Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Evnroll 5.2 Questions

kmlp95

Anyone have any longer term reviews on this putter and why they still play it or dont? I have the chance to trade my scotty x5.5 which I don't love but I don't hate it but I am unsure if its the right thing to do. I cannot find any near me to test and I also can't find to much info online about them. Any help would be appreciated. 

Edited by kmlp95

Callaway Paradym 8 degree
Cobra Speedzone tour 3 wood
Mizuno JPX 923 Tour Project X LZ 6.5
Vokey SM9 51,56,60 Project X LZ 6.5
Scotty Cameron 5.5 34"

• kmlp95 changed the title to Evnroll 5.2 Questions

Not the 5.2 but this could be a great thread for you to read! All the reviews are linked and there on the first page.

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

I've rolled both at the store.  I think they're similar in size (well visually to me the 5.2 is a bit longer than the 5.1 which is closer to the x5.5).  From a feel standpoint I think the Evnroll is softer feeling while not being mushy, but I am a fan of the Evnroll feel so YMMV.  

If you're not in love with the scotty than it's probably worth giving it a shot!

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5 - Motore X F3 6X | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :titelist-small: TSi3 20* Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:EVNROLL: ER2B | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 Slope | Jones Trouper R | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

Thanks fellas I appreciate it 

Scotty Cameron 5.5 34"

I’ve had my 5.2 since October, so not a real long time, but I came from an ER2v, so I am very accustomed to the feel of the face. I love the feel and still have the ER2v with a Midlock shaft as an alternative to the 5.2. On my third time out  had 12 putts on the first nine- a number I’ve never came close to before. Since I got it I played around 12 rounds (it’s winter where I live and snow is on the ground). My average down to 32 putts around from 34; small sample size, but an improvement never the less. I really see an improvement with the forgiveness over the blade. The biggest improvement was within 10 feet- the square angles and duo two-tone silver and black make the putter very easy for me to aim despite my left eye dominance and right handiness. Of course take this all with a grain of salt as I am a bit of fan boy of Evnroll, but why putt with a Scotty when you can take advantage of the True Roll face? I really think the grooves make a big difference- especially on lag putts. There are some long ones that I know I put a poor strke on em and they end closer than I deserved. The Scotty won’t do that. My 2 cents… 

Driver: Callaway Paradym; Hzrdus Silver 50 Gram

3 Wood: Ping 410; "Otto Phlex" Project X Evenflow Riptide 

7 Wood: Callaway Epic Max 

3, 5-7 Irons: Callaway Apex 19

8-AW Irons: Callaway Apex Pro 19

Wedges: Callaway MD4 54, Callaway MD4 58 X Grind 

Putter: Evnroll ER2v; Midlock and Standard 34 inch with Gravity Gip

15 minutes ago, DukeStKing said:

I’ve had my 5.2 since October, so not a real long time, but I came from an ER2v, so I am very accustomed to the feel of the face. I love the feel and still have the ER2v with a Midlock shaft as an alternative to the 5.2. On my third time out  had 12 putts on the first nine- a number I’ve never came close to before. Since I got it I played around 12 rounds (it’s winter where I live and snow is on the ground). My average down to 32 putts around from 34; small sample size, but an improvement never the less. I really see an improvement with the forgiveness over the blade. The biggest improvement was within 10 feet- the square angles and duo two-tone silver and black make the putter very easy for me to aim despite my left eye dominance and right handiness. Of course take this all with a grain of salt as I am a bit of fan boy of Evnroll, but why putt with a Scotty when you can take advantage of the True Roll face? I really think the grooves make a big difference- especially on lag putts. There are some long ones that I know I put a poor strke on em and they end closer than I deserved. The Scotty won’t do that. My 2 cents… 

Awesome love to hear that, I ended up trading the scotty for it and it feels great on my basement green. I also cant wait for the snow to melt then it will be a battle between this evnroll and my jailbird cruiser I have on order! So far I'm super happy with the look,f eel and grip of the evnroll, oh and the headcover beats the velcro scotty one.

Scotty Cameron 5.5 34"

• 2 weeks later...

My only impression is with the EV2 which now is my gamer as people say it rolls slower than most but I really find it to be just right. It's one of my favorite blade putters as I like the face design how you can hit it off the toe or the heel and it still want to roll as straight as if you hit it right in the middle. Now I do have a stability Fire shaft as that does help keep the stable thru impact but thats a different thread to discuss along with my next putter ordered which isn't here yet

Edited by RangerGrey

Driver:  :ping-small: G430 Max 10 w/OBAN KIYOSHI Purple Tour Reserve 45

3W: :callaway-small:  Paradym Ai Smoke Max D w/GD AD CQ5

5/7 W: :callaway-small:  Paradym w/ :projectx:HZRDS 60

all woods have CPX grips

5 thru PW : 😍 :ping-small: BP S w/ i70 SteelFiber black Label PR shafts

Wedges: :cleveland-small:  RTX 6 Full face 48*, 54* w/ i95 SteelFiber shafts

All irons have WINN DRI-TAC LT grips

Puter: 😍 :L.A.B.: GREEN DF3 w/Black 34" w/ BGT Stability ONE w/Press II 3 grip

(Back-up):EVNROLL:  E2 34" w/ BGT Stability Fire shaft midsize Black Pure Grip

10 hours ago, RangerGrey said:

My only impression is with the EV2 which now is my gamer as people say it rolls slower than most but I really find it to be just right. It's one of my favorite blade putters as I like the face design how you can hit it off the toe or the heel and it still want to roll as straight as if you hit it right in the middle. Now I do have a stability Fire shaft as that does help keep the stable thru impact but thats a different thread to discuss along with my next putter ordered which isn't here yet

I do like the feel more then the scotty, now it will be a battle between it and the jailbird I have on order to see who gets the spot in the bag

Scotty Cameron 5.5 34"

On 2/15/2024 at 4:06 PM, kmlp95 said:

Anyone have any longer term reviews on this putter and why they still play it or dont? I have the chance to trade my scotty x5.5 which I don't love but I don't hate it but I am unsure if its the right thing to do. I cannot find any near me to test and I also can't find to much info online about them. Any help would be appreciated. 

Was going to say the same thing @GolfSpy_APH said.  I have the EV5.3 and love it.  There are 2 reviews on the 5.3 there and the 5.2 is very similar.   

:taylormade-small: SLDR 10.5 Oban HB

:taylormade-small: R11s Rip Phenom

:Hogan: Ft. Worth Black Irons

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX Rotex 2.0 54

:cleveland-small: CG10 58

:EVNROLL: EV 5.3 Duo