Testers Wanted: Newton Driver Shafts ×

Shot Scope V5 2024 Forum Review

Message added by MGS-Forum-Mod,

Follow our testers main posts via the links below!

@unccross - Main Post 

@Bohnson - Main Post 

@Irish-Assassin - Main Post 

@RohanVster - Main Post

Posted (edited)

@bama no 1 this is the comparison between the two apps

Screenshot_20240530-121639_ShotScope.jpg.d6ff0a8c1789c94e9e1c328ed0869f49.jpg

Screenshot_20240530-121101_GarminGolf.jpg.fc44a8f2fc91de7794a011a7a392c08d.jpg

Edited by RohanVster
spacing issues

Driver:callaway-small: Rogue ST MAX LS Driver

3 Hybrid:callaway-small:APEX'21 3H

5 Wood : :callaway-small:Rogue ST MAX LS

Irons:callaway-small: APEX'21  5-PW Irons

Wedges:callaway-small: JAWS 56 

Putter :  :odyssey-small:2-ball 

Balls:callaway-small:Callaway Chrome Soft OR :srixon-small: AD 333

Completed testsShot Scope V5

53 minutes ago, bama no 1 said:

I dont know about how others feel about but with all of the comments concerning there were missed shots, number of putts not recorded then how correct can we assume that the data is correct.   I am not familiar with shotscope but I am guessing you can edit the information to the actual number of shots taken so forth.

I think the data is as accurate as the quality of gps signal you have. Some of my miss shots are my fault. Habits I have that seem to confuse the watch.  For example I have a bunker shot that leaves a long putt,  after putting I sometimes pick my wedge up and place it where I won’t forget it or place it at my next putt.  This seems to throw off the watch and sends it to the next hole. I’m trying to not do this anymore or trying to remember to carry clubs in my right hand as not to confuse the watch.  The other shots mine misses are the second shot in the same area with the same club. Chunk a chip and walk up and hit your second one, it seems to miss the second one for me. 

The round are easy to edit on the computer. I have to edit several putts and pin locations with the h4 and v5. I step off the distance of my first putt and write that down on my card. That has really helped me with editing on the greens. 

Jnr

How is everyone finding the battery life?

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

1 minute ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Battery life seems great for me, I’ve walked 27 holes and still had around 50 % battery when I plugged it up when I got home. I have only wore it on the course as a golf watch and not wore it as an everyday watch though, so I can’t comment on how it does as a normal watch. I feel that on the course I can get 2 rounds easily out of it maybe 3! 

Jnr

1 hour ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Yesterday I played just 18 holes, charged it up to 100% before the round and it's currently sitting at 20%. Not sure why I don't get the same battery performance as @unccross

1 hour ago, unccross said:

I think the data is as accurate as the quality of gps signal you have. Some of my miss shots are my fault. Habits I have that seem to confuse the watch.  For example I have a bunker shot that leaves a long putt,  after putting I sometimes pick my wedge up and place it where I won’t forget it or place it at my next putt.  This seems to throw off the watch and sends it to the next hole. I’m trying to not do this anymore or trying to remember to carry clubs in my right hand as not to confuse the watch.  The other shots mine misses are the second shot in the same area with the same club. Chunk a chip and walk up and hit your second one, it seems to miss the second one for me. 

The round are easy to edit on the computer. I have to edit several putts and pin locations with the h4 and v5. I step off the distance of my first putt and write that down on my card. That has really helped me with editing on the greens. 

I have found that by carrying the clubs in the opposite hand and tags facing down works. Give that a try mate  

On 5/12/2024 at 10:17 PM, unccross said:

Are there any specific types of shots that the watch is not picking up , like chips or just randomly missing some?  I’m use to the H4 where I have to tag my club to the unit before every shot, so if it misses a shot, it’s my fault.  The putting is kinda frustrating on the h4 also. I try to step off my first putt and write down that distance. I’ve seen 18 foot putts show as a 2 foot putt after the round. I do all my putt editing on the computer. Someone in the Shotscope group said it’s gps issues not necessarily the device. 

