What Golf Technology Do You Use On The Course?

I've got a Garmin watch (Approach S60) which I'm a big fan of. Can take a bit of time to load the course but this is because it loads all at once which is great as used a few phone apps that would struggle if there wasn't much reception on the course. I was tossing up between a range finder and the watch and felt I'd get more overall usage from a watch and was right. I wear it daily as it's a decent smartwatch and helps track a whole bunch of other activity as you may expect from a Garmin. 

You can load your clubs and yardage into the app and track your club usage through to strokes and putts which is great to dig into your data afterwards. It also has a swing tempo feature for practice to help you build this based on your back and downswing. All in all, very useful. 

:callaway-small: Callaway X 416
:mizuno-small: Hybrid 19° - JPX850
:cobra-small: Baffler 23° Hybrid
:mizuno-small: Irons - MPH4 5-PW
:vokey-small:SM7 54°
:cleveland-small:RTX Zipcore Full-Face 50° & 58°
:odyssey-small: Tank 2 ball putter  

On 3/9/2024 at 11:43 AM, VistaKing said:

I use a Callaway GPS watch. It saves time in club selection, and I like to keep track of my driving distance. This watch has a lot more bells & whistles, but I find them to be a waist of valuable time. Most of the other technologies are way too expensive.   

I had no idea that Callaway made a watch. Very interesting. 🙂

:taylormade-small: M6 clubs in the bag and a GARMIN Fenix 7 on the wrist!

BobLov Range finder & Pandora (Lou Monte & Louie Prima stations) on iPhone. 

Titleist T200 Irons - 5i thru Gap Wedge - Stiff AMT Black

Callaway PARADYM X 9.0 with Hazrdous X Black 6.0 Stiff Shaft

Fairway Woods:  Callaway Maverick 3W & RazrX Black 5W - Stiff Flex

Rescue:  Apex 4 (22 degree )- Recoil 75H stiff flex 

Wedges: Titleist SM8 - 54 (D Grind) wedge flex; SM8 58(M grind) wedge flex

Putter: Scotty Cameron Phantom X5.5

Ball: Titleist ProV1

Handicap: 0

I use a Garmin S70 watch. It tracks all of my shots and builds a database of results that I can go look at in the app. It shows me every shot on every hole, if that's what I want to see. It also has stat sheets for me to see where my game is lacking. How many fairways, GIR etc... But it also shows me percentage of left, middle, right tees shots I had. On approach shots, it gives me percentages of hit vs right, left, front back. It also will tell me which portions of my game are declining or staying the same etc.. The best part of using this combination of tech is that I can use the virtual caddy system to give me advice on club selection and what the likelihood of me making par if I hit that club in that scenario. If I choose a different club it reduces that percentage. Of course, I am getting data on "plays like" yardages as well. It is adding in elevation, wind, humidity, etc.. The one down side is I am in Oklahoma and last week is a good example of this issue, but it uses the airport for weather info like wind. The wind was blowing about 25 mph and the airport is about 20 miles away. It was adding 30+ yards for shots into the wind. That was pretty accurate. However, when the wind would let up, I would have to toggle that off and use my own estimate with the raw yardages. It's fine, but it's not always able to give accurate wind calculations. 

Stats.png

stats1.png

Stats2.png

Stats3.png

Cart: image.png.50e429cab7658fa55a7699ecf1a9bc3b.pngElectric Cart Tek 1500

Driver: :ping-small: G430 LST  10.5  Mitsubishi Kai Li white 60 stiff

3 wood: :ping-small: G430 15 Mitsubishi Kai Li white 67 stiff

3 &4 hybrid:  pxg-logo.gif.f353978c9ce9413281f838c1a44b4b8e.gif0311 Gen 5 Mitsubishi MMT 80 stiff

Irons 5-GW:  pxg-logo.gif.f353978c9ce9413281f838c1a44b4b8e.gifPXG Gen 3 0311T Steelfiber 115 

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM 6’s gw 50.8, sw 56.8, lob 62.8)

Putter: :odyssey-small: O-Works Red Versa #7S slant neck

Ball:  vice golf.png Vice Pro bridgestone_logo.jpg.4e27c12bc4cae05babb1372e71a3f149.jpg RXS

I got a Bushnell Wingman Mini for Christmas that I've been using. I like it because it easily attaches to my pushcart with a carabiner, it's loud enough that I have no problem hearing my music, but not so loud that its obnoxious, and all I have to do is press a button on the side of the speaker to get an audible yardage front/center/back. 

