RBC Heritage 2024

SPIES!

I just booked my trip to Hilton head to watch the great RBC Heritage tournament. This trip is especially important because I have NEVER been to a tour event. I am an avid golfer and watch golf religiously. I have not had the funds or matched interest to attended an event. Finally, my buddy got us an opportunity and we are on our way.

I am flying into Savannah on Wednesday night. We will be staying just off the course at my friends aunt's house!! I am looking to see if any fellow spies will be present? I am also looking to get some recs on rounds of golf while in town and/or tips and tricks on the event itself!

Looking forward to seeing some of the worlds best grind it out. 

CGR

Driver:   Srixon ZX7 w/GD Tour VR X 60g w/ Midsize ZCord

5W: TM Rocketballz RBZ with kai'li White X 60g w/ White VTC Cords

3-6 : PING iBlades DG X100 w/ White VTC Cords

7-PW: PING Blueprints DG X100 w/ White VTC Cords 

Wedges: TM MG3 52, 56, 58 DG S300 w/ White VTC Cords

Putter: Scotty Cameron Del-Mar 35" w/ Dancing Scotty Golf Pride Grip

39 minutes ago, CorporateGolfRat said:

tips and tricks on the event itself!

Have fun; it is always enjoyable to watch these guys play.   I always enjoyed going to the driving range and putting green.  Players start their warmups about an hour before their tee time.   Interesting to watch how they warmup prior to a round.    

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :touredgeexotics: XCG7 Beta 15*  w/Fujikura Fuel
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

That's awesome! Harbor Town is one of my favorite courses. I vacationed in Hilton head for a few years and have been to the lighthouse behind the 18th many times. Biggest tip is figure out what you want out of the experience. If its taking in the course and less about watching golf try and loop it a few times and hit the driving range and putting green like @cnosil said. If you are there to watch a lot of golf my advice would be to find a spot you like (get there early) and post up for the day. That course is pretty tight so you will likely only be on 1 hole if you choose the latter. 

Either way have fun and take it all in. These guys are good on TV and even more incredible in person.

Current WITB:

Driver:                      image.png.ad4d66f798557c86ee934344d1a24ed2.png       Paradym 10.5 Ventus Black 6S

Fairway:                   image.png.3077938d887c52577470dba42554f0aa.png     ST-Z 230 3-Wood (15°) HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.0 60 Official Test

Hybrid:                    image.png.a874a9a429fd132acae64968308d6a89.png     ST-Z 230 Hybrid (19°) Ventus Blue HB-8 Official Test

Irons:                       image.png.a874a9a429fd132acae64968308d6a89.png     MP-18 MMC (4-9)

Wedges:     image.png.8641af187e8958a5ff8c3c2146b1fc7c.png  Vokey SM8 (46.10F, 50.12F, 54.14F, 58.12D)

Putter:                image.png.a85c45cc6c173613e90f345a17c689b4.png      Select Squareback 2 34.5 Ping Corded 88G PP58 grip double taped

Ball:                       image.png.c4e52864bdd9535caa79ae03a9376870.png        Pro-V1 (currently testing the Callaway Chrome Soft X LS Triple Track)

Reviews:

2023 Red Rooster Sussex Glove Official Forum Test

2023 Mizuno Long Game Official Forum Test

I have played Harbour Town and I have to say that Holes 15-18 stand out way more than the rest of the course. I find that the second shot into hole 15 (par 5) is amazing that some of these guys can reach it in 2. Also hole 17 is one of the best par 3s on the PGA tour but may be mega crowded. The 18th hole to me is amazing to play but may not be fun to watch. I would recommend following a group you like starting on the back 9 and ideally one without a HUGE star in it so you can see what is happening without being 4 rows deep. 

Overall, I think Harbour Town has a real identity and is kind of an outlier on the PGA tour. A real ballstrikers course that forces you to hit it both ways, has some very small greens and gives you the opportunity for some daring escapes out of the trees (or disastrous results). Have a great time!

:mizuno-small: STZ 230 9.5* ➖ PinHawk SLF 16* ➖ :mizuno-small: STZ 230 Hybrid 21.25* ➖ MALTBY TS1-IM 5-GW ➖ :benhogan-small: Equalizer II 54* ➖ :ping-small: Glide 4.0 (S) 58* ➖ L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 
Maxfli Tour X Official Review -- https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63068-testers-announced-maxfli-tour-x-golf-balls-with-max-align-technology/?do=findComment&comment=1021832

One of my favorite tournaments and golf course. Will be glued to the tv when it starts.

Driver: Ping G430 SFT 10.5

Fairway Woods: Ping SFT G425 3-5

Hybrid   Ping G410 4H

Irons;    Ping G425 5-LW

Putter:  Ping Sigma2 Anser Platinum

Odyssey Tour#1 White Hot 

Ball:      Titleist Tour Speed

Bag:      Titleist

Thats a great one to go to!  Im spoiled every year to have a Tour event 15 minutes from my house.  Wear lots of sunscreen, and make sure you have your most comfy shoes on.  I do almost double the steps compared to just walking 18.  Hope its the trip full of memories!