I have had my V5 for three rounds and feel that I need to be very conscious that the watch is tagged to the club.  It misses many of my shots, to the point now where I need to make sure I tag to the wrist band. I play righty, wear watch on left wrist, and do not play any shots crosshanded (lead hand low).  Maybe I have a less sensitive band on my watch, the new versions of the tags were supposed to reduce miss shots, but I'm not seeing this to be case, I am missing much more than I had with the V3.  

5 hours ago, RohanVster said:

@bama no 1 this is the comparison between the two apps

Screenshot_20240530-121639_ShotScope.jpg.d6ff0a8c1789c94e9e1c328ed0869f49.jpg

thanks for the feedback.

WITB

Cobra Radspeed 10.5 driver

Cobra 3 wood

Nickent hybrid

PXG 0311 3-PW 

Cleveland zip core wedges 52,56,60

Odyssey/Goodwood  putters-models works 7 for odyssey and Goodwood custom putters switch out from time to time.

Just now, bama no 1 said:

sent this a second time as I dont know if it posted correctly the first time.

Thanks for the feedback.  The Garmin looks very specific,  I know have to decide if I want to drop that kind of money on a stat collector range finder.

WITB

Cobra 3 wood

Nickent hybrid

PXG 0311 3-PW 

Odyssey/Goodwood  putters-models works 7 for odyssey and Goodwood custom putters switch out from time to time.

5 hours ago, RohanVster said:

What I have done during the 2 rounds I played thus far, especially when editing, is to compare the data points from the Shot Scope to that on the Garmin app. It's pretty much the same, some shots are on both apps either 1m longer or shorter but really not by much. Will quickly make the screenshots for you. What I want to try as well is to take at least a few practice shots, especially with the short shots like bump and run's, maybe by doing that, it will miss less shots.

About the missed putts, in my case, I was using the manual putting input, where you should collect the putt over every put you take. It is something to get accustomed to. I find my self going back to where my put was and logging the position then going to the hole to collect the pin several times yesterday. Will try it on auto in my next round.

Thanks again for the feedback.

WITB

Cobra 3 wood

Nickent hybrid

PXG 0311 3-PW 

23 hours ago, RohanVster said:

What I have done during the 2 rounds I played thus far, especially when editing, is to compare the data points from the Shot Scope to that on the Garmin app. It's pretty much the same, some shots are on both apps either 1m longer or shorter but really not by much. Will quickly make the screenshots for you. What I want to try as well is to take at least a few practice shots, especially with the short shots like bump and run's, maybe by doing that, it will miss less shots.

About the missed putts, in my case, I was using the manual putting input, where you should collect the putt over every put you take. It is something to get accustomed to. I find my self going back to where my put was and logging the position then going to the hole to collect the pin several times yesterday. Will try it on auto in my next round.

I have found you have to edit most if not all of your putts. Very rare that the putts are exact. The pin locations need to be updated as well. 

the data is great but does take some time after the round to make things legit. 

Brandon Johnson, MBA
COO / Co-founder North American Golf Tour 

www.northamericangolftour.com

e: bjohnson@northamericangolftour.com

WITB: 

• D - Taylormade M1 w/ tensie pro orange 
  • 3w- Taylormade M1 w/ tensie pro orange 
  • 2i - Srixon 
  • 4- 5 Srixon 785 
  • 6- 9 Srixon z blades 
  • PW, GW, SW, LW Cleveland rtx 
  • true temper shafts in all of my irons 
  • putter - Odyssey #9

23 minutes ago, Bohnson said:

I have found you have to edit most if not all of your putts. Very rare that the putts are exact. The pin locations need to be updated as well. 

I am thinking shotscope would not be for me.  If I have to make edits after each round to correct the data, well i can make my own spreadsheet if i wanted to do that.

Since I already know generally how many GIR, Fairways hit, number of putts taken, I'll just accept that basic information. 

For those that want more exact info enjoy your data.

