Ready to upgrade my shoes, but what brand

I guess it comes down to Spiked or spikeless. But is style or comfrot more important??

Charleston, SC

HDCP 13.0

• Driver: :taylormade-small:  M6 9* with 65g Stiff Mitsubishi Tensei Red shaft
  • 3 wood: :ping-small:  G425 stiff shaft
  • 5 wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth 2 stiff shaft
  • 4-gw irons:  :mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal w/ X-stiff KBS 130gr shafts (soft stepped)
  • Wedges: :taylormade-small: MG3 52, 56, 60 
  • Putter: 34" Scotty Cameron 12.5
  • Ball: :titelist-small: ProV-1x
  • Tracked By: :Arccos:

MGS Tester '20 - :ping-small: G710 Iron Review

MGS Tester '19 - :918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX9 HD Pro laser rangefinder

I I like the Adidas 360Boost line but after three hip replacements I lean to spikes if a course is wet at all. Spikeless is fine if dry, but my home course has a drainage issue so spikes the majority of the time

Callaway Mavrick Driver, Callaway Rouge Max 3,5 wood, Cobra 3-4 hybrid, Nike Vrs Forged irons 5-A, Cleveland Zipcore 56,60, Odyssey Marksman

I have worn FJ over the years but a few years back tried Sketchers.  Wear a 4E width so that is an issue.  The Sketchers are very comfortable.  I walk 18 four or five days a week, sometimes more.  I get the spiked and replace the spikes, usually once then it's time to toss.

Brand should not matter too much, what really matters is fit and feel. There is nothing better than a great-fitting shoe. The best thing you can do and go and try on many different pairs and styles across all brands and see what works best for your foot. Custom orthotics are something to look into.

-Remember: Course Management.

True All Day Knit if you prefer spikeless. Great traction and very breathable. Great for walking as well. Also look good off the course.

11 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Anyone have experience with the Nobull shoes?

I played a round years ago in their normal CrossFit shoes and regretted it. Not because of the lack of traction, which honestly wasn't great because they were gym shoes not golf shoes, but because my feet got so hot. Curious if the golf shoes are more breathable though

Driver: PXG Black Ops, Ventus Blue 6X 

Fairways: PXG 0311 XF Gen 5 3 and 5 wood, Project X Riptide CB 6.0

Hybrid: PXG 0311 XF Gen 5 22 degree, Project X Riptide 6.0

Irons: PXG 0311P Gen 5 5-PW, Project X LS 6.5

Wedges: PXG SG2 50, 56(55), Modus 125 Wedge; PXG SG 2 60, KBS 130 Wedge  

Putter: TaylorMade Spider GT Red SB

Ball: Maxfli Tour S

MGS Star Grip Review: https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63328-star-grips-2024-forum-review/

I recently picked up the Jordan ADG 4 because I wanted a bit more of a classy look but also still pretty athletic and comfortable. The they are really stable through the swing and I don’t find myself slipping in them. I liked them enough to get both a white pair and black pair. I think they are on sale on Nike right now so a decent deal for a great shoe. 

#LeftyLife

WITB

Driver- Taylormade Qi10

3W- Taylormade Stealth

3H- TaylorMade Stealth 

Irons (4-PW)- 2023 TM P790

50 degree- TM MG3

54 and 58- Titleist Vokey SM9 

Putter- Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

I wear size 8.5 narrow to medium so I am very particular in my shoes. Because i rotate my shoes play3 times a week they tend to last. I now have 17 pair of various brands . FJ, Puma, Ecco, Nike, Duca del Cosme and a Chinese pair from Temu….lol. 

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

17 hours ago, RomanG said:

I was given a pair of True shoes (All Day Knit 2) and must say they are incredibly comfortable. If I'm playing a course that I don't need the spikes, I'll use them. Absolutely the best spikeless shoes I've used. They're perfect for warm weather. With the "Trueknit" upper you gain breathability, however, you don't get much for water intrusion. They do offer waterproof on some of their other models. 

My standard running shoe is a 13-wide. True has shoes that go all the way up to size 15. I have a pair of All Day Knit 2 and they are the most comfortable shoes I own. Only downside is that they have exactly zero water resistance. I will be getting a pair of the Original 1.2 or the OG Tour before my season starts up here in Maine.

I absolute love their All Day Knit minus the fact that they are so bad at keeping water out that my socks get wet from dew. I'll be trying to Scotch guard them this year to see if that helps at all.