:taylormade-small:Super Burner 2.0 10.5*

:cobra-small: Fly-Z hybrid

:edel-golf-1: SMS 4-GW

:ping-small: i3 5 Wood

:titleist-small:SM7 56*,60*, SM8 52*

:odyssey-small: Versa 1 putter

2023 Tested: Edel SMS Irons

3 hours ago, Swood1994 said:

That's awesome! Harbor Town is one of my favorite courses. I vacationed in Hilton head for a few years and have been to the lighthouse behind the 18th many times. Biggest tip is figure out what you want out of the experience. If its taking in the course and less about watching golf try and loop it a few times and hit the driving range and putting green like @cnosil said. If you are there to watch a lot of golf my advice would be to find a spot you like (get there early) and post up for the day. That course is pretty tight so you will likely only be on 1 hole if you choose the latter. 

Either way have fun and take it all in. These guys are good on TV and even more incredible in person.

Great suggestions from both @cnosil and yourself, thank you! I will say we are planning on golfing in the area too. Not sure where or when but all together the weekend will be GOLF. I think we will do a mix of posting up at a hole and following a group. 

1 hour ago, vandyland said:

I have played Harbour Town and I have to say that Holes 15-18 stand out way more than the rest of the course. I find that the second shot into hole 15 (par 5) is amazing that some of these guys can reach it in 2. Also hole 17 is one of the best par 3s on the PGA tour but may be mega crowded. The 18th hole to me is amazing to play but may not be fun to watch. I would recommend following a group you like starting on the back 9 and ideally one without a HUGE star in it so you can see what is happening without being 4 rows deep. 

Overall, I think Harbour Town has a real identity and is kind of an outlier on the PGA tour. A real ballstrikers course that forces you to hit it both ways, has some very small greens and gives you the opportunity for some daring escapes out of the trees (or disastrous results). Have a great time!

I've been told many times by friends in golf that this place is as pure as golf venues get outside of the majors. Extremely excited to see the pros go at it. Cannot wait to see both the hero shots and blowup holes lol.

1 hour ago, Triple_Putt said:

Thats a great one to go to!  Im spoiled every year to have a Tour event 15 minutes from my house.  Wear lots of sunscreen, and make sure you have your most comfy shoes on.  I do almost double the steps compared to just walking 18.  Hope its the trip full of memories!

Travelers comes through Connecticut right? Lots of sunscreen is already in the bag so it will definitely get its use. Very excited for the memories and scenery.

5 minutes ago, CorporateGolfRat said:

Travelers comes through Connecticut right? Lots of sunscreen is already in the bag so it will definitely get its use. Very excited for the memories and scenery.

Yep!  Usually some big names, obviously not all.  I usually have Friday and Saturdays off from work that time of year and it works out nicely

:taylormade-small:Super Burner 2.0 10.5*

:cobra-small: Fly-Z hybrid

:edel-golf-1: SMS 4-GW

:ping-small: i3 5 Wood

:titleist-small:SM7 56*,60*, SM8 52*

:odyssey-small: Versa 1 putter

2023 Tested: Edel SMS Irons

On 3/20/2024 at 8:19 AM, CorporateGolfRat said:

SPIES!

I just booked my trip to Hilton head to watch the great RBC Heritage tournament. This trip is especially important because I have NEVER been to a tour event. I am an avid golfer and watch golf religiously. I have not had the funds or matched interest to attended an event. Finally, my buddy got us an opportunity and we are on our way.

I am flying into Savannah on Wednesday night. We will be staying just off the course at my friends aunt's house!! I am looking to see if any fellow spies will be present? I am also looking to get some recs on rounds of golf while in town and/or tips and tricks on the event itself!

Looking forward to seeing some of the worlds best grind it out. 

CGR

I may be in town for the tournament, waiting on grandchild to be born soon. Regarding playing, the high end courses are probably already booked. Listed are a couple that you possibly can get on at a reasonable rate.

https://hiltonheadnational.com/

https://www.oldsouthgolf.com/

https://www.bearcreekhhi.com/

https://dolphinheadgc.com/

Driver: :titelist-small: TSI3 - 10*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Graphite Design Tour AD DJ5 Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  5 - PW T150, with Nippon Zelos 7 Reg, 4 iron - U505 with Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM 8 - 50*, 60* Standard Wedge Shafts

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 MG3 56* S200 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5        
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1x

I have come to cherish this particular event, as it takes place on a golf course that stands out in its own right, boasting several distinctive features that set it apart from other golf courses. From the layout of the greens to the undulating fairways, every aspect of this course is meticulously designed and maintained, making it a true masterpiece. With every shot, the players are challenged to navigate through the course's various obstacles and hazards, requiring a great deal of skill, experience, and precision. Overall, this event is a must-watch for any golf enthusiast who appreciates the beauty and complexity of the game.

JSki_Golf