WITB

Cobra 3 wood

Nickent hybrid

PXG 0311 3-PW 

33 minutes ago, Bohnson said:

Not a tester but a long time V3 user and this is very true. I have taken to stepping off my put lengths and writing those down so I can edit and move things to get more accurate results. Though even that is not as precise as some might like but helps me get pretty solid results.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

8 minutes ago, bama no 1 said:

I am thinking shotscope would not be for me.  If I have to make edits after each round to correct the data, well i can make my own spreadsheet if i wanted to do that.

Since I already know generally how many GIR, Fairways hit, number of putts taken, I'll just accept that basic information. 

For those that want more exact info enjoy your data.

The beauty of shotscope is the strokes gained information. Basic stats such as FIR and GIR and putts are okay but there is a lot that can be lost. 
Say for instance you’re a short knocker and hit 90% of your fairways, 10% of your greens, and never three putt. You’d be like I need to work on GIRs and my putting and driving are great. Odds are you are losing strokes because you don’t hit it far enough and length is your issue. You’re not hitting greens so you’re chipping on and 1/two putting most holes. 
shotscope or an advanced tracking method are a cheat code because you compile data to see where you need to improve. The cheat code needs you to spend time after the round editing (easiest on a computer). 
shotscope is nice bc there isn’t a subscription. 

Brandon Johnson, MBA

WITB: 

• 2i - Srixon 
  • 4- 5 Srixon 785 
  • 6- 9 Srixon z blades 
  • putter - Odyssey #9

2 minutes ago, Bohnson said:

The beauty of shotscope is the strokes gained information. Basic stats such as FIR and GIR and putts are okay but there is a lot that can be lost. 
Say for instance you’re a short knocker and hit 90% of your fairways, 10% of your greens, and never three putt. You’d be like I need to work on GIRs and my putting and driving are great. Odds are you are losing strokes because you don’t hit it far enough and length is your issue. You’re not hitting greens so you’re chipping on and 1/two putting most holes. 
shotscope or an advanced tracking method are a cheat code because you compile data to see where you need to improve. The cheat code needs you to spend time after the round editing (easiest on a computer). 
shotscope is nice bc there isn’t a subscription. 

True that you get more precise data but thats not going to help me get more distance off the tee.  Plus I would already know that i dont hit it far off the tee. How did you know that btw?

Guess Im just one of those guys that just wants the general info and playing golf with friends to have a good time and not get so wrapped up into all the data that you can compile.  I get enough of that at work.

WITB

Cobra 3 wood

Nickent hybrid

PXG 0311 3-PW 

11 minutes ago, bama no 1 said:

True that you get more precise data but thats not going to help me get more distance off the tee.  Plus I would already know that i dont hit it far off the tee. How did you know that btw?

Guess Im just one of those guys that just wants the general info and playing golf with friends to have a good time and not get so wrapped up into all the data that you can compile.  I get enough of that at work.

There is beauty in simplicity 🙂 I had no idea haha it was just an example I thought of. 

Brandon Johnson, MBA

WITB: 

• 2i - Srixon 
  • 4- 5 Srixon 785 
  • 6- 9 Srixon z blades 
  • putter - Odyssey #9

I played yesterday at Westbrook Lakes course, set up everything to go and off I went. Was using the My Strategy section ( Photo below ) plus gps tracking distance from the watch and everything was well for the whole day. 
But here’s the kicker, I got home to look at all the data and for some strange reason was missing whole holes, missed second shots so I had some drives over 400 yards, ( Ok Happy Gilmore ).

So looked at each hole to edit, tried to edit but wouldn’t save edits so couldn’t add the missing holes, maybe a small glitch, also missed some putts. 
Possible small gps glitch or tag glitch, so I went back through my bag making sure all clubs were tagged on watch. 
Will sign off and on again and next time I play this will hopefully be fixed. IMG_2703.png.0ab40328e42c6c83fd017d54d0d2e3b8.pngIMG_2704.png.92bf42a642148828e54578750560d70a.png

Titleist TRS Driver, Titleist TSR 3 Wood, Titleist TRS 2 Hybrid, Titleist T300 irons, Vokey SM9 wedges 56 - 60, Scotty Cameron putter. 