Edited by MonBear

Driver: TaylorMade M1 Kuro Kage Stiff

3 Wood: TaylorMade M2 trash shaft Stiff

Utility: Sub70 699 Pro 21.5° Ventus Blue HB 8-X

4i-PW: Mizuno MP 25 TrueTemper s-300 +0.5"

50°: Titleist SM6 Tour Chrome TrueTemper s-200 +0.5"

54°: Titleist SM6 Jet Black TrueTemper s-200 +0.25"

58°: Titleist SM6 Steel Gray TrueTemper wedge flex

10 hours ago, jfree1833 said:

I recently picked up the Jordan ADG 4 because I wanted a bit more of a classy look but also still pretty athletic and comfortable. The they are really stable through the swing and I don’t find myself slipping in them. I liked them enough to get both a white pair and black pair. I think they are on sale on Nike right now so a decent deal for a great shoe. 

Those are extremely nice shoes, but couldn't find a new pair in my size from a reliable website

Bubba Ivy 

58 minutes ago, Bubba1985 said:

Just to fill everyone in, I listened to everyone and shopped around and ended up with the adidas codechaos 22s..will let y'all know how they are after a few rounds!

Screenshot_20240416-002411.png

Good luck mate

WWill be good to get the feedback

WITB.

Tour Edge e723 irons, 4-SW, c523 Driver

TaylorMade Sim 3 wood, 

Cobra King Vintage Stingray 2.0 Putter

Check out True! Im on my second pair. Loving how comfortable they are. In addition, for a spike less shoe, it’s incredibly grippy. 

Ping G430 10k Max with LA Golf Shaft

TM Mini Driver with KBS TD 7 Cat 4 

P790 Irons

MG4 54.11 wedge

High Toe 58.10 wedge

TM Spider GT Putter

I like Nike, but their sizing can be finicky. Some I wear my normal size that I've worn in Nike's for years and others I have to size up a full size. They're very good if you can find a pair that fits well.

I have a pair of Asics that I like a lot. Comfortable and easy for walking.

I have a tendency to destroy my left golf shoes. I put serious pressure on the sole and they detach often. It's happened to Nike, FootJoy, Asics, and New Balance. I'd like to find one that holds up well.

Okish golfer

On 4/16/2024 at 1:41 AM, duckman said:

Good luck mate

WWill be good to get the feedback

We went and played 27 holes today, but unfortunately I didn't wear the new shoes..I did wear them to the course and home but put my new balance on to play golf.. The adidas are very snug at the point where the bottom of the tongue meets the shoe.. think I need to wear them in a little more and get them molded to my foot before I play in them

Bubba Ivy 

wore Nike when i first started b/c they looked cool. recently changed to FJ and haven't looked back. really like the fact that they have wide options since i have stupid wide feet due to collapsing arches.

Driver: Titleist TSR3

Irons: Titleist T350

On 4/15/2024 at 5:23 AM, RomanG said:

I was given a pair of True shoes (All Day Knit 2) and must say they are incredibly comfortable. If I'm playing a course that I don't need the spikes, I'll use them. Absolutely the best spikeless shoes I've used. They're perfect for warm weather. With the "Trueknit" upper you gain breathability, however, you don't get much for water intrusion. They do offer waterproof on some of their other models. 

Agree. They’re very light, but early round cause of dew and wet rounds these aren’t the go. I have Travis Matthew Cuater’s in leather for those days. Used to wear Nike’s that I got for $50 for like 5 years. It was time for an upgrade.

- TK

On 4/15/2024 at 6:05 AM, SDunne said:

I have wide feet and love my Puma golf shoes - I've had a few different styles over the last few years but they hold up really well. I went the spikeless route a while back and find that I get all the traction I need but as someone who walks the course 90% of the time, needed that extra comfort. The Puma Ignites I currently wear are as comfy as a running shoe by the end of a round so can't fault them and can usually then wear them straight in the clubhouse as look good too. 

I've heard lots of good things about Ecco but the price always scared me off (they're super expensive here in Australia). Footjoy are a brand I used to have in spikes and always enjoyed and can't fault either.

Have tried FJ, Skechers, Adidas, NB and Puma. I walk all / most rounds. Currently rotating through 4 pairs of Puma shoes - comfortable walking shoe, nice stability, waterproof. Was disappointed in how my NB shoes wore out so quickly. Adidas would be my 2nd choice based on recent pairs I wore. Skechers were pretty good as well.

I wear nothing but adidas in my everyday shoe. I have about 7 pairs of the adidas superstar in variations. They just fit my feet the best. Nike tends to run a little thin in width for my foot. So for spiked shoes, I have a pair the adidas superstar golf version. For spikeless it's the code chaos. Mostly because if I'm wearing spikeless it's hot and dry. They're super breathable and very comfortable. My spiked shoes are just like wearing my regular sneakers. I could be missing out on something much better, but I found something I liked so I stick with it. I have a set of spikes from golf kicks. I haven't tried them yet because I haven't found a shoe I'd want to sacrifice. 

Driver - Taylormade Stealth 2 Plus 9 degree @ 44.5"

3 wood - Cobra LTDx max 

Taylormade sim 4hybrid through PW

Mizuno S22 wedges - 50, 54 and 58

Putter - Odyssey white hot OG 1