I also use the Leaderboard app for tracking. I like it because it lets you track more than most other apps, it gives you an unofficial handicap, and it's FREE!

Callaway.png.c5884dfe1017d183a92d9dcc5a2c6fee.png Big Bertha Alpha 815, 9.5°

Cleveland.png.2bf37151ecfc54a091bcec36f657087f.png Launcher DST, 20.5°

Cleveland.png.2bf37151ecfc54a091bcec36f657087f.png CG7, 3-9i

Cleveland.png.2bf37151ecfc54a091bcec36f657087f.png CBX 46°

Kirkland.png.afa30df177455b8f0f794e4ac6047736.png Gen2, 52°, 56°, 60°

Cleveland.png.2bf37151ecfc54a091bcec36f657087f.png HB Soft Premier 10.5C, Lamkin SINKFit Pistol

Taylormade.png.d943e7c482457c4d2b8849d6070e9a3d.png TP5 and Tour Response

I use a shotscope V3 which is a fantastic device for showing distances to F/M/B of greens as well as hazards. The app is also really great for analysing your round and seeing where you need to improve. The most recent strategy setting which allows you to add wind in and allows you to plan your strategy hole by hole is really valuable especially for new courses you do not know. 

I also use a Garmin Z80 rangefinder for checking pin distances when I am not sure from FMB data on shotscope watch. 

Driver:  Callaway Paradym X 10.5* HZRDUS Blue 6.0

5W: TM Stealth 2 HD Speeder NX Red Stiff

7W: PXG 0211 Tensei Blue 65 Stiff

Irons:  Takomo 101s 5-PW KBS Tour Lite Stiff

Wedges:  Cleveland CBX2 52/56/60 DG115 Wedge Flex

Putter: Lab Golf Link 1

Ball:   TP5

Tech: Flightscope Mevo+, Shotscope V3, DeWiz

I use a Bushnell gps on the push cart and a Nikon Range finder.  This way I make sure I hitting the intended target and when I can’t see the flag I have a distance to work with.  

Stealth Plus 9 Driver

Cobra SZ Big 3 Wood 13.5

Cobra SZ 2 Hybrid 

Ping I-500 irons 4-PW

Ping Glide 3.0 wedges 50,54,58

Odyssey Stroke Lab DbleWide Putter 

Odyssey AI One Milled putter most recently. It's the real deal 👍

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)

On 3/13/2024 at 11:05 PM, fixyurdivot said:

Odyssey AI One Milled putter most recently. It's the real deal 👍

I can second this for the non-milled version as well!

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Driver

TaylorMade Stealth 3 wood

Titleist U510 Hybrid (3H)

TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Irons

Vokey SM8 Wedges (52/56/60)

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

Range finder and golf pad app .Range finder for 100 yards and in,  app for score keeping, yardage and carry distances. It also knows my yardages, wind direction, elevation and gives me recommendations for club selection. Might as well be a caddie it's smarter than me and has helped me get hole high a lot more often.

JWW

My rangefinder is a Blue Tees 2 pro and I track all my rounds on the 18 birdies app. I love the app! To be able to link up to my Apple Watch with distances, scoring and green yardage from front-middle-back it is my go-to app for each round. Plus it tracks my handicap, has shot tracking for every club in your bag, gives tips for practice based on how I shot that day, allows me to follow my buddies with their rounds. Oh did I mention it's all in the free version! Yeah it’s a no brainer! 

Callaway Epic driver, 3W, hybrid

Taylormade Speedblades 3-PW

Cleveland 52°. 58°

I use the Shot Scope x5 and a range finder. I previously had an Arccos and a Garmin S20 (I don't have an Apple watch). I decided to move to the X5 because it would reduce the need for two systems, SS doesn't have subscription fees, and I like having stats. I love having a GPS watch to get instance yardage but I find the ranger finder extremely useful when I am within striking distance or chipping. 

Ping G430 Max 10.5 degree PING Tour 2.0 Chrome 65

Ping G430 Max 3 Wood PING Tour 2.0 Chrome 75

Ping G430 Max 7 Wood PING Tour 2.0 Chrome 75

Ping 3i iCrossover PING Tour 2.0 Chrome 85

Wilson D9 Forged 5-GW

Ping Glide 4.0 56/10

Ping Glide 4.0 60/10

Ping Kushin 4 putter

Maxfli Tour & Wilson Triad White Golf Balls