Has a nice clock face option, several to choose from,  my personal favorite is the last one, old school clock face. IMG_2710.jpeg.ac35d1d8f33f82255a8ee35563232834.jpegIMG_2711.jpeg.e4125cd91427ef242f2c8dc223de4afd.jpegIMG_2712.jpeg.814adecc406288a3c90abab5927c1879.jpegIMG_2713.jpeg.8120336b69422bf1fb79291024a51756.jpegIMG_2722.jpeg.be6f2a695377ade7f2ffe2eb6fa0fa95.jpeg

Titleist TRS Driver, Titleist TSR 3 Wood, Titleist TRS 2 Hybrid, Titleist T300 irons, Vokey SM9 wedges 56 - 60, Scotty Cameron putter. 

I have to do a little research on adding penalty shots while playing. I was toggling around but could not figure it out easily. Wish I never had to add penalty shots lol that was my game plan. 

Brandon Johnson, MBA

WITB: 

• 2i - Srixon 
  • 4- 5 Srixon 785 
  • 6- 9 Srixon z blades 
  • putter - Odyssey #9

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, Bohnson said:

I have to do a little research on adding penalty shots while playing. I was toggling around but could not figure it out easily. Wish I never had to add penalty shots lol that was my game plan. 

Hey Bohnson. 
Go to the round your trying to add penalties. IMG_2737.png.97ceaf1664c7d71a331805c53136c7a1.pngThen hit the pencil right corner. IMG_2735.jpeg.de7e00049531ac05de571ba5d277feeb.jpegThen hit the edit button. IMG_2739.png.7446073688bc333da510b981e6f11c11.pngThen the blue plus sign. IMG_2740.jpeg.100e11b225beb6e7b142b1df86b03f90.jpegTop corner should have the penalty shots add button. IMG_2741.jpeg.f3e16b0fb9ed6f897f03e9484c289dbc.jpegHope that helps. 

Edited by Irish-Assassin

So I played another round on Friday, was a super busy weekend so I couldn't get an opportunity to come and post about it. Played on a different course, the one closest to me and what a spectacular course it is. Shout out to Middelburg Country Club for having me. Could unfortunately only play 9 holes because I had plans for the evening.

20240531_133443.jpg.2705f537597390378fbec8691c0d52f9.jpg   20240531_131330.jpg.47636ac8677a5896da8d71c644118e9b.jpg

Course was actually very quite and almost had the sense of playing millionaires golf (with nobody behind or ahead of us). Started the round with the watch fully charged and at the end of the 9 holes it was on 85%. 

I have noted an improvement from my previous round thanks to the dashboard's strokes gained function. Was trying to swing bit smoother with my driver this round which ended up dropping in SG.

cap1.JPG.0c3d2b61f0626a85fe13c06595daf101.JPG

I used the Auto putting mode during this round *@bama no 1 feedback* and found I had to edit about all the putts from the round, think I will be going back to manual mode on the next round. I tried to take practice swings before every shot and found that actually helped with the missed shots, give that a try fellow testers and shot scope users @conted@Bohnson, @Irish-Assassinand @unccross 

I did unlock some more medals during the round👏🏽

cap2.JPG.c001537ec4175d60daf45764888ad5f7.JPG

Will keep you guys updated after the round on Friday, playing a mashie course so it will be interesting to check how accurate the GPS will be on it. 

Here's some nice photos from Friday on the course 

20240531_154013.jpg.0715ea8fc187783189c30d5a7415fd67.jpg20240531_141823.jpg.aba9bf958f3adb4f5ecdd67118d90b3c.jpg

On 5/31/2024 at 10:24 AM, Irish-Assassin said:

I played yesterday at Westbrook Lakes course, set up everything to go and off I went. Was using the My Strategy section ( Photo below ) plus gps tracking distance from the watch and everything was well for the whole day. 
But here’s the kicker, I got home to look at all the data and for some strange reason was missing whole holes, missed second shots so I had some drives over 400 yards, ( Ok Happy Gilmore ).

