 7-P

GW - Cobra Baffler XL

SW - King Cobra os

Putter - Evnroll ER2