So looked at each hole to edit, tried to edit but wouldn’t save edits so couldn’t add the missing holes, maybe a small glitch, also missed some putts. 
Possible small gps glitch or tag glitch, so I went back through my bag making sure all clubs were tagged on watch. 
Will sign off and on again and next time I play this will hopefully be fixed. IMG_2703.png.0ab40328e42c6c83fd017d54d0d2e3b8.pngIMG_2704.png.92bf42a642148828e54578750560d70a.png

I have become more cognizant of making sure the watch links the club. So hit your tee shot and when you get to your approach shot look at the watch face to make sure it has recognized the club in your hand. If you put the club tag close to the watch it should grab it. 

Brandon Johnson, MBA

WITB: 

• 2i - Srixon 
  • 4- 5 Srixon 785 
  • 6- 9 Srixon z blades 
  • putter - Odyssey #9

Anyone been a few holes from being done editing on your computer to have the website refresh and lose all of your updates. 😂 talk about frustrating. 

Brandon Johnson, MBA

WITB: 

• 2i - Srixon 
  • 4- 5 Srixon 785 
  • 6- 9 Srixon z blades 
  • putter - Odyssey #9

30 minutes ago, Bohnson said:

Anyone been a few holes from being done editing on your computer to have the website refresh and lose all of your updates. 😂 talk about frustrating. 

Luckily that never happened to me...hopefully it won't as well

32 minutes ago, Bohnson said:

I have become more cognizant of making sure the watch links the club. So hit your tee shot and when you get to your approach shot look at the watch face to make sure it has recognized the club in your hand. If you put the club tag close to the watch it should grab it. 

Yeah I also always make sure the club in hand is displayed on yhe watch face, sometimes it takes a while to register the club...did you find the same Bohnson?

1 hour ago, Bohnson said:

Thanks Bohnson,

I will try that to see if that works, damn annoying when the data is all over the place and you have to keep on editing shots. 
Don’t get me wrong, I do love the data for all around game, the yardages are good but having to edit is a pain in the Ass. 

1 minute ago, Irish-Assassin said:

Thanks Bohnson,

I will try that to see if that works, damn annoying when the data is all over the place and you have to keep on editing shots. 
Don’t get me wrong, I do love the data for all around game, the yardages are good but having to edit is a pain in the Ass. 

Agreed, it is taking more time than I would like. Data, visuals, strategy, challenges, etc. are legit. Editing is too tough! I spent more than 45 mins on my last round. 

Brandon Johnson, MBA

WITB: 

• 2i - Srixon 
  • 4- 5 Srixon 785 
  • 6- 9 Srixon z blades 
  • putter - Odyssey #9

Interesting observation. I left my phone and push cart near the up tee while walking back to the back tee. The shot was tagged near where I left my bag. Probably more accurate if you have your phone on you at all times? Also had one random hole that was completely and LOL Not sure how the watched tagged those shots? Still love the data and app visuals once all of the editing is done. 

error.png

right tee box.png

wrong tee box.png

Brandon Johnson, MBA

WITB: 

• 2i - Srixon 
  • 4- 5 Srixon 785 
  • 6- 9 Srixon z blades 
  • putter - Odyssey #9

On 5/30/2024 at 1:36 AM, Northern Monkey said:

I use manual putting mode but have a tag on my putter and have found lately that I am getting extra putts shown. I’m just wondering if despite using manual mode the tag is also picking up and logging putts 

Haven’t tried the manual putting mode on the v5 yet. I might try it next round just to see how well I like it. 

Jnr

Just finished a round and uploaded it to my phone. Don’t have time to edit it right now but, this is a first. It uploaded as 2 separate rounds. Not sure what happened, I’ve never had that happen before. 

IMG_5206.jpeg.e003f7be0e8387b62f86b8a2c7c4a503.jpeg

Shot a 90, so it looks like it missed a lot less shots than normal but will take some major editing to make it one round. 

Jnr